Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Lack of missions in Operation Flashpoint

many answers..but 1 clearly taking the lead.

it´s the "I lose interest in completing my mission in the editor" which i also voted for. it´s sad but for several reasons i haven´t completed any of my

missions due to my lack of scripting knowledge, time and motivation.

it´s plain frustrating to build roads for example..not to mention placing units in multileveled buildings.

also even the simpliest setpos commands do drive me insane.

and this is just the frustration you get before it comes to annoying things like ai behaviour or making a good briefing.

maybe im just not patient enough to make missions.

i´m just glad that there are still talented people who make first class missions for us ..

some are gone, some will stay, for long i hope  smile_o.gif

Burns, if you have made that many missions some of them must be good enough for everyone other than yourself smile_o.gif

I have a few missions on my harddisc that probably should have been released. What they need is someone other than me cutting out the stuff I spent most of my time on but never got working properly and which will be painful for me to see go even though I know it has to.

All you people with unfinished missions that you never work on anymore, join forces with other mission makers. Give up the final say over those missions, turn them over to someone else and let them butcher them into something useful to the public.

One of the things I suspect people going away from mission making is basicly that the community is ungreatfull to them. When someone release a nice addon it's like "WOW! OMG! WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWWWWWWWWOOOOOOW! I WANT YOUR BABIES! OMG! OMG! OMG!" (OK, maybe I exaggerated tounge_o.gif ) but when someone release a nice mission it's more like "Fun mission. Keep it up." . See what I mean?

One of the things I suspect people going away from mission making is basicly that the community is ungreatfull to them. When someone release a nice addon it's like "WOW! OMG! WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWWWWWWWWOOOOOOW! I WANT YOUR BABIES! OMG! OMG! OMG!" (OK, maybe I exaggerated tounge_o.gif ) but when someone release a nice mission it's more like "Fun mission. Keep it up." . See what I mean?

I totally agree on this one. However, I don't know if it is that people aren't as grateful for missions as they are for addons, or if people just don't like missions as much as they like addons. Either way, the message is: "we aren't interested".

Good missions must play well, be imaginative and unlike everything we have seen and be well scripted. They may also require specific addons. This is both hard and time consuming for the average modder.

Our squad {VFF} makes a lot of co-op missions, personally myself I can not make them, but we have about 4 members who are really good at it and have been making missions for years now. I think co-op missions are a lot more fun then any other, because you work as a team and it is more like real life. I am very thankful for all of those who make new maps and addons also, because we use a lot of them and it makes the maps a lot more fun and realistic when you make and play them. I think not a lot of people make as many missions any more, because there have been so many made that people are running out of new ideas.

It's true that many missions are going MP, and I HATE that. I can't stand multiplayer.

There's 3 types of multiplayer games (don't deny it, it's the plain and simple truth): CTF, Co-op, and CTI. CTF gets boring after the first five minutes-there's little action, when there is action then it only lasts a second. No heated firefights whatsoever. Again, I don't want to hear "Well, this one awesome time..." If OFP's MP was that great, it wouldn't be "this one time" it would be ALL the time.

Co-op sucks just as bad, especially due to no respawning. Not many people enjoy waiting for a 15 minute mission to end because some moron backed a Ural over your Ranger, or because you got shot after spending 10 minutes selecting your gear, crawling through some fields, and then going through a place you thought was clear. Co-op missions are only fun if you make it through alive. Otherwise, they are boring, tedious, and frustrating. And nobody makes it through the whole thing alive.

CTI is fun for a little bit, However, just like in CTF, fighting is rare, and when there is fighting it's always very short, or it's you and 6 hand grenades against a T-80, or you and an M-16 against a Hind.

Now, couple these problems with other ones:

No join in progress. Obvious problem, but it's true. Nobody likes sitting around in a lobby any more than getting killed in the first 5 minutes of a co-op mission.

Servers. There's lots of servers, but a very high number of them are empty or passworded. Here's a typical day for me in MP-

1. I find a server that isn't passworded or empty or full. I join it.

2. Now, we have to wait for the spots to fill up.

While waiting in step 2, here are some additional problems:

a. People face the ever-present danger of getting kicked from the server to make room for a clanmate.

b. People face the ever-present danger of some immature friend of the admin screaming "WTF LAGGER BAN HIM D00D!" even when that person's ping is only around 150.

c. People are constantly being shifted around on the teams, and it turns into a screaming match of these sort of things: "I WANNA B U.S." "NO DUDE MY FRIEND IS COMING HE MUST BE U.S." "WTF LAME SERVER" (he leaves) "SOME1 GO RUSSIA!" "GOGOGO WUT R WE WAITIN 4?" "WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO GET ON RUSSIA" "WE DUN NEED RUSSIA THEY R EZ" "DONT LET HIM BE HOSTAGE HE IS N00B" and the like...

