Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

TURKISH UNION Addon Pack 1 - v1.0

I have one suggestion that I always say to new addon makers.

Use other peoples work (with their permission ofcourse) so you wont have to do yet another F-16 because its already done atleast twice.

Footmunches F-16 is very, very good and from what I have heard he is a nice guy who will let you use his models. Just stick new turkish camo on it and you have a new plane! wink_o.gif

I agree with Bucketman. Footmunch's F-16 is excellent and he has been very generous about letting other mods use and modify his addons. Footmunch rocks!

This method is why my mod has been able to create so many addons so quickly...due to the kindness and generosity of the OFP addon making community. The most important thing however is to always credit the original addon makers and whenever possible contact them and ask permission first. But like Bucketman said, it saves a tremendous amount of time and allows cool addons to quickly be created for particular countries and mods.

But its also good to have some new original addons also.

Your tank transporter is an excellent example of a wonderful and unique addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi again,

It is 03:31 am in Turkey!  crazy_o.gif

First of all, Greetings Miles Teg! smile_o.gif You know some words in Turkish, eh? smile_o.gif It is great to see people like you! smile_o.gif You amazed me man! So you play one of our national instruments, "baglama"! When I am back, I can send you some cool Turkish songs. Actually I am not likely to play "Baglama" or "Saz" but playing virtual instruments to make trance smile_o.gif

Thanks for your kind words, thank you all folks!

As I said, on this sunday I will go to military and be away for 6 months. Our group leader is also watching this thread, and I also conveyed your suggestion for cooperation, Miles Teg.

"Turkey is currently the only Islamic country to train with Israel. Hmm...  maybe a Turkish/Israeli special operations joint anti-terrorist mission."

-Miles Teg

Well, personally I am not likely to support Israil. I mean, what Israil is doing about Palestine is really grieving. But don't take me wrong, I don't say these words because I am a Muslim. Indeed I am not any religious. It is about being on the side of the good, I think. It is about humanism. But I got how you feel about us, you are welcome, LoLL xmas_o.gif

"Very nice addons, and I like the layout of your website! "

-hardrock

great to hear man smile_o.gif thanks smile_o.gif

Btw: Thanks for F16 suggestions. We should check that "Footmunches F-16"

Gökhan - OPERATION FLASHPOINT TURKISH UNION

Hehehe... ah no problem. I can make a joint Egypt/Turkish mission instead. smile_o.gif I just think its interesting that Israel does training with Turkey and that Turkey is buying the Sabra tank from Israel (or the license to produce it in Turkey).

I also don't like what is happening to the Palistinians. But I also don't like what Hamas does either (suicide bombers). I think both right-wing Israelies and militant Palistinians act like children. It is a tragedy.

That is why my mod's missions are based on a fictional future war between Israel and Egypt.

I'm also trying to write missions showing both the Israeli and Egyptian perspectives.

I am not Muslim but most of my Turkish friends are Sufi Muslims...followers of Fetullah Gulan. So they hate terrorists and are good Muslims and very good friends. I helped them bring the Whirling Dervishes from Konyak last year to perform in Texas.

It was a beautiful performance. That's why I want to see a Dervish addon with a spinning animation!

smile_o.gif

But back to mission ideas... Turkey has sent peacekeepers to Afghanistan and Kosovo so there could be some very good missions made there. Although the modern Turkish heavy armor has only been deployed in northern Iraq against the PKK rebels. But maybe I can make it fictional and have Turkish heavy armor deployed in Afghanistan. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

man these are some sweet looking addons boys hope to have that monster rolling down nogovas streets with its troops defending it convoy style

oo great mission ideas must start getting to work hope there relesed soon xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well, I crave to post more screen for you but I am still overworking to improve sound stuff. Almost done... By the way, I will go to army on this sunday. I will be away for 6 months. So if you message me, I can read some 2-3 months later...

Take your time with that, I will be very happy to hear any news of it soon.. Good luck with military by the way.

Wow now this would be a nice tank to have in your military M60-2000 MBT

jdw010823_1_p.jpg

More info about M60-2000

Here is a picture of F-16s in recent Turkish military parade:

Turkish F-16s

Turkish F4E PhantomIIs

I was even surprised to find Turkey has S 70 Blackhawks

S70 Blackhawks w/ Turkish SF

Amazing work!

I drived with a real franziska last week, it was amazing, the gret engine sound, you feel the street with all it holes...

but the links are dead, can anyone send me the addons?

and one litle question: can anyone reskin the FRanziska to a german one?

Hi again,

I am so sorry;

The pack will be released on this Tuesday or Wednesday sad_o.gif

our website is frozen due to exceeding monthly bandwith sad_o.gif Thanks for visiting that hot! tounge_o.gif We will move to a real domain instead using that free web service.

If you haven't seen the screenshots yet, Copy and paste these into your browser. links are working rigth now...

1- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack1.JPG

2- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack2.JPG

3- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack3.JPG

4- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack4.JPG

5- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack5.JPG

6- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack6.JPG

7- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack7.JPG

8- http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/turkishpack8.JPG

This morning I completed sound stuff yet I couldn't send the pack back to our team leader because of a personal problem of mine. This Monday he will take the pack from me and make a final test. I guess, on this Tuesday or Wednesday the pack will be released.

Thanks for your interest and kind words LoLL! xmas_o.gif

Miles Teg, believe me, I will get in touch with you, when I am back. we can make great campaigns and/or missions, addons together. BUT LISTEN; be careful about "followers of Fetullah Gulan", most of them are anti-republican and against our pioneer M. Kemal Atatürk. Please ask them what they think about Atatürk, and current republican system in Turkey. Maybe your friends are good guys... God knows...

by the way;

-engine sound became really cool. It is really roaring!

-Everon roads are very tight for the truck and you barely keep the tires on asphalt. Nogova is the best official map for this truck, I think.

-reverse alert became a phenomenon smile_o.gif it is crystal-clear with a little bit reverb.

so long. (this is my last message, but other members from us may reply too)

Nice looking addons, although one thing did strike me as off-putting. The camoflagued face seen in this picture, I really hope its optional, because if its set as manadatory and unchangable for ALL units (all units have the face even the player) I know a fair amount of people who wont be too pleased. Other than that I look forward to the release.

My Turkish friends are actually quite happy with the current government in Turkey, but also they must be careful with what they say and do if they want to keep their visas to come here as students in the US.

I also like Fetullah Gulan and his followers because they are amongst the few Muslim groups to actively speak out against terrorism and to produce many anti-terrorist books from an Islamic perspective. Very few other Muslim groups are doing this on as large a scale. But you are right, I don't know all of their political agendas. However I judge people by their actions and these guys are wonderful community leaders here in America who actually practice what they preach by always helping people who need help regardless of whether they are Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, or atheist. Most of the mosques here rarely go to help non-Muslims which is why I respect them highly and is why I consider them my best friends as they have always been there for me when I needed help as well. They have also taught me alot about Islam.

at any rate, to me a good human is a good human regardless of religion.

I have good Christian and Jewish friends like that as well...people who are just good human beings and who are not hypocrits.

Anyhoo.... I think that they will like your mod. I've been trying to get them to buy the OFP GOTY pack. But after they see your mod, I think they will buy the game. smile_o.gif

Oh you know...I was looking at that M602000 link. It actually would be easy to make that. Just put the BIS M1A1 turret onto the BIS M60 model and add the sideskirts. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

That's all fine and dandy lads, but this thread is about their addons. No politics will be discussed here, if you want to talk politics, please make a thread in Off-Topic smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well, thanks for your kind words

But, our friend Delta Hawk hasn't replied yet.

I guess he is secretly weeping right now hehe

You know "the size matters"!

I would if it wasn't for the fact our trucks are completely different. My truck is meant for commercial line haul, your's is meant for military Heavy Equipment Transportation.

Other than that, it looks nice. Makes me wish i could texture to make a lowboy

"The size matters, only if it's chrome"!

will there be a way to edit the config (for private use) and change the M60 on the back to....well....like sigma's M1A2? (and still keep it static)

but then again, I dont know doodly squat about config editing

Im a little confused, has the addon release been postponed or is it just not mirrored in A&M: Complete?

Edit: the site has been frozen

i have a theoretical question to that transport thing.

i thought, if you make static versions with all bis vehicles (or any addons you want to use).

then you use the cargo script that comes with the hercules.

then you could modifiy the script that it detects what car was loaded and make that blackout function in which you switch from the empty pbo to that one loaded with the addon you used.  and the same the other way around.

i dunno if it is possible, but it was only my thought for the moment.

ps: as placebo would say: you can upload a file up to 1 gb free for 7 days here: http://s8.yousendit.com/

Is it released? I thought it was supposed to be either tomorrow or wednesday.. Website is frozen due to exceeded bandwidth, that's why Gökhan posted pictures because they most likely won't be available again until they have a website up with a decent host.

Hi, fellows

i'm sorry to answer your questions not on time, because of forum authorization.

Yes, This is our first addon smile_o.gif

Choosing Franziska SLT56 as a prototype for our first adon has been a handicap for us.

We have problems for the pulling script.

Basic problems are;

1-At the hills SLT56 changes position.

2- At the bridge passes, SLT56 needs to swim smile_o.gif

We will try to solve these problems in the newer versions.

We used american m60 tank for static carriage.Because we couldn't put SLT60 or m60 on the user menu with a loading animation. Although Turkey is a NATO nation, using American tanks doesn't bother us, could use Greek tanks, too smile_o.gif

Our goal is to make real time loading-unloading. We are working on that.

"TSK Squad" is in development stage so there can be some mistakes. In order to deepen class types, we are working on new models and skins.

We are making final checkings. Download date 15_12_2004 wednesday

We, Flashpoint players, love to use military vehicles.Especially more complicated ones;

And we don't want to see war beside the games.

Thanks for your considerations. We take count of your suggestions.But we need some more time.

Happy new year xmas_o.gif

Murat

OFP Turkish Union Mod Team Leader