Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

The Lost world Mod - jarrasic park

Really like this,something different to play, and i dont think it's a one hit wonder either, as can get lots of fun out of it.

Had a pack of raptors and a pack of t-rex's V's a squad of infantry and suffice to say the dinosaurs had a good meal, as they are either too small and quick to hit, or too big to take down in less than a mag. Very fun pistols.gif

Some problems, (had a dinosaur firing a shotgun, and tourist jeep was all white inside), but very good for a BETA.

Nice work! Really nice work it looks faboulus. This reminds me of my time as a little child an my huge collection of JP stuff ... lol. Good old times wink_o.gif . Nevertheless i experienced a lot of problems with my resource if i played with some units in it.

I put a firem team and a enemy squad in a jungle area, and suddenly my fps goes really down. Don´t know whit which hardware you tested it. Therefore i had a look into the objects (Plants). You could get better performance with working on the lods.

but however yay.gifthumbs-up.gif

Not bad at all, for some reason I couldn't run it under the most recent ECP though confused_o.gif

Still, you guys have done a very good job and this beta is worthy of being played. The island looks beautiful, especially with the added cliffs. It adds something rarely seen especially in OFP.

Good to see you're progressing with the rest of the mod. Can't wait to see more smile_o.gif

Sweet. Can anyone make some coop missions so I can kill some dinosaurs with my friends?

I'm making one right now, but I'm sidetracked by the awesome weapons.

Great work guys.

Also, why isn't there a thread on this in the completed mods subforum?

I just downloaded the MOD, but the missions download doesn't work! Where can I find the missions??? Thanks.

about the white tourjeep.. that's because we released it quickly for the beta... also an other member is working on the final version but it's going slow so...

and i know the compsognathus shoots..must be a lil flaw in the config

also there are lots of people having trouble to run it, it worked for me.. but im clean, don't have other addons or mods.. so it must have something to do with compatebility

Humvee

hmm i put a east dino down and me as a west player and they dont attack sad_o.gif i read the read me but it dosent mention any thing other then how to set up shortcut to the mod.

also when i start the mod up i get a 'vaule not an array' error

Congratulations.

You've done a very good job on this mod!

I really like it, although there are a few issues:

I also get the error message "value not an array" when starting OFP.

Then I'm missing a detailed readme to explain the features of your mod.

Oh, and btw, I have a bit trouble with the example mission...

I just can't get power on to open the gate... I switched everything on, but nothing.

Is this caused by the GUI not working?

Nevertheless, very good work.

Swordsman

hmm i put a east dino down and me as a west player and they dont attack sad_o.gif i read the read me but it dosent mention any thing other then how to set up shortcut to the mod.

Did you use the example mission with the triggers in it which make the Dinos attack? Not sure which one it is, but without merging that into a new mission ,or just playing on that one, dinos wont attack.

Quote[/b] ]and i know the compsognathus shoots..must be a lil flaw in the config

I think it was a Stegosaurs on West side. Picked up a shotgun and started shooting. I think he was just shooting upwards, into air though, and only did it as a player. I noticed that compso did start shooting bullets though, but doesn't really matter, better than no attack at all.

Did you use the example mission with the triggers in it which make the Dinos attack? Not sure which one it is, but without merging that into a new mission ,or just playing on that one, dinos wont attack.

ah i didnt download the mission pack thingy i thought it was optional. Ill have to have a look. althou i notice they attack you when there placed in groups (the leader stands still but rest attack you) without any triggers or any thing

Thank you all for your great response. Way beter than I thought.

To get the dinos to attack use

Defaltriggers.jpintro

Dont worry I will make new missions to make it clear.

but for now This is how it works:

-The west is added to "herd" and "sherd".

-"herd" and "sherd" are hunted by "hunterlist"

-So

-put your self under west.

And the "value not an array" is the Dryosaur although I dont know what is really wrong with the config.

The gate is broken I sent the wrong version of JPBuild addon. I will update the whole thing soon. I will use a patch.

Srry I din't notice the compsognathus shoots.

This mod is fun and if you want to make it tougher I used PC_Tiger in the mix you talking about having to run for your lives Great job with this mod,Keep up with the GREAT work.

Yeah, and that sample/demo island has a really different feeling to it.  I really like the rock cliffs that are good for sniping.  The ground textures and the way the greenery is clumped together in certain areas makes it look very realistic.

Heh, it surprised me when the little dinosaurs jumped at me.  I only had one of each, so they ignored me until I got close to them.  Now I know how to make them attack better.  Will the meat-eaters go after the plant-eaters?

Will there be any flying dinosaurs or giant dragonflies (like in that one Ringo Starr movie)?

And I didn't see raptors or T-Rex's in the list of available units...

And will they make noises?

we already have a flying dinosaur but i didn't include it in the beta, same with the trex. we don't have raptors yet though but soon. and if u downloaded the missions on our site u can see that the meateaters will hunt but the site is down atm so be patient

and yes all dinosaurs will have their own typical sound

greets

Yeah I can't wait to be eaten by a Trex...then make an Ingen apache and kill the dino in a smack or two lol.

good stuff I really love it as an old JP lover! the missing textures inside the tour car just bug me a little.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I've been fooling around with JP stuff for the first time today. Fences, plants, bushes models, etc... pretty much most of the stuff need "canocclude=0" named property to be set in O2. This will prevent the objects behind them from "temporary disappearing"... hope you know what I mean. wink_o.gif

I found that if I ran towards either side of the JP Tour Wagon I would run in full standing position underneath it to the other side.

Can you see a "Rich-Man's Dino-Hunting Safari" mission?

I added those four triggers minus the "safezone" trigger and saw those mini-T-rex type dinosaurs come over a ridge and quickly close in.  I had to rapid-fire my M14 with Aimpoint.  I only dropped 3 out of the 6 and then they ate me.  After they ate me, they ate the last remaining veggie-eating dinosaur.

This coupled with the StarGate mod would make a nice team-up.

But the potential for cooperative missions using this mod is HUGE!

You've got to make some civilian characters that try to run AWAY from the dinosaurs (set flee=1?) and will keep using any vehicles they can find to get away.