3. After taking a very long, dangerous time in waiting for a good amount of people to join, we start. Now, here comes some more problems:

a. Someone downlaods the mission very slowly.

b. We have 49 different types of M-16s and UAZs in our addon folder, but we didn't have the 50th type, so we can't play.

c. Someone leaves, and the step 2c is repeated.

4. We finally get into the game after 5 minutes of stupidity (Other games only take, what, 30 seconds to start? It takes FOREVER for an OFP MP game to start) at the briefing menu, waiting for everyone to get ready. Then there's constant "GREEN UP" spam.

5. So now we are in the game. Finally. Now, there's always the danger of someone leaving and making the teams unbalanced, or some other catastrophic difficulty is ignited or something.

If I amazingly make it past all these problems, it's still an incredibly boring match of CTI, CTF, or I'll get shot in Co-op by an enemy I never saw and have to sit out the game for the next 10 minutes.

OFP MP sucks. I shouldn't have to download some stupid 3rd party crap like OFP Watch to wait for the game to end or something. If OFP's MP were any good, I wouldn't have to join a clan, I wouldn't have to schedule days to get on, I should just be able to boot it up, find a server, get in, and play a fun and exciting game. Getting into a game should take no more than 45 seconds, but it takes 5-10 minutes in OFP. And the games themselves are just plain boring.

Again, I don't want to hear your "Well, Deathsai, sometimes it doesn't take that long or sometimes it is fun or..." IF OFPS MP WERE GOOD, IT SHOULDN'T BE SOMETIMES, IT SHOULD BE ALL THE TIME!

I just don't understand why everyone plays MP.

I second your opinion. And I have no time left to play in a clan on a regular basis (which is where all the good stories about MP must be derived from).

yes, i think deathsai is right,

MP is just uninteresting to me, also i got dsl i don't have the time to wait for more than 20 minutes to start and then getting kicked

i've aleays prefered sp-missions and campaigns, you can start when you want, you can stop without being the prick who left the server and still many of the best addons created are not mp playable

I have to say that the communities that I play at, we all play Coop MP missions. We're not interested in SP games really. I used to play SP games all the time, but after I found teamspeak, why do I want AI team mates when I can coordinate with human players.

This may have a lot to do with why no Sp missions are being made, but doesn't OFP basically allow MP missions to be played as SP missions, or are you talking about MP TvT?

I love OFP and I love playing missions. I find that the mods are the biggest off-putter. Sometimes missions made need a mod, but the mission maker doesn't specify what mods, or where to find them - that in itself is highly offputting.

Last night I was thinking about making some missions. Can anyone point me in the direction of a user manual of some kind for the MED? I'd really llike to make some cool cooperative missions.

Thanks,

J.

It's true that many missions are going MP, and I HATE that. I can't stand multiplayer.

There's 3 types of multiplayer games (don't deny it, it's the plain and simple truth): CTF, Co-op, and CTI. CTF gets boring after the first five minutes-there's little action, when there is action then it only lasts a second. No heated firefights whatsoever. Again, I don't want to hear "Well, this one awesome time..." If OFP's MP was that great, it wouldn't be "this one time" it would be ALL the time.

Co-op sucks just as bad, especially due to no respawning. Not many people enjoy waiting for a 15 minute mission to end because some moron backed a Ural over your Ranger, or because you got shot after spending 10 minutes selecting your gear, crawling through some fields, and then going through a place you thought was clear. Co-op missions are only fun if you make it through alive. Otherwise, they are boring, tedious, and frustrating. And nobody makes it through the whole thing alive.

CTI is fun for a little bit, However, just like in CTF, fighting is rare, and when there is fighting it's always very short, or it's you and 6 hand grenades against a T-80, or you and an M-16 against a Hind.

I have to completely disagree here.

Last night I played a Coop MP mission and had a blast. Sure if you get killed then you have to wait - next time be more careful smile_o.gif

But it sounds to me like you're playing on public servers. I play on community hosted servers and play regularly with friends over Team Speak. This way you're much less likely to be team killed, and you can plan your tactics.

