Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Swiss mod released

Guest RKSL-Rock

OK first ...some really nice stuff in here guys i'm impressed - realy like the Cougars and some of the trucks etc.

But i've found more that a few bugs/problems:

1) Rapier Missiles do not disappear from the rails when fired.

2) Towing the rapier is a bit bizzare with the control box and the log being dragged along with 10m off to the left.

3) Cargo attach with the Cougar - I attached an empty trailer - fly fast enough for it to break free and it just hung in midair making a squeaking sound like it was being towed.

4) Trying to take control of a UAV using the control box causes a lock up.

There are some other but its 0500 here and im off to bed - i'll post a more complete list when im not so tired.

Congratulations SwissMod, very nice work!

excellent GUI and general design.

i also found some bugs, whats a release without bugs smile_o.gif

Addons:

-Pilot has no shadow

-Plane is almost indestructible.

-heavy weapon MG51 has no reload time

-heavy weapon Dragon launcher disappears when i choose to put on back

-i got a ctd when i put all swissmod vehicle units (empty) on editor plus game logic FX and avanced parachutes.

-standard planes with no afterburner inherit swissmod afterburner-giving error message.

Missions:

script error on tank SP mission

I hope you fix these

smile_o.gif

Hello,

Thanks for advise I'll looking forward for that few bugs thx.

Actually the shortcut to launch the swissmod is placed in the swissmod folder sry a scripting error... the patch comming as soon as possible with corrected bug and shortcut in desktop and quick lauch bar :P

PicVert

I played Swissmod last night and it was a lot of fun, I only have 2 issue's:

- In the mission "take the island" the stupid AI pilot is droping me into the water.

- And can you make the mortar UA compatible since you guys also did that with M109.

I love to play it especially the Eagle and the Rapier are very nice

smile_o.gif

This version of mortar is not use with UA... He hasen't good range... Maybe the 120mm version...  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1) Rapier Missiles do not disappear from the rails when fired.

You must use the GL Fx on...  smile_o.gif

This sounds to be something as great as FDF Mod... Downloading now, though gotta wait around 1 hour because of the mirror located in Czech Republic, and me located in Finland.

So, really, they made working bayonets? Great!

looks good, I'm trying it out in a few hours or so,

@dynamite, working bayonets have been available with the Project-UKF pack for some time

Hi, great mod!

Now, where are the Winter unit's. I remember´you showing a pic sometime ago showingthe winter vehicles. Or are they in some update?

Well great mod!

And check out your new forum, I made a post there... wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

You must take the GL Fx on...  smile_o.gif

Pardon?!?

You must take the GL Fx on... smile_o.gif

Pardon?!?

You have to place the Swissmod game logic in the mission editor wink_o.gif

One more thing I noticed: Where's the F/A-18, you showed a pic long time a ago... wink_o.gif

M47 Dragon is not fire and forget weapon... In new mod there are a lot of nice features, but from the other hand sometimes it looks like not finished, released too early (nice new parts of Leo 2 interior mixed with BIS` Russian tanks stuff :/). I hope works on the mod would be continued to make addons better - and then polished ;)

First I want to say that I'm very happy to see a mod of our army for OFP. I really like most vehicles in the mod and it's fun to play them but I found some things that I didn't like so much.

1. Soldier model

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it is a modified model and I'm sure that you put a lot of effort in it but I don't like how the torso looks. Espeacially the shoulders and arms are a bit weird. I don't think it's because you did it wrong but it's because of the animations in OFP. I tried to modify soldier models too and I found that OFP's animations are sometimes messing it up. I don't know if it was inteded to make the torso look like this but I liked the BIS version better. Or you could try to use the model that BAS released.

2. the assault rifle

- Sound: It doesn't really remind me the real stgw90/pe90. I think you could go to a shooting range with a good microphone and try to recort the real sound.

- the iron sight

I made a picture of the sight of my stgw90/pe90 rifle that we used most of the time in our service. Stgw90 Sight

Could you tell me why you used the night visor?

And on the other hand your sight looks like the rifle is held too far away when aiming. Maybe you should "zoom in" a bit more ;)

3. the cv90

it's a great vehicle all in all but it would be nice if you could do something about this to make it look perfect smile_o.gif

4. Mg 51 sound

Maybe you could ask the guys at mmp for their mg3 sound which is really better that the one in your mod

Ok this was a lot of nagging. I hope you don't get me wrong. Most of the mod is really great and I only try to give you some ideas to make it even better ;)

Take a look:

+Soldiers

+Gui

+Vehicles

+weapons

+Scripts (MG/AT deployable)

-Sounds

->most of them sound like recorded by TV or Radio

->the need to fit with the firerate, e.g.: Sig 551 unsilenced

-Weapons balancing

->MG51 fires too slow

->One Pe90 does have 30 rounds another 20 rounds, but with

the same magazine size

->Vehicle weapons: I think the Leo 2A4 does not use APFSDS

or HEAT, they use German ammo: KE and MZ

->250 rounds for a MG51 magazine, don't you think that's too

much?

