Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish Interim troops

Important news shortly.

Current update is: Reflex sight is finished, Helis are all but finished, PIII is delayed yet further by SniperUK having the least fortunate computer since HAL.

Hey. Just wondering if you'd have any use for this or if anyone would be interested in it?

eire.JPG

What does it look like? Its a 512X512 map based on the island of Ireland. Just a basic shape at the moment but if I get time I might adjust the terrain to reflect the actual terrain (To an extent) and add cities and forests etc.

A very interesting idea. Put in the towns, ports etc in the right places, and we may be onto something here.......

Forgive my ignorance, but what is it?

Looks like a Ireland.........

Forgive my ignorance, but what is it?

Looks like a Ireland.........

I meant the format.

We arent including an island in our pack, or our thread thank you.

I wish you the best of luck developing the project yourself if you choose to do so.

Why dont you team up? I dont see any harm in includeing his island in the pack(with his permission of course). wink_o.gif

Let him off. I can see Imshi's point. If he was doing a model of the Aran islands, or another island off Ireland's coast, then maybe. but the Mini-Ireland isn't realistic, so somewhere else with it.

That said, do continue with it. It looks promising.

Another idea I'm thinking of: Doing a copy of the Defence Forces ad in OFP (same camera, music etc) as a cutscene (with some modifications).

Good/bad idea?

As we said we're avoiding politics, also we dont want to retread any of the well worn Soviet invasion missions on a new island with new addons.

Within our Remit there is absolutely no need for any representation of the territories of the republic.

I have enough workload keeping the existing team on track or somewhere near it at this point, there is in my view no appreciable payback to having an island, as the activities we aim to represent (overseas multinational actions) are by their nature hugely variable in terrain, location and participants.

As I've said I wish them the best of luck with developing the island if thats their wish but quite frankly its not going to be my responsibility.

Cjay, I've often had the same daydream myself but it would be nigh on impossible to do exactly, you could probably get an impressive approximation within OFPs limits but then you have the risk of the DF banging your door down for using their music etc.

They're very touchy about that sort of thing.

Will there atleast be a config that replaces the BIS units with your irish units? rock.gif

Will there atleast be a config that replaces the BIS units with your irish units? rock.gif

What for?

You wanna replace US units with irish crazy_o.gif .

I'm irish so let me think about that for a second...............still thinking................almost there............YES I DO!!!! tounge_o.gif

There are land cruisers on that ship/frigate or whatever it is (i suck at identifying ships) crazy_o.gif .

Is it irish navy imshi?

I have wanted a decent Landcrusier or something similiar for so long in OFP, any chance you'll be making one?

Nissan Patrols actually, no we don't have the capacity...there are a lot of modellers out there, if someone can produce us a model we can texture and config.

The Ship was more the point....

I'm in discussions with some people about what they'll do when they finish their current projects.

Fair Enough. was just wondering if you were interested. I know the IDF wouldn't have much of a fighting role in Ireland these days, but what about a fictional situation where Ireland was invaded? Or the IRA decided to do something drastic?

Anyway I don't think I'll have time to finish it what with assignments and exams coming up. Maybe after they're finished....

Quote[/b] ]Will there atleast be a config that replaces the BIS units with your irish units?  
Quote[/b] ]I'm irish so let me think about that for a second...............still thinking................almost there............YES I DO!!!!  

I'm Irish too and I see absolutely no point to that. If its cos you want to play the old missions with irish troops, Why?

A pack like this needs new missions with situations that'll suit the IDF. Besides, what are you going to do about the tanks and such like? and the enemy?

Oh and the ship is the L.E. Niamh if I'm not mistaken. She's a patrol Vessel

I would really love a mod about "The Troubles".

Or perhaps a UN mission in a 3rd world country using Irish troops.

No one is likely to invade Ireland, and the whole IRA thing has faded away rather fast.

Hmm Landrover? Same as the SAS one UKF are making? Or is this thing different. If its the same model wise i suggest asking UKF for theirs perhaps to save time and useless waste of time? smile_o.gif

Ace, it's not a landrover mate, so using UKF's WMIK wouldn't work  sad_o.gif

Also, some more news on the Steyrs, new varients being added:

AUG with Kite Sight NVE

Short Barrelled AUG with M203