Sign in to follow this  
Sniperwolf572

Headgear issues in views

theproblem5ee.jpg

As you can see there is some headgear on unit, but as you can also see there is some headgear where it shouldn't be, that is in pilot view. crazy_o.gif

There is no headgear in View - Pilot lod, but it still appears ingame while driving ANY vehicle, but it DOES NOT appear in first person view while not in a vehicle. crazy_o.gif

Help would be appriciated.

O2 uses the lowest resolution of man when he enters vehicles, and what u see is the lowest resolution and not pilot view in vehicles.

Either u make adjustments in your lowest resolution lod eg- set back faces not to appear or set up hidden selections to be use as eventhandlers 'getin'.

I'm not so sure about that because this is what my lowest resolution LOD looks like:

lowreslod7cd.jpg

I have also noted the same issue with BIS Spetsnaz, when you enter I.E. Apache, and rotate your veiw as much as possible you can see the pieces of bandana on the back.

OK, guess u dont wanna lose the headgear. The only alternative left would be to go to memory LOD and look at the head vertex memory point, its pilot i guess offhand. You can shift it further so that the focal point moves forward till u wont see the headgear ingame. However the drawback of this method is that ingame when u fire a rifle, at close up view, the rife looks with parts near u invisible. So u gotta strike a balance.

Did you use setobjecttexture to set the headgear textures?

I had this problem a while ago because of that.

@philcommando:

If that is the solution then how did BIS do Black Ops without moving any points,some other examples are BAS Soar, BAS Delta/Rangers (My models base but then again theirs don't have this issue). Moving pilot vertex too far out isn't the option I prefer but there has to be an solution to this other than that.

@DanAK47:

No there are no setobjecttextures on the model.

OK I've found an solution to this problem thanks to my friend Jackal326, the trick is to have all the points on the head (that you DON'T want to show in vehicle while in first person mode) in the "hlava" named selection, altough this is a quite easy solution I was wondering how did I overlooked it.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

OK I've found an solution to this problem thanks to my friend Jackal326, the trick is to have all the points on the head (that you DON'T want to show in vehicle while in first person mode) in the "hlava" named selection, altough this is a quite easy solution I was wondering how did I overlooked it.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

Question,

How do you put the things you don't want seen into the hlava selection? Do you have to do this for all LODS as well? I'm having the same problem at the moment with the Angelina model, her face animation elements like her eyelids and mouth, as well as a cap I've made for her show up in the viewpilot mode.

Your help is much appreciated.

Jeremy

1. Select all the parts you don't want to be seen

2. Find the component "hlava" in the Named Selections window

3. Right click the "hlava" component

4. Click Redefine

I don't know if this needs to be done in all LODs but to be sure I did this in every resolution LODs.

1. Select all the parts you don't want to be seen

2. Find the component "hlava" in the Named Selections window

3. Right click the "hlava" component

4. Click Redefine

I don't know if this needs to be done in all LODs but to be sure I did this in every resolution LODs.

Hmmm I tried this and it still didn't work. I still see the cap, eyes and mouth animation (as well as the ears) when in pilot view. Are you sure that all you have to do? I did it for every resolution LOD and saved it but I'm still getting face in my face. crazy_o.gif

Pilot view? Do you mean you see that even if not in vehicle?

If thats the case then make the View Pilot LOD and remove all parts you don't want.

Woops sorry, I did mean vehicle view, when you're sitting in a vehicle, the pilot view is fine, I don't see the headgear until I get into the vehicle.

Hmmm as I said before, the facial animations such as the mouth and eyelids show up, as well as the headgear, namely a cap.

I'll get a screen shot I just need to find hosting that works.. crazy_o.gif Currently my Iownjoo.com account isn't working.

Aaargh, this problem is driving me crazy, seeing as in the original Angelina model this is not a problem you can only see her eyelids in vehicle view.

Somebody know a good free image host so as I can post pictures so I can get this bugged fixed?

Woops sorry, I did mean vehicle view, when you're sitting in a vehicle, the pilot view is fine, I don't see the headgear until I get into the vehicle.

Hmmm as I said before, the facial animations such as the mouth and eyelids show up, as well as the headgear, namely a cap.

I'll get a screen shot I just need to find hosting that works..  crazy_o.gif   Currently my Iownjoo.com account isn't working.

in your pilotview lod remove the named selections for the blinking eyes, head, lips and such. Works for me.

O2 uses the lowest resolution of man when he enters vehicles, and what u see is the lowest resolution and not pilot view in vehicles.

Either u make adjustments in your lowest resolution lod eg- set back faces not to appear or set up hidden selections to be use as eventhandlers 'getin'.

Yeah, i agree with you Phil, the use of hidden selections with eventhandlers 'getin' should fix the prob, but when the unit enters vehicles, it isn't the lowest resolution lod that is in use, i assure you: check it on my NBC's, for example wink_o.gif

I'll get a screen shot I just need to find hosting that works.. crazy_o.gif Currently my Iownjoo.com account isn't working.

in your pilotview lod remove the named selections for the blinking eyes, head, lips and such. Works for me.

this or any other ideas from this topic didnt help me, still i see some model parts when im in vehicle....

hey guys, realy need help on that, anyone ?

its dryving me insane 119.gif

If any parts of your head are hiddenselections, then theres pretty much no way around it that i've found, besides adding getin/getout eventhandlers to vehicles to hide/unhide them.

but what you could do is make the inside faces of the model parts you see invisible, so you cant see it from that point of view

If any parts of your head are hiddenselections, then theres pretty much no way around it that i've found, besides adding getin/getout eventhandlers to vehicles to hide/unhide them.

but what you could do is make the inside faces of the model parts you see invisible, so you cant see it from that point of view

that occured to be true...

F*** banghead.gif

that means i cant use hidden selections to randomize faces on Llauma's head

but il try to make it like Unsung did to make soldiers have custom VC faces....

anyway, thanks Korax.

ADDED:

and it works.