Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

The Lost world Mod - jarrasic park

they can't now that? that's a theory not fact. there for example they had very very big leg muscles. and it would be wierd if they had them to run away from other dinosaurs. and if it ate dead dinosaurs their big mouth wouldn't have been needed. whats the point with a big body when u can't use it. I mean they could have attakced from a forest. then it's pretty easy to supprice and panic. well enyway it's just theory not fact. if u would prove that theory u would need DNA there is no DNA left. tounge_o.gif

well if thats the case then its also a theory that they were a hunting carnivore. and its quite easy for them to calculate the velocity of the creature, and the large leg muscles and bone size would be required to just move the huge body, at not a very fast rate. Also what use would a big mouth be? To bite dinosaurs? do they bite live ones differently than dead ones? Also they probably couldn't have attacked from a forest as they're too bulky to hide and stalk, and due to body mass have crap acceleration, they would also be breaking alot of undergrowth on their approach, warning their potential "prey". Thats not my theory, its a combined theory of many professional Paleontologists

as the other theory as well. but enyway. u can't be shure of enything enyway since it's just bones and nothing else... what if it sounded like a cat tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif . this is a stupid discusion enyway  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

actually i thought it was quite an intellectual conversation tounge_o.gif .

anyways back on topic, any news lately? the progress page has been updated a bit i see.

Wow mods really coming along nice... now if only the fences looked like the ones in the movies... sad_o.gif

indeed they don't.. they are based on the fences form the game jurassic park operation genesis smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]anyways back on topic, any news lately? the progress page has been updated a bit i see.

yeah i've been working on some info.. you can see pics and stuff of progress on our forum as well

if you make the dinos on east side that will be great so i can get them to chase yankees on my civil war island now i use starwars stuff right now

Wow mods really coming along nice... now if only the fences looked like the ones in the movies... sad_o.gif

indeed they don't.. they are based on the fences form the game jurassic park operation genesis smile_o.gif

You know... I didnt even think about that game.

You know... I didnt even think about that game.

well.. to please u we'lle use some of the movie as well smile_o.gif

tnx.. though i don't know what's up with the limp biskit music tounge_o.gif

oh w8.. that's from the new not yet uploaded movie lol sorry.. forget the limp bizkit remark tounge_o.gif

very neat work i hope u do the dilophosaurus form jp

(the spitting one)

good work ;D

but an advise

dont use names of original character in teh movie

u coudl get into real bad trouble

an i wan to play with a slinky raptor biggrin_o.gif

well..

the dilophosaurus in the movie ain't realistic, the real dilophosaurus was about 2 meters high and much longer.. unless ofcourse the dilophosaurus in the movie was a youngster...

actually its been ~3 meters long

seen a skelton of it

might be a youngster yea

Also raptors were much smaller apparently, I'll have a look at the new vid now.

yeah

a lot of the dino's in the movies aren't really realistic but as we are a jurassic park mod we'll base our models on the movies and maybe add right ones as an extra wink_o.gif

Nice video smile_o.gif

Yeah as I was saying the raptors are meant to be the height of a 6ft persons knee crazy_o.gif well that's what it says in this dino book I had when I was younger, it has the heights and a lot of the facts of all the dinos, if you need any info let me know smile_o.gif

You are right, it is actually somewhat difficult to find the average height of a raptor. Deinonychus was the biggest raptor I think, usually 2.5 to 4 m in length while the rest were an average of 2m in length. Great video, though. I hope to see more progress from this mod smile_o.gif

you have forgot about Utahraptor smile_o.gif

it was 1.7m/6ft from hip down

and there was one recently discovered (this year or so)

but I forget

there is also another raptor that is named Dromaeosaurus it was smaller than a normal velociraptor about the size of a medium sized dog or a troodon (0.5m/1.5ft from hip down)

and there is one even smaller called Eoraptor

it is only 50cm/1ft tall from hip down:P

oh also the reason I chose to use hip down for the mesurment was cus when running and lurking it's head is lower smile_o.gif

and so it is hard to give a accuret hight from that

Thanks. I will post more screens soon. If you want to see the dinos check out our forums.