Respawns are for whimps lol. If you can't do a mission first time round, then you're abviously not skilled enough to play it through and should re-evaluate your tactics. Plenty of times I have died and had to sit, waiting for others to finish. But why did I die? Because I got lazy. Personally I hate respawns, but I like my games to be as close to the real thing as possible. If I have to wait for others, I go and make a drink, or tidy up, play guitar - whatever. 30 minutes out of my life waiting for a game to end is nothing. And it's fun to watch my friends continue on.

CTI is great, but again with friends over teamspeak. I simply will never play another game on public servers. All my games I play online, with friends over TS. CTI is about strategy and planning. You locate your base, and then go and grab defended towns. At some point you meet the opfor and have to fight over a contested town. Yes there are times when you are not in the action, but then you're setting up your choke points, fortifying towns, etc. It cannot be fight, fight, fight all the way through. Surely having other objectives to accomplish is more fun is it not?

It sounds to me like you're the victim of public servers with no comms. Believe me when I tell you to join a community and get on voice comms - it's a whole new game smile_o.gif

Check out these communities that are really great and run by fantastic people

www.tacticalgamer.com

www.thegamerplanet.com

www.ghostrecon.net

All of the above host multiple servers for different games, each have a teamspeak server. Registration is free, pop in a quick hello on the forums and then grab team speak and join in on a game sometime. We'll be playing some coop over at TGP this weekend which you're more than welcome to join if you like smile_o.gif

J.

IT just takes too long to make a good mission

especially camera work

me ive been working on a mission for about a month now

it takes like so much of time

briefing, pics, scripting

test, run, test, fix, change

i just do it when i have spare time or just watched an action movie

I think deathsai spoke the truth, and i agree with him.

That 's why i am a bit sad to see that most missions released nowadays will go MP only, but fortunately some of them can be played offline, thanks to the mission makers building waypoints for the AI.

And thanks to BIS for the mission editor that allow me to create my own skirmishes when i run out of downloaded missions.

Quote[/b] ]Co-op sucks just as bad, especially due to no respawning. Not many people enjoy waiting for a 15 minute mission to end because some moron backed a Ural over your Ranger, or because you got shot after spending 10 minutes selecting your gear, crawling through some fields, and then going through a place you thought was clear. Co-op missions are only fun if you make it through alive. Otherwise, they are boring, tedious, and frustrating. And nobody makes it through the whole thing alive.

I only half-agree to that,

Usually, i really like the no-respawn that is present in coop , becaus it is the only way for me to have the same feeling of trying to keep myself alive i can have in single player.

That is why i don't like the majority of other gametype , there you just attack, be killed , respawn, re attack etc without any risk or the immersive "keep yourself alive" feeling.

When i play with my friends on coop missions, whatever i am killed in 5mn or finish the mission 30mn later i find it very interesting, as even when i am out, i discuss with my friends or if too many of us have died we just relaunch the game.

-But- and it is where i agree perfectly, when i play a coop with people i don't know (so in the majority of the servers) it is not the same story, if i am killed at 5mn (because of accidental friendly fire most of the time) i leave the server instead of waiting for 20mn doing nothing, and unless there is only one guy left alive you have 99% of chance they will not relaunch the mission before the end (+/- 30mn later).

But on another note, adding respawn in coop would kill the immersive "keep yourslef alive" feeling that i really like from Single Player and would just make it as boring as the other gametype (at least for me, i understand that other players love to play non coop gametypes and i have nothing against them).

Quote[/b] ]No join in progress. Obvious problem, but it's true. Nobody likes sitting around in a lobby any more than getting killed in the first 5 minutes of a co-op mission.

Totally agree on that, i don't count the hundred of time i waited for 20 mn searching for a server , waiting another 20mn for the good amount of people to join/or decide what they want to do, just to finally begin to play a mission with people that suddenly decide to ruin the game.

Certainly the exact reason i decided to stop playing in MP, because my free time is not extensive enough to allow me to continue waiting 20/30mn to find a server (what i have done hundred times) another 20 waiting for the players to decide what they want to play and finally to leave it 5mn after the game has started because i died, i am teamkilled several time or for whatever reasons that disgust me of playing.

Again to temperate a bit my feeling on this, playing with my friends allowed me to avoid this problem and accepting the wait and short game time.

But the problem is that like me their free time is not extensive and not always accorded to my own free time. So most of the time i play and i am frustrated by this play like any other guys.

Unless i have a big luck and find

-a server that allows me to play

-the gametype i like on this server

-good willing players that are making the whole experience enjoyable.

But honestly, this is very rare (on un-passworded servers of course).

