Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Swiss mod released

Hmmm an 8x8 Piranha with HMG, I wonder who else uses those? biggrin_o.gif

INDEX.2.jpg

Look forward to trying out the mod tonight.

edit: Is the whole mod 76mb or do I need to dl the individual tanks/airpacks etc?

Most European nations use the same equipment (at least Armour and Chopper wise, with the exception of us (UK), France and Germany who mainly make their own stuff).

It's a nice mod, a lot of work has clearly gone into it and it's showed. I personally don't like all of the sounds but that's about the only thing that let's it down in my eyes. They need a little more attention to loop better and maybe change the volume and pitch and they'd be fine.

Good work guys, I'd all but forgotten about this mod, just goes to show that even if you don't hear from anyone for a while not they've decided to call it a day.

Quote[/b] ]edit: Is the whole mod 76mb or do I need to dl the individual tanks/airpacks etc?

You can DL the .exe file for all in one... The zips is for the 56k... wink_o.gif

oulalala...

I don't know really where is the bug... you aren't alone to have this bug...  crazy_o.gif

Test with shortcut in deskop and this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=swissmod

at me it's work with this line... wink_o.gif

Hmmm, well the units are good even if the textures seem to jar with the OFP worlds a bit.

The PIIIs really are quite annoying in their tankiness though sad_o.gif

But the effort is much appreciated.

Are you sure that they have a vehicle commander in the PIII troop carrier, Irish versions have a commanders periscope and hatch next to the door on the right hand side of the vehicle, Id have thought the swiss HMG variant would be the same, with this setup the commander isnt really commanding the vehicle so much as keeping an eye on what his section will face when they dismount.

Its a battle taxi rather than a fighting vehicle so I dont see the need for the tank class/commander.

Excellent addons otherwise, just need a full campaign to give it personality.

Thanks for your gifts Swissmod.

yes, the problem was already raised... the PIII integrate the TOW missile but the commander too... if we delete the commander, we must use a script (like MCAR) and it will isn't full MP compatibily... crazy_o.gif

We wait if someone resolv this limit... wink_o.gif

So many bugs... so many things that should be corrected...

Now I know why I don't like full-conversions.

A RIP version is must, apart from bugfixes. smile_o.gif

We work to a stand alone Config wink_o.gif When? I don't know but soon... smile_o.gif

tried it out and I kinda think the rifles don't have enough recoil. never fired any swiss rifles but I'm sure they kick quite much.

I have this strange feeling that there's something missing from the mod... yes! the swiss army knife!! that would be extremely cool :P

tried it out and I kinda think the rifles don't have enough recoil. never fired any swiss rifles but I'm sure they kick quite much.

I have this strange feeling that there's something missing from the mod... yes! the swiss army knife!! that would be extremely cool :P

havent fired eny swiss weapons either but if you are talking about the SIGs they are in 5.56 and it dosen't kick that much very little actualy.

STGN

I fire with SIG and it's me how have changed the values wink_o.gif The SIG haven't a big recoil, just an little jolt... smile_o.gif

im not sure if its been reported or not btu when u use the ranger mru radio and launch the ranger itself ur player keeps repeting over the radio for the ranger to move to a specific point over and over again

sry my bad I have a terrible memory biggrin_o.gif last summer I asked my cousin about the guns he got to fire and he said they didn't have much recoil biggrin_o.gif

btw you swiss guys have a strange military service tounge_o.gif is it like 3 months minimum?

for some reason, on the machine gun (ahh...Its on the tip of my tongue) under "heavy weapons", had muzzle flashes even when I aint shooting it. And it is the same when I deploy it via infantry.

Quote[/b] ]for some reason, on the machine gun (ahh...Its on the tip of my tongue) under "heavy weapons", had muzzle flashes even when I aint shooting it. And it is the same when I deploy  it via infantry.

ok, but a screens would be the best!  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]btw you swiss guys have a strange military service  is it like 3 months minimum?

Yes, but with the Armée XXI (Army 21), we can make our service in only one year  smile_o.gif (I didn't make my service still sad_o.gif but soon... 4 years  ghostface.gif )

btw you swiss guys have a strange military service tounge_o.gif is it like 3 months minimum?

it's 21 or 18 weeks now in the "army 21". It was 15 weeks in the "army 95". You can make it in one chunk or do it in one large chunk and some repetition courses.

but what is strange with it? That's only basic training + special function training that every swiss man has to do. If you want to become a professional soldier you will get much more training of course.

I tested the mod also. And i have to agree that the sounds are messed up somehow. i also found a bug which wasnt mentioned:

On the jeep with mg you made an optic but the optic isnt moving with the weapon when you turn around. But with the bugs fixed i think it will be a cool mod.

Which Jeep MG? it's 2 jeep, Eagle III and Puch Ranger...  rock.gifwink_o.gif

For best correction of bugs:

For any bug discovered, please come in our forum, you see if the bug is already discovered, if not you decript your bug (but a screen should be best)

Thanks  smile_o.gif

This version of mortar is not use with UA... He haven't good range... Maybe the 120mm version...  wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]1) Rapier Missiles do not disappear from the rails when fired.

You must take the GL Fx on...  smile_o.gif

the first beta of the rapier works w/o game logic, why do i need to place it now rock.gif

other than that great work !

i enjoyed my first mission with your units, many terrorists lost their lives wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

For MP and little config. We have integrated in our mod the Caucasus Crisis' explosions, shockdust, and others things...  wink_o.gif

hey, guys at Swissmod team...

about the piranha..

CSLA has a OT64 (wheeled APC) in their CSLA 2 mod pack..

it has a commander, gunner and driver.. and works as a wheeled vehicle just like the FDF Pasi

maybe you could speak to them and in your next pack fix so that the Piranha works as it should (eg not as a tank)

however, there is one small glitch in the OT64, the commander periscoe (or whatever) dont turn, but im sure that you could solve that too, the OFP communiti can do whatever they like with a bit of cooperation smile_o.gif

maybe CSLA has solved it already for the CSLA Lacerta upgrade?

We will see this soon... Now we correct all big problems  wink_o.gif

EDIT:

We take the name of persons who want to help us to make a campaign.

We wait 3 or 4 days.

Go on our forum for more info biggrin_o.gif

Thanks! smile_o.gif