Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Hello,

Well, now we've bugle sounds, need a bugler bugling...

That's what I did ! I've added a bugle to a cwman (well, it cannot be a weapon because of available weapons anims), and scripted it a little : when the group is fleeing, the guy stops and bugles retreat (binoc anim, don't see others to put the buggle at the guy's mouth) ; when the leader is dead, the guy bugles advance (Its a kind of "don't lose courage", but in fact, I'd like to script it when the leader orders to go to the next waypoint, but duno how to script that, any ideas ? Idem, how to script the "fall back into formation" leader order for bugle assembly ?)

Once this is improved (scripting things), there won't be any prob to script a drummer drumming (except drumming sounds which i haven't). wink_o.gif

one thing:

is it maybe possible to shorten the time of the reloading animation to the time they weapon needs to reload? i hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say!?!

one thing:

is it maybe possible to shorten the time of the reloading animation to the time they weapon needs to reload? i hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say!?!

It is a compromise anim, because anim time is not only defined by the length of the anim, but how much time OFP engine gives to reloading sequence. It is currently rather accurate (except for the shotgun).

Hey How do i add my own music to ofp, i have some good battle music for the CW mode, It might be british and french battle music but I am still looking for som U.s Music

i think that the smoke may be a little bit over the top, especially for the derrenger

I think the smoke is great and realistic. Well the derringer, yeah, wonder how the hell does that amount of smoke fit inside such a small gun.

And the cannons' smoke&fire is great too!

Ok...

SMOKE

This was talked about before, but as people don't READ I apparently have to say it again.

Smoke is NOT scripted to the gun!

Smoke is scripted to our MEN!

If a modern US soldier picks up a musket there will be NO smoke at all.

If a CW guy picks up a M-16 it will smoke like a musket.

Clear?

Therefore...whenever any projectile flies away from a CW soldier, the same puff of smoke appears. In the case of the shotgun as many buckshots fly away, many puffs appear at once. Size of the weapon does not matter. There is one smoke script for all the men.

My Webpage

ok this fixes the missing napoleon addon

for the oakridge mission.

i gotta apologize for the multiple downloads.

the mission was originally made for the beta

then i transfered it over for version 1.1

bigus

Ok...

SMOKE

This was talked about before, but as people don't READ I apparently have to say it again.

Smoke is NOT scripted to the gun!

Smoke is scripted to our MEN!

If a modern US soldier picks up a musket there will be NO smoke at all.

If a CW guy picks up a M-16 it will smoke like a musket.

Clear?

Therefore...whenever any projectile flies away from a CW soldier, the same puff of smoke appears. In the case of the shotgun as many buckshots fly away, many puffs appear at once. Size of the weapon does not matter. There is one smoke script for all the men.

I'll fix up the smoke script if you want me to wink_o.gif

As far as smoke goes, there was a lot of smoke at a civil war reanctment I went to so it seems fine.

As for volleys and formations, I am going to try to give that vehicle idea a go see if it works.

As far as smoke goes, there was a lot of smoke at a civil war reanctment I went to so it seems fine.

As for volleys and formations, I am going to try to give that vehicle idea a go see if it works.

Heck, all the smoke is one of the things I like about this mod. That and staying planted for the first part of the long reloading sequence. It really increases the 'pucker factor' when you fight! biggrin_o.gif

I'll fix up the smoke script if you want me to  wink_o.gif

Well...I don't think there's anything much wrong with it now. But if you'd like...have a go...

bigus_dikus look at the top right of every post, see the edit button? Please stop replying over and over again and instead edit your post when you do something wrong or want to update a URL, don't kill the thread smile_o.gif

Roger that Placebo!

Just learning how to post pics and zips.

kinda new too the whole thing

Had to learn the hard way

thanx for the tip!

I would be intersested to know what people

thought of the oakridge mission since it's the first

one i've done.

bigus

Quote[/b] ]I would be intersested to know what people

one i've done.

Well, it's nice. But it lags like hell on my rig smile_o.gif

I aint sure why but I put an addon in and I am sure the weapons became less accurate. I think it was MAAM that did it but I couldnt say. Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote[/b] ]I would be intersested to know what people

one i've done.

I thought it got repetitive playing by myself, but if i had 4 or 5 other actual players, it would probably be pretty damn fun, expecially for a lan party.

One thing I noticed, I happened to die once, and when i respawned, I didnt have any bullets.

I suppose i better explain the ammuntion system now to everyone. A soldier has 60 bullets and a pouch. Each bullet is a single bullet magazine. That means a soldier has 60 magazines of 1 bullet. The pouch is a magazine that is used by a rifle for melee, and also it keeps the ai from bitching about not have any ammo when their fully loaded. I think on multiplayer, a player automatically respawns with like a m16 or something like that, when you use your little respawn script, you need to make sure the pouch, a sufficient amount of bullets, and the bayonet are added along with the rifle. If there any questions about the ammo system feel free to ask.

Not wishing to read 42 pages...

Any thought on custom formations?

Squad of 12 could be front rank of six kneeling, rear rank of six standing with an NCO or Officer standing left rear.

Possible?

Loving the work btw, brings new play into the best game ever made (supported by an A+ community).

Lets hope for a ridable horse next...

That means a soldier has 60 magazines of 1 bullet. The pouch is a magazine that is used by a rifle for melee, and also it keeps the ai from bitching about not have any ammo when their fully loaded.

I've messed around with some missions in the editor, and I'm blown away by all your improvements. The new sounds really add something. This about the magazine is great, it used to frustrate me when my men kept calling for ammo. The new tents, gun stacks, etc. are fine eye candy. Again, I think the smoke is just right as it is, black powder guns smoke like you wouldn't believe! tounge_o.gif The new interface, changing the accents of the Confederates, the names, it's quality work all around!