Quote[/b] ]Servers. There's lots of servers, but a very high number of them are empty or passworded. Here's a typical day for me in MP-

1. I find a server that isn't passworded or empty or full. I join it.

2. Now, we have to wait for the spots to fill up.

While waiting in step 2, here are some additional problems:

a. People face the ever-present danger of getting kicked from the server to make room for a clanmate.

b. People face the ever-present danger of some immature friend of the admin screaming "WTF LAGGER BAN HIM D00D!" even when that person's ping is only around 150.

c. People are constantly being shifted around on the teams, and it turns into a screaming match of these sort of things: "I WANNA B U.S." "NO DUDE MY FRIEND IS COMING HE MUST BE U.S." "WTF LAME SERVER" (he leaves) "SOME1 GO RUSSIA!" "GOGOGO WUT R WE WAITIN 4?" "WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO GET ON RUSSIA" "WE DUN NEED RUSSIA THEY R EZ" "DONT LET HIM BE HOSTAGE HE IS N00B" and the like...

3. After taking a very long, dangerous time in waiting for a good amount of people to join, we start. Now, here comes some more problems:

a. Someone downlaods the mission very slowly.

b. We have 49 different types of M-16s and UAZs in our addon folder, but we didn't have the 50th type, so we can't play.

c. Someone leaves, and the step 2c is repeated.

4. We finally get into the game after 5 minutes of stupidity (Other games only take, what, 30 seconds to start? It takes FOREVER for an OFP MP game to start) at the briefing menu, waiting for everyone to get ready. Then there's constant "GREEN UP" spam.

5. So now we are in the game. Finally. Now, there's always the danger of someone leaving and making the teams unbalanced, or some other catastrophic difficulty is ignited or something.

I agree 100% to that, i experienced those situation hundred of time. It makes playing OFP in MP very difficult if you have no friends/clanmates/teammates ready to play with you when you have your free time.

And when you advance in ages, this common to you and your friends "free time" is more and more difficult to coordinate.

I even wonder how have i done to play MP games since now , despite all this -really annoying- obstacles before finally deciding to stop.

Quote[/b] ]OFP MP sucks. I shouldn't have to download some stupid 3rd party crap like OFP Watch to wait for the game to end or something. If OFP's MP were any good, I wouldn't have to join a clan, I wouldn't have to schedule days to get on, I should just be able to boot it up, find a server, get in, and play a fun and exciting game. Getting into a game should take no more than 45 seconds, but it takes 5-10 minutes in OFP. And the games themselves are just plain boring.

Some times ago, i would have disagree with you, because i am thinking of the good times i had in OFP MP with my friends and squad mates, those times were really the best MP experience i had.

But , those good times are in minority in comparison of the really bad experiences i had for the reason up there, especially when my buddies were not online at the same time i was.

If someoone think OFP MP is good, just try to join non-passworded server when you are not online at the same time as your friends.

Not only you will have to search for one accepting you (or having the kind of gametype you want to play) for a long time, but after that you will have to be really "zen" to endure all that will follow once you have joined one.

I strongly hope OFP2 multiplayer will be very different, i loved the good time i had in OFP MP , but hated really when it was not good.

Fortunately and thanks to BIS , the excellent (i can't say this enough) mission editor comes to solve this problem for me, when my friends are not online.

As there seems to be a great difference between online and offline play, there seems to be a great difference between belonging to an "online community" or not. When we play, we usually play with the same core of players and some "publics". We use teamspeak and coordinate efforts. Gameplay is a whole lot different to public play. I played yesterdays with nobody i knew, everyone else was public, and it was horrible. I can't remember when i had teamplay that bad. But that doesn't mean that MP is bad, it just means that those players were.

If you frequent the same few servers whenever you play, and if those servers are run well, you will get an experience that is quite different from your typical public games. This is the same in all online games i have played so far. In a "community" the admin will likely restart the mission for you when you join, even if you are not a clan member. You will be able to talk to the other guys and they will be willing to cooperate. Without this, SP is no doubt better than MP, because the AI may be lacking in skill, but at least they are not malicious.

This is nothing new, we sometimes close our server to just play with friends and we beat harder missions with fewer player than with publics. Because, as has been said before, bad players are not a matter of "they do not contribute" but more a matter of "they destroy the mission for everybody else". If you are supposed to sneak by tanks cause you got no at and guy throws handgrenades at them, or if the only at guy in a mission goes off wandering somewhere else to let his team be killed by the tanks then they are more harm than use to the team.

I already told you that your solutions are null. I shouldn't have to join some gaming community, or begin a quest to find the perfect server. I should just be able to hop in, play, and have a good time, public or not. I shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes to play a game. And Co-op matches last way too long. I wouldn't mind a 5 minute wait, but I didn't buy OFP then download all the addons to play for 3 minutes, get shot be a teammate who says "lol srrry u l00ked like rruskie" and then wait 20 minutes to play again. It just isn't fun, and I wish there were more single player missions and campaigns coming out, rather than new MP missions that are just going to be as crappy as all the rest.

The game is too old to be hopping in and playing. That's why if you want a group of people who you KNOW, and a group of people that dont screw around, a squad is always a thing that helps.

Sadly a quick connect and play doesnt work as it did those many years ago.

I think a 45s maximum wait will bring in more people with 45s attention spans...more TK, less co-operation more leaving in the middle of games.

What I would really like to see, is a big "Capture the Island" version with use of all the perfect addons we have today.

Not only vehicles, buildings should be used too.

-> "Build AGS Power Plant" biggrin_o.gif

I need no gimmicks like MG's that can fire rockets and other bullshit seen in later versions of original cti.

Just make it as real as possible with todays addons.

I have edited CTI 1.0 for a long time and playing it was always fun. Online AND Offline.

CTI seems to be the only "mission" using the possibilities of:

- huge battlefields

- real combat planning

- teamplay even with AI

- use of different forces together

- good use of all the fantastic addons we see in the combat photo thread wink_o.gif

Ok, now you think using that huge amount of addons brings problems for multiplayer?

Yes it does, there will be always ppl that don't have all the BAS stuff for example. But real hardcore OFP fans have those addons and want to use them.

But all this is worth the work and problems that come with such a project.

I could tell hundreds of fantastic stories about situations we had during our CTI playing. Like seeing a playmate running out of fuel, 5meters in front of a fuel station. wink_o.gif

So I really hope to see a modern CTI mission on maybe mapfact Nogova or another big island!

snap290.jpg

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

If you'd ask me it's the lack of a serious in game editor, you need to do a lot of alt tabbing to create a mission. What we need is an ingame script editor and better script testing suite or an external program which can do it all! Also we need to be able to create briefings etc ingame, the ability to view variables in some kind of test mode, etc.

I think a 45s maximum wait will bring in more people with 45s attention spans...more TK, less co-operation more leaving in the middle of games.

At least we'd have people to play with, instead of near-empty servers and 30 minute waits to fill up a server.

Look at Red Orchestra-Hardcore realism fans play that game, it has lots of players, and there isn't any no-respawn crap.

No-respawn matches would be good if OFP's MP were any good, because you'd have a big enough player base to satisfy the people who want no-respawn matches, matches where you can respawn, etc.

I can't stand multiplayer.

(...)

If OFP's MP was that great, it wouldn't be "this one time" it would be ALL the time.

(...)

OFP MP sucks.

(...)

I just don't understand why everyone plays MP.

I can only object in the strongest terms to you saying that OFP multiplayer 'sucks' - It has revolutionized gaming for me and many others to the extent where I can easily see myself playing OFP1 for another 10 years or more if there is no worthy game to take over - and right now OFP2 has to be pretty damn good to compete with OFP1 + community-additions.

What I believe you are talking about is not MP in general, but only internet play on random public servers with people you don't know - that being the case I agree, other games are superior to OFP in that respect...Not that I ever heard of 'Red Orchestra' so I don't know about that particular one, but CS, Raven Shield and America's Army do that...But they do not do much at all of what I get from OFP and it's multiplayer.

I, and I suppose most OFP players, play OFP multiplayer for a long long list of reasons. One example could be because there is no feeling like completing a long complicated co-op mission that nobody playing with you has ever played before...that feeling you can never get from either of the 3 games I mentioned. Another could be the vast freedom for mission makers making multiplayer missions in OFP, Co-op, CTF, real-time strategy and multiplayer campaign play are all possible in the same game.

At least we'd have people to play with, instead of near-empty servers and 30 minute waits to fill up a server.

I can't be sure of course but I don't believe so, at least I think a patch to fix these issues now would only cause a minor delay in the enevitable decline in numbers of public-play players. Basically I think the people who can't wait more than 45s are the same people who want a new game at least every 45 months/weeks/days whatever.

But I agree that there are many improvements to make in OFPs public play multiplayer - and it would make a lot of sense to have such changes in OFP2.

