Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Lack of missions in Operation Flashpoint

I picked other because of this:

When I first got OFP I searched for missions to play.

Then I made missions.

Making missions back then, there wasn't many addons.

DKM OV10 Bronco came out and I had a blast and realized that to get what addons I wanted ,the begging weren't working so I had to help myself.

I thought that when we got alot of addons the new people entering the game would make missions.

Hate to admit,that I was wrong.

Hard to say if there are many missions out there because I notice once you start making addons you don't really play the game much and don't have time to play missions (its unproductive,lol).But I haven't collected missions like I used to.

And like I have said in the past,mission sampling was crazy.Alot had no descriptions,There was no arrangement and SP and MP missions were mixed and it was cluttered and I don't miss that.

And now that we have so many addons and missions require miscellaneous addons,I don't really bother.

If it were a mission made by someone that I know is good and its organized, I will try them.

I recently downloaded AvonLadys Pigs Fly mission and the required addons and its all installed and when I get a chance (my kids have been very active) I will try it.

We have OFPEC we need OFPMC

OFP is simply too bad without the addons so people prefer to use addons with their missions. That means that alot of missions won't be played and not all servers supports them.

FDF is much better when it comes to missions. Most of them only requires the FDF mod so people will know what they need.

There are a few addons for FDF missions too but I hope they will be implementet into the FDF mod or not used at all.

I recently downloaded AvonLadys Pigs Fly mission and the required addons and its all installed and when I get a chance (my kids have been very active) I will try it.

Send the kids to a movie already, for crying out loud! crazy_o.gif

OFP is simply too bad without the addons so people prefer to use addons with their missions. That means that alot of missions won't be played and not all servers supports them.

FDF is much better when it comes to missions. Most of them only requires the FDF mod so people will know what they need.

There are a few addons for FDF missions too but I hope they will be implementet into the FDF mod or not used at all.

yeh, we need to stop releasing those crappy 1-tank or 1-car addons and start making packs. Who the heck wants to download 20 different addons for one mission? But if you instead need to download a pack like Tonal or SEB Nam 2 (or FDF) and you can play dozens of missions with them. What would you prefer?

Personnally if i need just a tank, i don't want to download a pack full of unit i will never use.

Personnally if i need just a tank, i don't want to download a pack full of unit i will never use.

The mission maker won't, but the player will. I'd rather play a mission that requieres, say SEB Nam Pack 2, then download 5 small addons.

Rune, I agree 100%.

But OFP Coop is for mature and patient players only. The same people who are going: "Gogogo" in the loby, will get killed within the first minute and disconnect. I love that death has a real consequence in coop and makes teamplayers focus on the team and objective, rather than their personal scores.

I loose interest in most missions i make. Though i did make a bf1942 kind of map where both sides were spawned and they had random spawn points to go to and is someone died it would put a cross near the medic tent at your base. It also had stats in the hint window, ammo drops, air strike, the works. Its the only mission I have ever made that I bothered to finnish complete with cutscenes and breifings. Only problem is it would start to lag about 30 mins or so into the fighting. I think i just thought of the reason though wow_o.gif . Anyways sry to get off track. I generally just loose interest or get caught up with one problem that i can never resolve and finally quit.