Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Well, glad to see you back, guys, the campaign is very nice and clever, nice atmosphere. smile_o.gif

Glad to see few of my things bettered and released, too, like animated flagbearers, musicians, irregulars units and officers, and by the way, all of you guys should download the last version of spad's Napoleonic mod with lot's of units and countries represented, artillery with 4 servants, sword and pike used by AI and player without scripting, etc... xmas_o.gif

Have a look here

Cavalry will be in the next release, with modified pc horse and scripted attack for cavalrymen with sword and lancers. Just need a Waterloo map to make a campaign, but maybe someone who likes this period of time could help...

Thanks to ProfT and his ingenuity, and a wee little bit of my fiddling with things he made, CWMOD Addon Pack 1 (here packed separately) came out together with Pickett's Gettysburg Campaign Day 1.

Let's introduce the new features:

The most obvious ones are waving flags, and buglers and drummers (for both sides) that actually play according to formation commands.

UnionFlag1.jpgUnionFlag3.jpg

ConfFlag1.jpgConfFlag3.jpg

UnionBugle.jpgUnionDrum.jpg

Then we got some generals:

UnionBrigGen.jpgUnionLtCol.jpgConfGen.jpg

Some volunteer units (Penn. Bucktails, New York Highlanders, Ohio Volunteers):

UnionBuck.jpgUnionHigh.jpgUnionOhio.jpg

And some more Zouaves (Union Zouave Officer and Rebel McClellan's Zouaves):

UnionZouOff.jpgConfZouave3.jpg

You can view all the units in CWMOD so far on

this subsection of CWMOD website!

Gettysburg island has also been updated a bit by Pickett, by removing some fences to make formations pass easier, and with lesser compression making it lag less.

Most likely more stuff is to come along with next releases of Gettysburg Campaign.

"cannot create 3d device" error

I get it with all the addons except variousmen.pbo

any suggestions or help would be great?

btw I have read the faqs on the forums about my vid card

and everything works except cwflags2, gettysburg sad_o.gif

and cwbugler.pbo

bigus

Those drummers are great! But could it be possible to make the buglers play according to the commands too? Unfortunately, the drummers only play when on the move... Great for marching though, I created a little mission that also represents the guerilla movement during the war. Might release it if I get it finished, not easy to take down an Iron Brigade squad with revolvers and shotguns though wink_o.gif

But could it be possible to make the buglers play according to the commands too?

I think they do, but not if they're in there together with drummers.

Hello all, iv'e been following this mod for some time and i must say i'm enjoying it greatly. Thanks for all ur hard work to make this a truely different ofp experience and imo the most exciting mod to date.

I just DL the Sp Beta Campaign and i enjoyed 4 of the missions. Although the 4th mission "Sharpshooter" would not end? I managed to kill all the Union troops and still had 2 squad mates left. I disabled all the cannons and the General but the mission would not end. Still it was a good job overall.

Thanks again for a job well done!

jarvo9

Hi jarvo9.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

In order to end the mission, to have to retreat back into the woods where you started.

Just go some distance in a westerly direction and the endtrigger will kick in.

To everybody: Please keep posting such things, i will note them all and fix whatever i can.

Godspeed,

Pickett

Yep, i got the same prob as jarvo 9, the mission doesn't end...

About musicians :

-drummers drum when : marching, retreating, stop retreating with different sounds each time ;

- bugglers buggle when : their leader dies, retreating, stop retreating with different sounds each time ; if buglers bugle when walking, you'll turn crazy  crazy_o.gif , i first tried it and became mad...

@ dynamite cow : when do you want drummers to drum ? In fact, i would have like them to drum when groups are ordered to move for example (idem for the bugler) or ordered to do things, but it doesn't seem to be "scriptable". So i chose a simple solution, marching or retreating or stopping retreat cause it's easy to test through scripting.

Thank you Triglav and Civil War Mod for all the work done. Really impressive, one of my must-have mod wink_o.gif

I really felt scared and unsecure the first time I saw Union's infantrymen charging and stabbing to death with their bayonets a Confederate solider who hadn't the time to defend himself with his own weapon crazy_o.gif

As hand-to hand is particulary deadly, when fighting bayonet-armed enemies running towards me, I now use to... RUN AWAY... biggrin_o.gif

Thank you pickett for your campaign. Pretty well done, imaginative missions. I was currently playing the 4th mission before being blown apart by a cannon biggrin_o.gif

Here is a question I also ask inside Napoleonic mod's topic, as your mod is the basis for this mod.

Quote[/b] ]As horsemen used to carry/use sabre, carbine and pistol, I thought about something, without knowing if it was already written, thought about or even if it's possible. No without civil War mod through.

With OFP engine, 1.75+ patched, each soldier can carry and used 3 kinds of weapons : rifle/sub/MG, heavy weapon and pistol.

Couldn't it be possible in the future to create special animations that would allow each soldier to use rifle/lance as primary weapon, sabre as secondary weapons and pistol as hand weapon ?

Or rifle/lance as primary weapon, pistol as secondary weapons and sabre as hand weapon ?

This way, officers would be able to use pistol and sabre, cavalrymen sabre, rifle, even pistol, and infantry would be able to use their small sabre.

As particular anims can be implememted with a single .pbo, like ORCS's animation pbo, specific animations could be made for the flag bearer, officers, drummer and buggler.

If special anims could be created for a secondary weapon, in the case of sabre, could it be possible to have, for example, a slashing blow when standing and a piercing blow when "crounching" ?

Or two "rates of fire", one slash (faster and less damaging) and one piercing blow (need more time to prepare but being more damaging) with different animations ? Actually I fear it being rather impossible rock.gif

Thanx pickett, you were quite correct on the 4th mission ending. Although i did try retreating to that position before posting and it just didn't seem to end. It's allset now.

I wanted more after i finished though  wink_o.gif

BTW, i just saw a Civil War reinactment (in Lincoln, Rhode Island) on Sunday and i was able to appreciate it a bit more now. While i was there i saw something that i have never seen or even heard about (well maybe in a certain song)...anti-personel rockets of the era. They were the Grandfather of the todays rpg or rocket-propelled-grenades. I took a pic if anyone would like to see them. I think they would be very "do-able" for this mod! It would add an atmoshereic "Rockets red glare" to the Battlefield.

jarvo9

[When I click the download link, I get nothing but a page full of techno-babble codes! Whaaa...? ]

which website you downloading from?

Hey, I was just going to pop in here and tell yall that I played the missions in the MP mission pack (posted a while back) with my brother on LAN, and it was good fun. Very cool missions, so congrats to the author.

I was about to complain about the bugs we encountered in MP, but then I noticed a new version is up! I guess I'll have to download that one before I say anything. smile_o.gif

I think I know what he means with the techno-babble.

1. Try "Save target as"

2. Try using Internet Explorer and "Save target as"

Yesh, I noticed that too Prof. It would prolly be like the Napoleonic pack, I ALWAYS try to get the bagpipe men down as quickly as possible tounge_o.gif

Talking of the Napoleonic Pack, will the same cannon system be used for the new pack? (1.2 I guess?)

When I click the download link, I get nothing but a page full of techno-babble codes! Whaaa...?

My fault.

I screwed up download links.

Will fix it asap.

...And thaaaaank you! The trick about "Save Target as" worked quite well. wink_o.gif

Anyway, are there any way you could do like the Napoleoners, and make the bayonet/swordfighting work automatically? Oh, and when we're into that sort of stuff, how about making ProfTournesol's "Line" script work the same way, perhaps? rock.gif

@ SPQR : in fact, there are two way to use close combat weapons (sword, pike, bayonet, etc...) :

(1) through scripts (such as actual cwmod bayonet), and then you can script any attack you want, and so sword can be a secondary weapon, which looks more natural but that's quite laggy (because of a command in the script that constantly looks for "targets") ; what's not natural is that the attack is systematic, you cannot miss it or avoid it ;

(2) through modification of strike gun ability : that's what i did for Napoleonic mod (swords and pikes), and then the attack is more natural (you really do fight, by "clicking" on the target), but less systematic for AI ; but only primary weapons seem to have this ability (i never succeeded with secondary weapons, even if the anim of the strike gun is intended for secondary weapons).

@ Pickett : after ending of mission n°5, ofp crashed to desktop and said "Error in campaign structure" ?

@ Pickett : after ending of mission n°5, ofp crashed to desktop and said "Error in campaign structure" ?

Sorry folks, another typo.

I used two different description files (one with xCam and one without) , so that one escaped me.

Here is the updated campaign

Godspeed,

Pickett

I don't know if somebody made the suggestion inside the 60+ pages of the topic. If so, you are free to stab me to death  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Armed with a 1860 Colt Army revolver, binoculars (modern for now) and a sword (not functionable). As all OFP officers they make prime targets for the enemy.

Animations for pistols were not made as they are in O.pbo file, which is huge and would needlesly make the mod download huge. Perhaps we will subsitute LAW anims with pistol anims in the future and clasify the pistol as a LAW ... We'll see what the future brings.

It is not anymore necessary to modify the O.pbo file. Sanctuary created a single pbo modifying the pistol animations. currently modern, they should be modified according to the 19th century.

Pistol Animations V1.1 - Sanctuary

Direct download

SPQR-Pistol01.jpg

Default pistol animations

SPQR-Pistol02.jpg

Sanctuary pistol animations, inside Res/Addons folder

Execution platoon, shoot me at my command, but spare my face... (Joachim Murat) biggrin_o.gif

Bloody hell mate, that's excellent news!

Then we can have officers shooting like this:

0751.jpg

...any volunteers for the job, or will I have to pull out ol'OFPAnim and do it myself?

This is the pic I was looking for wink_o.gif

You can ask Sanctuary himself, maybe he could be interested.