Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Those that wish to learn more about the Zouaves we're making...

Read about these angry elves here:

www.zouave.org

Tried to email you and it Said your over your storage limit Bucket Man.

There are a couple of links in my sig that are good ways to share files temporarily smile_o.gif

OK...time for an update.

The camp objects seem to be pretty much done.

CWCampObjects.jpg

We have 3 different tents + the surgeon tent, the gun stack, a table, a sittable chair, a sittable foldable stool, a bucket, the box of army bread...that combined with some existing objects such as our suttlerwagon, default whiskey bottles and flagpoles should enable you to build a pretty realistic CW era camp.

Combat-Agent is doing his magic on the various details such as the watch, compas, notebook, to make them from the right era, and Pickett is busy making a wonderfully deadly LeMat revolver.

Another Zouave is also done. One from the north's 14th Brooklyn "Red Legged Devils"

RLD.jpg

Hey, that Zouave *almost* looks like a soldier. biggrin_o.gif

Nice lookin' camp there maybe someone should make a saw for the Doc? Could be kinda funny when you attack an enemy camp, the doctor comes to defend, with the weapon he has.. wink_o.gif

Well, we always have the chainsaw, but I don't think that fits the enviroment too well... (Idea! Gettysburg Chainsaw Massacre? lol)

What is the name of the song and artist from the Field's of Sorrow mission?

Its really good

Miles Teg had said it was from a documentary, dont know if it has a name but I agree it is a very good song, in matter of fact, in the next version of the mod, it will start up with that song.

PC released a beta horse, and it follows every use of the word BETA, far from done, and at times very fusteraing, but a decent start, the only one we got, but someone ought to work with him on it,

any timeframe we can expect the nextrelease??? im so freaking stoked about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The CW team isnt making a horse, Phil Commando and other great addons makers are doing that. But here is a pic of the Beta that was released.

calv.JPG

Say, Combat-Agent or anyone else who's tried...

Has anyone tried these horses with CW units in combat? Can we have AI cavalry units swoop in and shoot up targets on their own? ghostface.gif

No its kinda like having a mg on a helo. U can only use that weapon when you are on it.

Say there is an empty horse, and you are a CW unit, when u get in you turn into the default driver character and use his weapon. So no u dont get to ride and shoot as a CW unit with their own gun. But it is still fun.

Hopefully teh CW team can mod the horse so that the weapon and model are calvary units.

Can anyone tell me where I can download those horses? I know they are only Beta versions but I wouldnt mind having a play with them

No its kinda like having a mg on a helo. U can only use that weapon when you are on it.

Say there is an empty horse, and you are a CW unit, when u get in you turn into the default driver character and use his weapon. So no u dont get to ride and shoot as a CW unit with their own gun. But it is still fun.

Hopefully teh CW team can mod the horse so that the weapon and model are calvary units.

Thanks, that's a good description of what we have now...

And, yes, that's what I'd like to see the CW mod do, mod that horse to use a standard musket carbine.

Of course, I have a dear OLD paper-map game of the Civil War, tactical scale, where the Union cavalry was armed with carbines, but the Southern cavalry was armed with pistols and shotguns. MAN we (the Southern Cav) rocked at close range! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks, that's a good description of what we have now...

And, yes, that's what I'd like to see the CW mod do, mod that horse to use a standard musket carbine.

Of course, I have a dear OLD paper-map game of the Civil War, tactical scale, where the Union cavalry was armed with carbines, but the Southern cavalry was armed with pistols and shotguns.  MAN we (the Southern Cav) rocked at close range!  biggrin_o.gif

this can be changed easely...

you just need to edit the horse model... (guy on horse)

editing the config is easy..., i just did.... wink_o.gif

By editing it you use CW weapons?!!

PLZ RELEASE IT! tounge_o.gif

no, it still looks like the thingy, what i did was just fixing the reload time, and once you get out of the horse you have a CW guy..., if your in it, it is still like phils model.... tounge_o.gif

Still that is pretty good, because with those semi auto rifles on the horse they can go through lines of blue and grey like nothing.

Hopefully theres an alternative THAT CAN BE DISCOVERED so a player just can hop on the horse and use the weapon he actually has. Give it some time something better will turn up, remember that release was just a Beta. But one must admit that there is a rideable horse now, limits have been broken.

Yeah that would be even better.

How is the CW mod doing with melee weapons like swords? I cant shake the image of a calvary saber charge from my mind.

Hopefully theres an alternative so a player just can hop on the horse and use the weapon he actually has. Give it some time something better will turn up, remember that release was just a Beta. But one must admit that there is a rideable horse now, limits have been broken.

Dude, if they can do that, then we would be able to have people jump into passenger sides of jeeps or trucks and shoot out the side and stuff. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif