Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Semper Fidelis

No I ment I wanted the textures to be similar to COMBAT's or maybe even the same..... SO they don't look wierd together... The only differences would be the USMC enhancements made to the HMMWV's And yes, I have DL'ed his first pack and I was quite impressed. Only problem was MCAR's MP compatibility.... IE: there would be a missile lanched for each player in the mission rather than 1 global missile.

I´ll do my stuff and i´m not CBT, so you have to take it or leave it.

Yes! I think the same way! And FischKopp was the first one, who has released HMMWVs. And the textures of his work are very good.

Announcement:

I expect to release the LAV´s and the CH-53 in 1-2 months with some more things. Please don´t start crying and asking why not yet.

Maybe later you will see the reason.

Announcement:

I expect to release the LAV´s and the CH-53 in 1-2 months with some more things. Please don´t start crying and asking why not yet.

Any ETA for AV8B?

Well I didn't mean to offend you with what I said, I only ment it as constructive criticism.... I was just saying the i'd like the 2 HMMWV packs to look similar so If I use HYK inf as reg US Army troops and the CBT HMMWV pack for their transportation, they would fit in well with the MARPAT marines and the HMMWV's you're working on, IE both of the packs would have similarities so that they could be used together.... I miss not having an AVENGER HMMWV in the CBT pack and I miss not having to be able to use these units together... Becasue on our server its either one or the other... not both. If they looked about the same except with the USMC details on them then we could use them.

Announcement:

Asking for why not yet? crazy_o.gif My god, when I read that it will be released two months from now I had to pick up my jaw from the floor and clean all the drool on my desk smile_o.gif

I'm not asking "who not yet", I'm just shouting "hell, that's good news" biggrin_o.gif

Keep it up!!

Take your time man, the true Addon lovers will wait as long as it takes without a word. wink_o.gif

Announcement:

Any ETA for AV8B?

wink_o.gif

Hi, i hope that the work goes well FK, a few time ago a man released a UH1-N; there's some intention by the USMC Addon Studio of make a UH1-N or UH1-Y?, and/or a CH46-D Sea Kinght?,

and/or a AH1-W/AH1-X? u know... in the current 2 grey tones scheme or in the 1991 Euro Camo pattern?. Im tired of fly in the BAS HH60's and i'll preffer to do it in UH1's N.

And will be very very good to have the UH1-N and CH46-D that we could seen months ago in the USMC Mod site; in the screenshots section. Sorry if i insist too much in this question. Let's cu.

I don´t want reveal something but, we ... or better for the moment ... I will now concentred on USMC ground force. Sure i will use allready made stuff (Choppers), but i want to do at first the goundforces. OFP is more a grounf force simulation. That mean you have to wait, for the next Choppers by me ...

But I would be happy if finally somebody help me with modelling ...

unclesam.gif

Hi, im not a modeler FK... if don't i'll be very glad of help u; im a texturer/re-texturer but looks like that that place it's well covered for what we could seen in the screenshots. I'll wait, but what i seen months ago looked great even when they wasn't unfinished, almost... ready for a Beta >>;-) . But true, ground forces 1St, that's the focus of the OFP, foot units.

P.D: I loved to check the 3 screenshots of that UH1-N & the CH46-D they looked great. Let's cu.

Yes, I also think OFP is at it's best as a ground combat simulater. BUT!: small helicopters like the UH-1 and UH-60 and attack helicopters are part of this (actually the AH-64 is considered a cavalry weapon and not airforce). The bigger birds are often a pain in the ass to fly and are not as usefull as the smaller ones, but can be great fun in missions.

Planes and boats are the two things I hate in OFP. With the exception of small slow planes (like the AV-8B wink_o.gif ) of course. Fast attack planes just suck in OFP.

So in short; I'm gonna love everything you're gonna release, because it has nothing that I hate. The USMC simply doesn't have that stuff in RL tounge_o.gif

@Wipman;

Sad to see this. FK is a very good and talented texture-artist who can be named in one breath with Marfy the texture-god. But NZXShadows was working on the AAV7 a while ago and he really needed a good texturer beack than. But I believe he now joined the CBT mod and those have good texture-artist.

Hi, u mean Frostbite, that the right place where i should go to cry it's the CBT Addons tread or directly to NZXShadows?, anyway... when i said "texturer place well covered" what i was meaning was; that FK has textured those MH53's, the LAV's and the Hummers, so well... that i couldn't get to make anything closer. They look great, they'r great.

Hi, u mean Frostbite, that the right place where i should go to cry it's the CBT Addons tread or directly to NZXShadows?, anyway... when i said "texturer place well covered" what i was meaning was; that FK has textured those MH53's, the LAV's and the Hummers, so well... that i couldn't get to make anything closer. They look great, they'r great.

No I mean this; where were you when you were needed? wink_o.gif

Now you're offering your texture-skills, but they are not needed anymore (afaik, but perhaps FK can use you)

@Cpt. Frostbite: about helicopters ... I know they part of the ground force, i should now it cos i was teached in that on military school. But i meant with this, what do you want to do with a ll this chopper without the correct ground forces.

so ...

@Cpt. Frostbite: about helicopters ... I know they part of the ground force, i should now it cos i was teached in that on military school. But i meant with this, what do you want to do with a ll this chopper without the correct ground forces.

so ...

Military school? Do you still have conscription?

But you're right of course. But I just wanted to say that we shouldn't forget the helicopters when talking about this ground war. Helicopters are very important for the transport of soldiers these days and a big part of the fun in OFP is the helicopter.

And I'll never forget a mission I did where I was pinned down, half my squad turned into swiss chees and suddendly when everything seemed lost an AH-64 appeared on the horizon and was coming to my rescue. I knew it was coming, because I made the mission, but still it was a hell of a sight since this was in the first few days I had the game.

About choppers and the need for ground forces;

this is why the Russians disiged the Mi-24 to be a flying tank with a cargo-bay. The idea is that the chopper can conquer the area, but only ground forces can hold it. So the chopper is able to take 8 soldiers with him and drop them to hold the area.

Abrams_01.jpg

... i got bored and worked on some old model. Also i want to keep your attention  tounge_o.gif  ...

yeap, good one. Now some great USMC textures and great!

BTW: does USMC still use M60A3's or have they gone full with M1's? smile_o.gif

AFAIK since GW I the M60A3 is not used anymore. Now they use the M1A1 (HA or HC).

Some pics. Buldozer pics with proxys.

Status: M1116 and Avenger left and the woodland tex for them.

M1037 HMMWV Shelter Carrier

hummer01.jpg

M1114 HMMWV with M2 HMG

hummer02.jpg

M1114 HMMWV with Mk. 19

hummer03.jpg

M1043 HMMWV military police with M240G

hummer04.jpg

M1043 HMMWV with TOW2

hummer05.jpg

M997 HMMWV maxi ambulance

hummer06.jpg

M1025 HMMWV with protection shield and M240G

PLEAS NO QUESTIONS ABOUT CH-53. I WILL NOT REPLY ON THAT.