Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Man, sounds too good to be true! Is this really the game BIS released 4 years ago?

I'm not really surprised of the 20 000 downloads, almost everyone has downloaded this mod, if not else, but just because they're curious.

...and then they have been happy that they downloaded it.

Thanks guys.

Well...as v. 1.2 is nearing release, I'm calling to all of you, if you have any addons you'd like to see released with it, let us know (like we recently received ships and islands we didn't even know people were making...)

Regards to all, and thanks for all support so far.

How about you add a rebel yell into the trigger menu? You know, we already have Bull run so... tounge2.gif

Nahh just give me that gatling and lots of yanks to shoot at, preferably cavalry so I can shoot their horses first, and I'm happy.

Hows that jamming script to the Gatling you promised by the way?

Ummm...but rebels didn't have any Gatlings.

Gotta make a mission where you have to work real hard to capture one, then turn it around and shoot yanks with if you want wink_o.gif

Give me an Enfield and some ammo. The battle is over before it starts.

Then you're lucky.

Tsalagikola says he never survives pistols.gif

Ammo Caissons,

Ambulance.

dead bodies as objects...(this is quite important for me as objects will lag the game less han putting on a dead soldier I think?

@Quag

Ammo is available in ammo wagons.

Caissons are just for artillery.

There is a medic tent object that heals the wounded...

ProfT also made a stretcher unit that carries the wounded off the battlefield...

@Mr.Cheese

It works in MP. Tsalagikola made a bunch of MP missions.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Ok thanks but will there be a mobile version of the ammo wagon..

I like the look of the stretchers that were done.

hey there, im kinda new here even though ive had opfp since it was released. I just recently (as in about 3 months ago) started playing it again and reinstalled all of the Addons and Mods I had and of course that included CWmod. While I was at it I went ahead and updated CWM to 1.1 and ive been running into the error that some others are talking about with the ammo in multiplayer. But what I found was odd was that the union calvary rifle (spencer or sharps...i keep getting them mixed up) had ammo. 7 in gun and i think...3 mags or something (im at school so i cant check). But anyway, what im getting at and maybe what Mr. Cheese was talking about as well, what exactly do you need to correct this problem. I went back...50 or so pages (ehh  crazy_o.gif ) and I found a post from Pickett and some others but it involved some sort of script that i guess i didnt have. so i tried just typing it raw into the Init code of a soldier and it didnt work.

I think your mod is awesome but I just wanted to get this fixed so Ill be able to play LAN with everyone around here. Thks, keep up the good work.

Dieman

The spencer is a reapeating rifle and can hold 7 rounds in it though they are hand loaded, its a predecessor of the famous winchester type rifles you see in alot of cowboy films, if that helps your question about that I don't know about ammo problems, the only one I get is if you attach bayonets you need to hit space again to use your rifle.

noo noo noo i know the repeater works fine im talking about Multiplayer where the musket has no ammo, just a melee attack, even if you press spacebar. It appears to be a bug with either the briefing removing ammo (?) or the ammunition pack has a bug in it

@Quag

Ammo is available in ammo wagons.

Caissons are just for artillery.

There is a medic tent object that heals the wounded...

ProfT also made a stretcher unit that carries the wounded off the battlefield...

@Mr.Cheese

It works in MP. Tsalagikola made a bunch of MP missions.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Does it need config/anim replacement on the server to work properly?

Does it need config/anim replacement on the server to work properly?

Are you talking about the No-Ammo thing too Cheese?

I got around the problem by adding this line in the "Players"

INIT    [this] exec "ammomusket.sqs"    this includes all units in the players group If I remember right.

here's the script ammomusket.sqs...................

----------------------------------------------

_troop = _this select 0

#loop

~1

_totalAmmo = Count Magazines _troop

? _totalAmmo >59 : exit

_troop addmagazine "Musketmag"

goto "loop"

--------------------------------------------------------

hope this fixes the problem.

bigus

hey that helps tons- but i completely forget how to get to the scripting to put that in, where/how do i write it

thks again

Here is a little movie I made in the missions. I used an old Attack and Defence script, what it does the enemy can be killed and be dead for 30 seconds then respawn 150 meters away and come at you again and they start in a big circle and attack you from all sides but in the missions you can win but you just can't walk in just like you are in a park, you have to fight your way in and hold your postion for about 30 seconds. The script can be changed in many ways. It can be set for different distance for respawn and from 1 to 1000 attacking men.ATTACK AND DEFENCE SCRIPT It takes alittle time to load.

Well here it is The U.S.S Monitor.....

started by Safari and finished by Bigus_dikus.

It will be released soon  but it is done.

pic4.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic2.jpg

bigus

Wicked but I'd make the textures darker, almost black!

You may have seen it in the Scripting section, but I've been working on a line-battle script. Not really sure if there's already one out, but basically, this allows you to command a traditional line formation in Civil War era combat.

You can give the commands to fall into the formation, which is a tightly packed line, raise weapons, fire (almost simultaneous, looks cool as hell), cease fire, attach bayonets/charge. The units under your command cannot move or go prone while in this line formation, so it's pretty realistic. It definately makes for some fun and authentic battles that these Civil War addons need.

It's finished so far, and at this point I'm tweaking and optimizing everything. I also plan on making one for AI squads, so they can line up and fire simultaneously like the player's squad can.

Here's a quick preview of it:

Note: This was taken while reloading, as you can still see the smoke. They don't fire while kneeling - only while standing.

preview9gp.jpg

preview25jr.jpg

Union infantry repulse a Confederate attack.

preview6qc.jpg

I've made a couple important changes, and it's coming along nicely. It should be finished in a day or two. I have military obligations this weekend (US Army Infantry) but by Monday it should be finished.

It will be released as part of the Civil War Mod's next update, which I'm sure will be awesome as hell like always smile_o.gif