Sign in to follow this  
mr.bean

iam back

so boys, look here. some of you know that i was the last time not at work on ofp.

but since a few weeks im back in the island editing.

my new projekt is an "update" of the sandy rocks island. someone would say: OMG not an update of that shit smile_o.gif.

so what is new?

-some of the textures

-an second "small" island, with many nice places

but there is a space which is not used at the time, so you can tell me what you want to see there.

two thinks will not be possible, an second airport and a big town.

so enough words, here a few pics!

insel.jpg

insel1.jpg

insel2.jpg

insel3.jpg

Looks good. I suggest checking out CAT's Afghan Island (check ofp.info) and using some textures objects from it if this is a desert island wink_o.gif. Great start though biggrin_o.gif!

All look good but it would be nice to have some sand on some parts of the road not covering the whole road but som parts of it would make your island look 10 times better wink_o.gif

Looks good. It´s not the biggest, thats for sure. But for some spec ops missions this is perfect. biggrin_o.gif

And for the free space wich is not be used by now, I would say an refuling station or something like that could fit in here. Bigger things like bases would not fit. Maybe a control post with gate? Where is the location of that place? rock.gif

Could remove the wrecked city because it's ugly.

And make the base smaller and then add some control posts and fuel stations and a port.

All look good but it would be nice to have some sand on some parts of the road not covering the whole road but som parts of it would make your island look 10 times better wink_o.gif

yes, that would be nice, but how can i edit a road.

btw how edit it in a way that the road is after a editing an road again. for the ai.

do you know what i mean? crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

yes, that would be nice, but how can i edit a road.

btw how edit it in a way that the road is after a editing an road again. for the ai.

do you know what i mean?  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

You can open the road texture in photoshop and if you are good with textures you can change it wink_o.gif

make some dirt patches and place them across the road and other places instead of playing with the road. Gives a lot more potential variation. That would work just like the crater models.

does nobody know how to make a new r

if i make a sandy road, then i would make new parts. which i replace with old parts in the roads.

but the road have to work, like the normal roads.

The FDF Island Al Maldajah has desert roads. Check that out.

Maybe you can get permission to use them. rock.gif

is here nobody how can teach me, how to build a new road?

some mans from a mod or something else.

I have never build a island if I knew how I would glad to help you.

I suggest to ask someone who has build some islands wink_o.gif

i dont know how to make roads

but the island looks good

but as someone already said, remove the wrecked city

doesnt fit in the map.

Check out cat afghanistan !

the best Dessert map there is , you could get a lot of things from that map smile_o.gif .

The houses are also good from CAT, tippical eastern buildings.

and make sure the terrain aint flat, like in CAT , put allot of elevation in the terrain.

and the open space, i dont have an idea for that....

but i dont think a base,or fueldump is good....

I don't know how to make a new road but I know how you could replace one... I think. Use something with this kind of idea to it only use road p3ds instead of the forest ones.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ReplaceObjects

{

class Forest1Triangle

{

replace="O\Tree\les_nw_trojuhelnik.p3d";

with[]={"O\Tree\les_nw_trojuhelnik.p3d"};

};

};

So I guess it would look something similar to this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ReplaceObjects

{

class road???

{

replace="O\road\asf25.p3d";

with[]={"O\road\ces25.p3d"};

};

}; Im not sure about the class but I believe that would change the narrow gravel looking road with the dirt road.

Might come in handy at some point.

*raises hand*

Can't you just open it in notepad and replace "O\road\asf25.p3d" with "O\road\ces25.p3d" ? rock.gif .

very easy to rip out the addons from a mission ( replace JAM_M4 by M16 for instance)

you could also use wrptool's "replace objects" function to do the same thing

yes i know what you mean, and i know how to do it too ;)

but don`t you think a island with more then the half with ces roads looks a bit bad?

another question is does sombody know an nice birdge (wooden). for exaplme the bas tonal bridge, but i dont want to use bas stuff. crazy_o.gifwink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

but im not sure, if i can use a other bridge, because bridges are not an easy part like an road or an other objekt.

so at this time my plan for the free space, is to build a small base and a small village like that on sandy rocks. but there is space left. in the north of the island.

so i think to link points like a village and the small base i cant use the ces road.

why do you think the wrecked village is bad? i think it fits, because i should be wrecked not civil. like on the cat island.

futhermore wait for the release. i think there are enough nice points on the island ;)

so boys,

a few days ago i released a two new pics on ofpc.de.

all in all is the island 99% done, i only wait for an ok for an addon. i think the release isn't far away, one or two weeks.

the features now:

-reworked airport on old sandy rocks

-many pleaces for your missions (8 or 9, i dont really know smile_o.gif)

--- a small mine

--- a base

--- a small green village

--- small pleaces around the island (like on the first pic)

--- a textur pbo, which includes all textures a afew not used more. so could be an texture pack for your island.

so on, wait for the release and look by yourself ;)

forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

i have an problem with the cutscene.

is it possible to put the cutscene into the pbo file?

because i hate the folders in the addon dir.

DOnt think thats possible.

Btw can we see more pics? The first ones dont work for me sad_o.gif

I don`t think that it is possible to put an cutscene in the pbo.

All cutscenes released until now must be placed in the addons or res\addons dir.

why does the pic don't work for you?

ok i help where i can smile_o.gif here a other pic which i can offer smile_o.gif

forum3.jpg

if the pics don't work for you ;) look here .... ofpc news ;)

but please help if you know how put a cutscene into a pbo.

Have you tried? I would test something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cutscenes[]={"myIsland\myIsland_anim\intro"};

Have you tried? I would test something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cutscenes[]={"myIsland\myIsland_anim\intro"};

no that dont work. not with sandy_rocks.pbo or sandy_rocks.

hmm... but the cause because i think it have to work are the bis islands. where are the cutscenes of thats islands?