I have come to a new conclusion:

there are too many missions!!

imagine a situation where only few people could handle the tools to make a mission work

how eagerly awaited each single mission would be. people would post sneak preview screenshots of that mission on all news sites (not only on Mapfact ...), people would fill forum threads with hundreds of posts in eager anticipation of that new mission, they would have to be answered with "it's done when it's done".

does this strike you as somewhat familiar?

indeed, addons owe their relative success to the fact that not everybody can work with oxygen, visitor and the likes. If everyone were able to produce his own version of the BAS Rangers relatively fast at home, people would start to lose interest in other people's addons as well.

I'm not saying it is therefore useless to create missions or addons. I'm talking about the perception of things now. It always amazes how much fuss there is about new addons without even the merest reasonable suggestion that these addons will ever make it into one single finished & full-blown mission, let alone onto a publicly accessible MP-server.

I do not agree, there are too few missions and they will still be too few even if they were a billion more. Missions you can't get enough of.

The problem is that the addons are stealing the OFP community away from the mission side. Look at my previous post. When someone releases an addon everyone is all "Oooo! God! We love you!", when someone releases a good mission it's more like "fun mission" . If ppl even TRY to make a preview of their missions those previews gets as popular as a wet sock on a marshing day.

Making a good mission takes AT LEAST as much time and hard work as making a good addon. I don't see why the addons gets so much attention. They might be great, but there are no missions there to play because mission makers are treated like shit, and without missions, addons are, well, fucked. wink_o.gif

i have to agree with macho_man_mathijs on his stuff.

and totally disagree with the others, i love team respawn thats the way i like it. Because if you don't got friends with super connections and they all can't bring their computers to your home and only the few can do it then team respawn is just the thing for me and my buds smile_o.gif

because if Dude 1 dies then dude 2 takes over when dude1's playable get respawn into a.i soldier biggrin_o.gif

works like a charm unclesam.gif

I don't play public a lot because they use bad stuf flike disable some of the freedom in ofp like 3'rd person view and stuff sad_o.gif and some players can behave bad.

Flashpoint is one of the best lan games that i know of and some of my less ofp playing friends even say that wow_o.gifwink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Addons is the name of the game, flashpoint works exellent with addons as long as you got the perfect comp. specifiactions biggrin_o.gif

original weapons get kind of boring after 3 years, thats one of the reasons why i stoped playing counter-strike tounge_o.gif

and the way that there is so much better mp and sp features , addons ect. that can be done and has been done in ofp. I loved cs a lot during its beta time during 1999 because there was always new things happening, new maps , and there where vehicles , fun and much stuff was beta biggrin_o.gif

you kind of didn't get bored, there was always fresg new content and skins and stuff avaible. now its just about playing in clans , cheats and everybody is camping and always aiming for headshoot mad_o.gif and doing everything to gain a advantage like turning up the brightness level to see easier in the shadows tounge_o.gif

Flashpoint is always in my heart and thats kind of because the mp part because the original campigns was to hard for me, but im making a sort of remake campaign with addons, and some new scripts in a few missions too like enhancing the black ops missions with keycats group link script to make it harder but more filled with FX unclesam.gif

and replace most but not all enemy soldiers with jam hd weapons tounge_o.gif it makes a real thrill to have more longer firefights with the enemy a.i's xmas_o.gif

everything that can be done custom to flashpoint is really amazing, and thats why i have stuck with flashpoint for 4 years now wink_o.gif compared to "camp n haxx strike" where nothing new happens and its the same dull sounds and same looks and same maps played and if someone wants to change to another map people start whining that i don't know the layout of the map it sucks i don't wanna play it mad_o.gif

well anyways Flashpoint has a whole lot of repspawn ways and i hope that there can be more new ways in ofp 2 happy playing every1 unclesam.gif and wish all 56-k'ers could get Dsl or something xmas_o.gif

Dynamic missions require scripting. They're usually a lot more open ended and thus replayable than other missions. They're usually much more enjoyable as they add a level of unperdictability to the game.

In my opinion dynamic missions are far better and the type I prefer. With the exception of 1-16 petrovice. Quite possibly the most entertaining coop mission I've ever played.

Not only that, but a lot of missions these days come out for only a fixed set of addons. Instead of making either a base version or the same mission with various types of addons. With the growing size of addons these days, you're going to find these missions are being used by a smaller group of people.

I personally think the skill in making a good mission is not in what addons you use so much as the mission itself. I -always- take missions I like and place in addons that -I- want anyhow. This because I prefer to not to use most of the newer addons out these days.