Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 Abrams SEP

To get the script from RHS will be impossible.

They even don't released it, so if we use their own script and release an addon earlier as they do.... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]To get the script from RHS will be impossible.

You don't need to use theirs. Give a look at this thread:

Anybody working on this ?

Maybe you can use something. Or you can make two abrams, one

with a working MG and the other a normal one.

Since you have two MGs on top, you can make the 7.62 one usable.

Ooooooo MPAT and STAFF really looking forward to having these smile_o.gif

And these new tracers too smile_o.gif

Shame you can't collaborate with RHS to get this commander MG script sad_o.gif

Can someone provide some information regarding the MPAT script? How would the game handle MPAT differently than it does HEAT rounds?

That's great, but you can give me a working download link for the script?

@FerretFangs

Just wait for the release and then you'll see.

What I'd like to see is the new XM1028 120mm canister round. The lethal variant is filled with hundreds of tungsten pellets, with an effective range of about 500 meters. It works just like a giant shotgun shell.

That's great, but you can give me a working download link for the script?

@FerretFangs

Just wait for the release and then you'll see.

Cool Homer, I look very forward to this release, and you probably already know I'm a big fan. I was just looking for a brief description, as I already know what the STAFF is, and how it would perform..

Quote[/b] ]That's great, but you can give me a working download link for the script?

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=40C3297AFCB7F61999708D49066400BE

Should be up for 7 days. Anyway it's a simple attachment script,

modified a little. Also give a look at this page:

http://psyproductions.proboards21.com/index.c....&start=

you can find some useful info and so you can choose if it's worth

it or not.

We'll not include the turret MG script, it's to complicated and complex to include this script because there are 2 MGs on the top and we haven't got that much time smile_o.gif Maybe we'll update it with the script from RHS if anything from RHS will be released with this script within OFP2 smile_o.gif .

Currently I'm working on an XM1028 APAM script for Anti Personel use and hopefully we got some support by raedor with the air burst fuse script for the MPAT shell.

Maybe you can the additional MG's in an updated version. And I'm MUCH more interested in the maingun... It's a tank, after all.

Sounds like it's coming together nicely, King Homer. wink_o.gif

Good luck with that MPAT fuse script.

will the new M1A2's also get the 3D smoke launcher thingy that I forgot the name of on the sides of the turret?

What I'd like to see is the new XM1028 120mm canister round. The lethal variant is filled with hundreds of tungsten pellets, with an effective range of about 500 meters. It works just like a giant shotgun shell.

i want to see this! that would be sweet biggrin_o.gif

i want to see this! that would be sweet biggrin_o.gif

I think it would actually come out as a stream of pellets with the OFP engine, not a simultaneous impact of pellets. Unless you use the system of that one shotgun addon which used a script to simulate a real shotgun effect. That script stuttered each time it fired on all but the best PCs, so I wonder how a script creating hundreds of pellets at once would work... wow_o.gif

I'm just speculating, expecting some script god to come in and call me ignorant and make a sweet addon of this... wink_o.gif

Unless you use the system of that one shotgun addon which used a script to simulate a real shotgun effect. That script stuttered each time it fired on all but the best PCs, so I wonder how a script creating hundreds of pellets at once would work... wow_o.gif

the one from the marine assault pack ? rock.gif

Unless you use the system of that one shotgun addon which used a script to simulate a real shotgun effect. That script stuttered each time it fired on all but the best PCs, so I wonder how a script creating hundreds of pellets at once would work... wow_o.gif

the one from the marine assault pack ? rock.gif

No, this one. xmas_o.gif

the one from the marine assault pack ?  rock.gif

No, this one. xmas_o.gif

oh, never seen that one wow_o.gifxmas_o.gif

but why not use the system of earl´s shotgun, it doesn´t lag smile_o.gif

I like the tanks camo cept for one part,the rear lights,the green around them looks...offplaced.

What I've done to more accurately simulate shotguns in OFP, is to play with the config numbers a little. For instance, to simulate a the M1028 APAM canister, I'd make the hit=5-10, indirect hit=5-10, indirectHitRange=50. I'd make the minimum range 50, and the maximum range 1000. Just add a sound effect.

No biggie. No lag.

will the new M1A2's also get the 3D smoke launcher thingy that I forgot the name of on the sides of the turret?

They're already working.

but why not use the system of earl´s shotgun, it doesn´t lag smile_o.gif

It uses the standard 'stream of bullets' OFP shotgun system and not the real shotgun simulation. Nice gun though.

Nice to see the tank got a lot of the training and simulation crap removed otherwise one of us real tankers would be forced to hunt you down and proporly school you on the Abrams. Tying you down and reading the full military tech manulas -10 to -35 and lubrication orders, wearing a Bareny the Dinosaur suit in a boring monotone voice till you comit suicide by swallowing and choking on your own tongue.

Kinda funny seeing the MPAT and STAFF are still held back cause the round cost more than the targets its fired at to hit. The SABOT is still overly effective against most enemy tanks the US deals with. Knock down most choppers using the heat round easilly.

Maybe STAFF and MPAT are held back..but this is OFP and we can do what we want smile_o.gif

Our MPAT and STAFF script is already working...so no new suggestions about that smile_o.gif

i have some problems with making the promised preview video because the tracer get´s eaten up by lag as soon as i start fraps, gotta tweak ofp a bit before anything can be done..

all i got to offer is preview screenshot which shows how good the script works:

tracer.jpg

btw: i got toasted tounge_o.gif

Is there a planned ETA on the abrams? 'Cos it looks awesome!