Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish Interim troops

Any screenshots of the Steyr variants?

Well the site is back up and we are back on track.....*Tumbleweed blows past*

Hmmm that must have been blown by all those sighs of relief? goodnight.gif

Great job on these fellows, they look very impressive. Keep up the good work!

Hate to ask this but what's the ETA on the units? They look pretty much finished right now and IIRC you were going to release individual addons right?

They look great.

My one concern with the new faces as Ive noticed this on a lot of addons...every 2nd to 3rd guy now has the same face like in .this pic here.

Yeah, the Llauma faces are something we are investigating with a mind to sharing other llauma compatible faces and more importantly in my view camo faces for every soldier at an appropriate time.

The Textures and models have been finished for a few months, it took time for weapons to catch up with them and the main thing is the config, TB84 should have our final internal beta finished soon (he's got a small amount of work left to do on the config) and is hopefully going to be working on it tomorow.

Don't take that to mean a release date though, we'll still have to test and fine tune.

Not too sure if it will be of use - but theres some great pics of the ARW on this page, just if you need a reference or whatnot

pics

Small update:

And a couple of our FN FAL to be included by our 70's era troops.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Tombor/IRDF_FALNew2.jpg

IRDF_FALNew.jpg

If you want to make an accurate representation of a 1970s

Irish Army FAL then your model still needs work on several

areas:

Flash suppressor

Gas plug

Handguards (yours still has the British Maranyl ones)

Cocking handle

Change lever

Takedown lever

Backsights

Butt (again you still have the British one fitted)

You're looking for something more like this:

PaddyFAL1.jpg

PaddyFAL2.jpg

Cool. Just one more question: I read a couple of site about the ARW, and while they mentioned that the ARW uses the HK-33, it made no mention of the HK-53, Im not saying your wrong, but Im just wondering where you got the info that they used the 53

All information used for the project is information willingly and deliberately released to the press by the Defence Forces.

I don't wanna be a pest but I was just wondering how things were going with the progress of the mod. From the latest screens u released, they look great! Looking forward to using them! (hopefully soon tounge2.gif )

All in Thunderbird84s hands I'm afraid and he is working under a great deal of pressure to get all of his own and our projects done in a limited amount of time.

So wish him good luck in his work and we won't keep the release a secret.

It's not although a lot of the team have vanished with their parts of the project.

However the troop pack is nearing completion painfully slowly.

You'd have to ask Eddie T Head for the exact details but essentially all that lies between us and release are a few texture path errors.