Sign in to follow this  
Evil_Clown

Wasteland RELEASED!! wOOT!

I will definately have to try this island. It looks good and I want to try this mission Landwarrior87 is tlaking about making biggrin_o.gif.

omg, a minicampaign, on my map? Cool. biggrin_o.gif

and with those great idéas i reckon you need a better map huh? keep an eye on ofpinfo.cz i released my second alpha minutes ago, now its up to how fast they put it out smile_o.gif

you´ll se great changes compared to the other release.

i ran out of idéas a couple of hours ago, thass why i released it.

im working on my other map, called "Halmstad" - its my hometown, its not that big now, but my neighbourhood is starting to take shape.. im trying to make it as real as possible, but its kinda hard duo the limitations of evelations and stuff.. roads is a big problem too.. but you people that dont livein halmstad will probably not think of those problems as you arent familiar with the town..

check these images:

[im]http://img22.exs.cx/img22/9892/over9uy.jpg[/img]>100kb

this bellow shows a view of the backallyes from an apartment.

backally7nh.jpg

*Chants*DYNAMIC MISSION DYNAMIC MISSION DYNAMIC MISSION DYNAMIC MISSION

Those are all that matter now.

hmm dynamic mission? im thinking, multiplayer, 5-10 people, all start off in different locations, different locations produce different recourses (food, building material, oil) players need all of these to survive, build things like vehicles, defences and weapons, and oil for fule. players have the option to either fight amongst each other or unite with each other. and how about some random AI bandit attacks thrown in for good messure.

Sounds good biggrin_o.gif

Might make a mission like this, when i find some time.

Just downloaded the latest update, very good biggrin_o.gif

this island is becoming better and better smile_o.gif

i know its in alpha stage but i have 2 issues with latest release:

1-at the harbour, i have 2 areas near water where the coast ends in a light blue area.

2-In mission editor, if i press textures button i almost always get a CTD...

Quote[/b] ]hmm dynamic mission? im thinking, multiplayer, 5-10 people, all start off in different locations, different locations produce different recourses (food, building material, oil) players need all of these to survive, build things like vehicles, defences and weapons, and oil for fule. players have the option to either fight amongst each other or unite with each other. and how about some random AI bandit attacks thrown in for good messure.

Sounds good

Might make a mission like this, when i find some time.

Just downloaded the latest update, very good

YES.

Quote[/b] ]and how about some random AI bandit attacks thrown in for good messure.

YES INDEED!

i get this with any island utilizeing BAS isel textures.

Solution: zoom allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll *deep breath* lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way in to any givin area... then "show textures" then zoom back out.

solves that problem for me

ok i tested. and im glad it didnt overwrite the orginal.

no offense freind but i liked the first version better.

smaller = faster loading

and it didnt require 130 megs of "newland"

speaking of newland my computer nearly commited suicide when i went to see that thing in the editor crazy_o.gif

(yes i know he didnt make newland)

anyway i liked your first version and ill continue to enjoy the first version for many moons smile_o.gif

was looking for large empty desolate wasteland for a mission to represent another planet and now ive found it thanks biggrin_o.gif

Heh, so they released my second alpha huh...

ah, im lazy, thats why i dont make islands as newland or tonal, i spend a day or two on an island, then i get bored..

and often i just come up with a small island, i mean, really small, for an idea i have for a mission, it could be a strip of a battlefront, were all is gray and rainy, and metalspikes evrywhere... and its true avout the loadingtime, lesser loadingtime , smaller map, and then, you can insert more units than you could on ie newland... i dont have a killer pc, so thats why i do kinda limited islands, i hate to play a really fun scenraio and the all starts to lag...

But, thx for all kind words.

another thing i really is pissed on when it comes to island editing in ofp, is when i am making bigger towns, hell -ofp is a military simulator played in the god damn countryside, thats why noone has made a good city map, its just impossible, the game isnt made for it. and thats a shame, i would really want to make a really nice town, with highways who decent over ground and subways.. But no.. i guess im gonna have to wait for that until stalker, or ofp2 comes out.

But,. if you have any interesting idéa you would like to see in a map, tell me, i wont steal it, im just so damn out of imgaination right now, i need idéas!! crazy_o.gif

And about the crashing to desktop prob, i belive that i didnt put water textures on sum places, or any textures at all, the light blue color is "notexture" stuff, you can walk on air there. :P

think i added textures in the second release.--

-.-

Hmm i think a perfect zombie map would be enclosed tight spaces?

Any way, yea i noticed a few ares of land that where white, with no textures. Ideas for more islands? hmm how about a nice medium - small sized island with a good few cramp and enclosed towns, also with a good few mountain and other natural choke points. perfect for a zombie mission or CQB missions? biggrin_o.gif

I was thinking of making my own island, but couldnt find any decent tutorials that told me how to rais and lower land crazy_o.gif i know how to texture, and i tired raising the landscape but when i go to veiw it its just water and a big square hole in the middle where my land should be mad_o.gif im using wrpedit btw.

Hmm, maybee it would be fun to work for a mod, anybody who knows of a mod who needs islandbuilders?

Murphy, use wrptool , i never used wrpedit, edit is for faggots and queers only  biggrin_o.gif

mad_o.gif

and suddenly the respect level for you drops drasticly

Very common problem. Somewhere on your island there is prolly a bad transistor texture or one in a different size.

Murphy, use wrptool , i never used wrpedit, edit is for faggots and queers only biggrin_o.gif

Evil_Clown, flaming other members and using such juvenile and offensive insults is not appropraite for these forums.

Consider yourself lucky you already chose to delete the comments - next time will be a Post Restriction and Warning Level increase.

I realise your comments probably weren't meant in a malicious way, but please try to phrase yourself a little more tactfully, so as not to accidentally offend other forum members. wink_o.gif

Evil_Clown any progress with island? Did you fix CTD bug?

this whats new, i havent changed anything in the wastelandmap, got bored and started school this monday, plus i have a job on the side so i can only make islands in the weekends, anyhow, havent made much since monday... but i made a rather cool zombiemap in sunday, tell me if you want it people, and is thre a site were you can host files, as the imageschack?

but remember, the island is small, small small.. and i made it only for playing a couple of mp games with a friend, it needs tonal and ags addons, nothing more like wasteland and all that, and it was designed to be as compact as possible, the town has really narrow allyes and compact backyards, perfekt for zombies wich i hope will grant me to work for them... tounge_o.gif

Any how.. . the map is good for putting out much more units than you can otherwise on any other map, and my mp missions are in deep fog when played, so stuff 500m from town doesnt exists because i didnt think it was neccesary..

and if you want the map, you will get the mp missions for free wink_o.gif

sounds good biggrin_o.gif hope you find some where to host it. I was thinkinh making my own zombie map soon, after my wasteland style map tounge_o.gif (see addon disscusions)