Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish Interim troops

So probably a winch. Trouble is, its covered in all the pictures of it, so the question is, do they have it covered 99% of the time? Ie, is it more realistic just to make a covered object. Or would it be better to make the winch.

04dvd04.jpg

Fat Irish bird stands next to one.

Eurosatory20041.jpg

and from the pictures Nova posted

http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/board....d=50464

Cover can be seen on the front

V1.jpg

Whatever happens though, i wont be going with Munk Ds suggestion of a guiness stash.  tounge2.gif

Edit: Might have a pint balanced on the dash though wink_o.gif

Almost certainly a winch looking at the shape of the cover, the stickey out bit at the front is where the guid rollers are.

I'd say stick the cover on it unless you're planning on having a working winch then why waste polys on it. wink_o.gif

like lilty said, its deffinatly a winch... same ones they use on the uk landys no doubt

i'd say just make it coverd ther no point spending time makeing something if your not 100% shure wats there

Presumably the cover only comes off when the winch is being used, and theres not much use for a winch on a ground vehicle in OFP so it makes sense to make it covered.

On the big picture, is that a smoke dispenser or something on the front of the bull bars?

@kerosene "is that a smoke dispenser or something on the front of the bull bars?"

"Smoke Grenade Dischargers"

"Theres a big red button on the dash that fires them."

... according to posts at www.irishmilitaryonline.com

same gizmo's that are on the SAS pinkys... from what i recall they're smoke launchers...

Yeah its smoke grenade launchers, or whatever you want to call them, there are ones on the back too, but i still cant figure out exactly how the back ones are mounted (not a prob with the front ones tounge2.gif ), but ill work something out. With regards to the winch/cloth, i think we all can see the direction this is heading: Cloth on. biggrin_o.gif

Cheers guys thumbs-up.gif

Yeah its smoke grenade launchers, or whatever you want to call them, there are ones on the back too, but i still cant figure out exactly how the back ones are mounted (not a prob with the front ones tounge2.gif ), but ill work something out. With regards to the winch/cloth, i think we all can see the direction this is heading: Cloth on. biggrin_o.gif

Cheers guys thumbs-up.gif

from wat i can see from these 3 pics theres a metal plate

atached to the inside of the tailgate

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/NOVAsolidus/V2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/NOVAsolidus/V3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/NOVAsolidus/V5.jpg

Grrrrrrrr this is a real struggle, damn cab, but im making progress, remodelled the front slightly to add abit more detail to the bonnet, completed the weapons cage on the back, just need to add a ring mount (I'm not sure if the ring mount is different or the same to the UKs WMIK, i dont have any decent pics of that angle) for the 50 cal.

Got to finish the cab now, and then the model is almost done, just a few minor tweaks and details to add to it.

166yw.jpg

Working on the front textures for abit now, should have some better pics soonish (2-3 days) smile_o.gif

Model looks superb, cannot wait to see more pictures within a few days.

Can't wait to hear the latest on this myself.

Only a week left to go and the worst is behind us.

Looking Fantastic, Pathy

Cheers thumbs-up.gif

Couple of latest screenshots, needs work on the lighting i think, but its getting there. Dont worry, its saved in PSD format all done in layers, i can change the lighting easily wink_o.gif

196wt1.th.jpg

205oj.th.jpg

that a so amazing car...

best job Pathy wink_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

Thanks , shame theres no blushing emoticon, cause i would use it now. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thanks , shame theres no blushing emoticon, cause i would use it now. smile_o.gif

hehehe"...there is NO emoticon for how I'm feeling..."

droooool.gif

Hey everybody,

Im broke at the moment to not getting a lot of net time but, just dropping in to let you know we have the bare minimum number of talented and enthusiastic people to get out a pretty damn good pack.

But and this is a big but with the addition of just one experienced addon maker to assist on the troop pack with the very able and hard working pathy we could be releasing a whole lot sooner.

Check out our site in the near future for new screenies of Pathy's work.

The airpack is in the post production stage and Adam is going to post progress reports on the PIII in the near future also.

Ahh overwhelming response biggrin_o.gif

OK basically what i need is one of the OFP gods,someone who knows the ins and outs of unit and/or vehicle making, like the back of thier hand.

Basically i have almost complete models and textures and need someone with expertise to help me get it all working how it should ingame.

I'm not asking for them to do all the work, im asking for abit of Q&A, maybe looking over a model or config to see where ive gone wrong, and maybe occasionally fixing it for me when i just cant grasp where ive gone wrong.

Attention all team members, please go to the members section of our forum for an important announcement.

The important announcement better not be the negative, we're giving up the addon, kind. confused_o.gif But hey, if its good news, tell us please! biggrin_o.gif

Wouldnt call it important. Nobody answered my call for help, so i guess this pack is really eagerly awaited.... icon_rolleyes.gif