->60mm mortar: maybe you can use the FDF mortar script,

getting the mortar firing straight up to the sky

-Textures

->CV90 interior should be fixed

->Leopard 2A4 needs better textures on the turret

That's all for now smile_o.gif

All in all great Mod

the sniper has missing textures on his Ghille suit. Big White swquares.

and missing planes under the soldiers armpits.

lol!

For the soldiers, it's a modified model... I don't very like this too for animations... wink_o.gif

For the leo2... I asked PicVert for put 3d's fumi pods... For ammunition I don't know... smile_o.gif

For the mortar, we will see in next time for the 120mm version compatible UA...

For the Fass 90 (sig550): I shot with this and i don't like too the sight... I will see with PicVert for change the sight wink_o.gif

In Swiss Army, they use 20 rounds mag but 30 rounds too... It's very hard to make a model with changeable mag model (like MapFact.Net) tounge_o.gif

For the F/A 18: The model (Hudons' F/A 18) is very complicated... crazy_o.gif

to be honest, i tried this mod, then threw it away...

it seams too unfinished

i dont like the sounds (not realistic)

texture bugs and much more...

i know you have worked very long for this, i have followed your work, but this was just too much of a dissapointment...

however, if/when you release a update, i will download it again and try, but for now... it´s just not finished enough...

i have read some of the posts in this thread and it seams many agree with me that it isnt finished... it sertainly needs more beta testing and bug squashing before a release..

only good thing is, i like the textures on the Leo2A4 and CV9030..

oh, and the piranha 8x8 (with MG), why is it configed like a tank? it could easily be configed like a jeep, FDF has done it, many others have too...

i could have accepted it more if it had a cannon on it becouse of the recoil..

and the one with TOW, well, MCAR (or whatever they are called) have solved the problem with missiles on cars..

you might want to take a look at that...

sorry, this post isnt intended to say you suck, you really dont.. i just think it isnt really ready for releace yet...

please, work on it a bit more..

one big question

who in the world are the swiss to fight?

holocast jews wanting their stole nazi money back?

heck swisserland did not evne join the UN till what 2000?

and they don't do peacekeeping.

and they have been netural for like 800 years.

so who are the swiss suppost to fight?

some stuff is nice tho.

I don't see it.

russia would not invade..

and seperatist what would they leave for?

since they could go to any number of other euro countries.

and terrorist. nope they would not hurt the hand that hides their money.

Quote[/b] ]to be honest, i tried this mod, then threw it away...

it seams too unfinished

i dont like the sounds (not realistic)

texture bugs and much more...

i know you have worked very long for this, i have followed your work, but this was just too much of a dissapointment...

however, if/when you release a update, i will download it again and try, but for now... it´s just not finished enough...

i have read some of the posts in this thread and it seams many agree with me that it isnt finished... it sertainly needs more beta testing and bug squashing before a release..

only good thing is, i like the textures on the Leo2A4 and CV9030..

oh, and the piranha 8x8 (with MG), why is it configed like a tank? it could easily be configed like a jeep, FDF has done it, many others have too...

i could have accepted it more if it had a cannon on it becouse of the recoil..

and the one with TOW, well, MCAR (or whatever they are called) have solved the problem with missiles on cars..

you might want to take a look at that...

sorry, this post isnt intended to say you suck, you really dont.. i just think it isnt really ready for releace yet...

please, work on it a bit more..

Okkk...

For Pihrana we don't change this... MCAR don't add commander in Car class... and in the reality, the pihrana (6x6, 8x8) have a commander... If you know how diverted this limit, we hear you...  wink_o.gif

If you want to help us to divert this limit, ok but it isn't our priority! ... because we are only 3!!!  rock.gif We don't are an big team...

@Calm_Terror

Switzerland help in Kosovo for peacekeeping with and others countries wink_o.gif

@ Swiss mod team  ... great work !

Dont worry , there are a lot of people in the community that realise the ammount of work that goes into this stuff and fully appreciate it all whatever the degree of technical and artistic skill .

To all the people who tried it and then had to be the one to post about the things they didnt like  ...

rock.gif

If you can do better , then do so

If you can help the team , then do so

Grrr !! crazy_o.gif   Just remember how shity the original BIS units and vehicles are .... and we paid for them ....

tsk some people  biggrin_o.gif

one big question

who in the world are the swiss to fight?

holocast jews wanting their stole nazi money back?

heck swisserland did not evne join the UN till what 2000?

and they don't do peacekeeping.

and they have been netural for like 800 years.

so who are the swiss suppost to fight?

some stuff is nice tho.

erm...

Switzerland does peacekeeping.

Swisscoy_Konvoistopp_kl.jpg

Swisscoy in KFOR

Kunduz_Gespr%E4ch_lokale_Bev%F6lkerung_kl.jpg

ISAF

erm what has UN membership to do with it?

erm neutral only means we will not join military alliances in peacetime and we will not start wars nor support any war we're not involved in. This does not mean we won't defend our country against a crazy german dictator trying to invade us (just a hypothetic scenario - no offence ;) )

Who are we supposed to fight? I hope nobody. But you can make up your own scenario. And we do peacekeeping so that is a possible scenario for conflict.

@orson

Well I agree with most what you say but it doesn't mean the mod is perfect. there is room for improvement and I suggested some things they might consider.