Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Hello fellas,

Just returned from BCT last sunday. Just figured i'd check in with yall, not that anyone cares, but what the hell.

PFC Combat-Agent

Hey!

Welcome back dude!

Glad to see you didn't shoot yourself in the foot yet. nener.gif

Up for some mod work again?

Im not sure at the moment. I need to get caught up with every thing being about 10 weeks behind in everything. But Ill tell ya what, if anything needs tested or anything of that nature just drop me a mail.

Haven't bailed, just busy with work like hell, that's all...

I was already getting scared! Then I realised that this mod has been up for so long, it's not gonna stop for a while. Maybe if Triglav's computer cannot run OFP2? No, that'll just delay things a bit tounge2.gif

thumbs-up.gif Thumbs up! thumbs-up.gif

To let ya'll know during the hurricane we  heard from Biloxi. a buddy, who lives there

says Beauvoir maybe totally destroyed. They don't know about the

Presidential library.

My Webpage

here's a mission I've been working on for some time now.

Its an alternate too Picketts excellent mission in his

campaign. This time your the yanks defending Mcpherson

Ridge. A defensive mission was surprisingly tough to do

but it might work.(......then again maybe not). whistle.gif

let me know how it is or if there are any bugs or any

suggestions.

bigus

You know I will have to play it By the way I thought you knew I have a page on the second website for your stuff all you have to do is email it to me an I am happy to host it.

Ya I've actually redone alot of the old missions to reduce lag

and to fix some bugs I never knew were there

plus added some stuff to the bullrun map. maybe I'll look

through them again and send you a new mission pack.

btw... I thought your new page was quite good. Made for

some interesting reading.

bigus

Just realised that ~3 months and we can celeberate the CWMOD:s first release's 1 year anniversary.

...using the nice vers. 2.0 of the mod. *draws the Remmy and cocks the hammer* Rright?

Btw nice site. The Bonnie Blue Flag, ain't it? Fits pretty nicely the blue-ish theme of the pages.

Ummm...

*looking for a quick escape*

...yea, right...of course...ugh...It'll be ready before 3 months....definitely...

Man I hate when I F$ck up!

ok ................................

the timer for the objectives in the McPHerson

mission have been changed.

the triggers now force you to go to the

suttlers wagon before the timer will start to

count down. Although some people would normally

go there anyway to rally, it was possible to trigger the

timer and go anywhere on the map. this was not what I

intended so it has been changed.

Tsal maybe I'll E-mail you the update so you can post it

since your link is better than rapidshare if thats ok with you.

I think I'll have a few beers this weekend and play it some

more though to see if I can see any other bugs.

bigus

Hey!

I am wondering if anyone in here knows how that program language for 'em scripts work? I did spend the last few days playing around to get a 2 ranks deep line formation (12 soldiers - it is actually possipble to have 'em shooting that way without them killing groupmembers!wink_o.gif, and a collum formation with the commanding leader marching abrest to the 2 collums of following soldiers. For that I only tweaked an existing script (got it out from one of the existing missions where the confederate soldiers storm a stonewall where federal troops "hide") so the actual credits for those should go to that guy. But what I'm unalbe of is to make the battle formation do the following thing: the first row should drop to one knee when the enemy is in range, the second row should wait a few seconds and then also lower the guns and take aim, then shoot - and after reloading the whole thing should start anew - fist row drop and aim, second row take aim, fire... and so on. (and also there could be a second script where all rows remain standing while shooting and reloading). and another thing bugs me: they should stay where they are (eg: no turning around and stuff - because if they do they always fu** up the formation and look like fools!wink_o.gif Is there any way to do that - or better Is there anyone who is a genius and able to do such a thing?

Hope reinforcements and desired help are somewhere out there...

Thank you,

Longstreet

CSA

Prof TOurnels the Man to Talk too I believe , this is the Same Problem I have had...

Dunno about formations man...

ProfT's scripts did some magic, but it is still a field to explore.

But for the meanwhile, here is a progress report...

Cavalry is getting done. Coming along nicely.

Here's some retexturing and reworking of the muskets. As you see the main gun of the early part of the war, the 1842 Smoothbore has been added to our collection...

RecentMuskets.jpg

Here's a shot of some Confederates...Some ragged Westerners from Arkansas and Texas, then a Florida man, a Marylander, summer (un)dress and an early war Virginian. All armed with appropriate weapons (Smoothbores, Enfields and Mississippi rifles).

RecentRebels.jpg

Here's an addition for the Union side. A German volunteer Yaeger, a volunteer of 16th NY, black volunteers and an early war Minnesotan.

RecentYankees.jpg

...this should add some more variety to the battlefield.

We're hard at work to get things done as soon as possible.

@FHP

Always. I have Irishmen planned in the next couple of days. Any good pics of the uniforms (if they had any individual detail) is welcome.

@Canadian

No blood textures currently, no. Maybe if we get "wounded" concept and animations set up they could make sense...

@Bigus

As always...it's released when it's done.

I hope in about a month, but if there's more to do, then more...

Cavalry is our main focus right now.

It is set up in somesort of a way, that the saddle is the vehicle, the horse is the driver and the rider is the gunner...but not entirely.

In enemy fire, the horse can get shot, while the rider jumps off unharmed, or the rider gets killed, but the horse is unharmed. A rider without a horse can also find a horse without a rider and mount it...

The horse therefore has a cycle of animations for each leg for running, which makes it look pretty fun.

The Irish Brigade have Different flag Green with gold harp of Erin

and the only major uniform difference is they went into battle with aSprig of Miseltoe in their hat (I think its Misletoe.)

On another thought A man in the Union Overcoat (Big Ligt blue coat with mantle. and Kepi would be very useful.. For Sentries etc

but so many were coveted by teConfederates etc that Just changing the Kepi would give you a reb in one..

Does Progress on the Cav and horses mean working Waon etc Eventually?

Best wishes and Am Still enjoying the Mod.