Sign in to follow this  
FBI Agent 2004

Operation Flashpoint/Resistance Creators!

I also live in the US, and I saw a preview of it on Gamespot...bought it when it was released, but didn't find out about community/addons/users missions/etc until like mid-2003...been here ever since biggrin_o.gif.

making your own missions in the mission editor and then playing them with one or more friends is the best there is biggrin_o.gif

Codemasters never advertised the game in the US - ever. That is why it was such a "failure" in the US. I would have never learned about this game unless a friend hadn't told me about it.

If Codemasters follows this same path, screwing up the marketing part of OFP2.... then that will suck.

I saw a two-page spread advertising OFP in an issue of PC Gamer a couple of months before it came out...

It was then that I said "I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!"

They also had the demo on their CD, dunno if it was the same month though. Played the demo, loved it, immediately ordered version 1.0 and got it before it was released in the US (hell, 1.0 was *never* released in the US!) and have been playing it religiously ever since smile_o.gif

Codemasters never advertised the game in the US - ever. That is why it was such a "failure" in the US. I would have never learned about this game unless a friend hadn't told me about it.

If Codemasters follows this same path, screwing up the marketing part of OFP2.... then that will suck.

I saw a two-page spread advertising OFP in an issue of PC Gamer a couple of months before it came out...

It was then that I said "I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!"

They also had the demo on their CD, dunno if it was the same month though.  Played the demo, loved it, immediately ordered version 1.0 and got it before it was released in the US (hell, 1.0 was *never* released in the US!) and have been playing it religiously ever since smile_o.gif

I found out about OFP when we were briefed on the VBS system for the USMC. I checked out the codemaster's website and saw the game. I almost didn't buy it until I saw it at a game store at the mall...I said F*ck it why not...the wife can deal with it.  biggrin_o.gif

The bad part is I've been dealing with it from the wife ever since  crazy_o.gif

This game is one of the best combat sim's I have ever played and I buy almost every new combat sim that comes out. I have a total of 394 PC games and out of all of them I play OFP the most. It doesn't helps that I'm a Marine and I love the smell of napalm  and the thrill of battle biggrin_o.gif

Apparently OFP got better publicity in Australia than it did in the USA.

I got the demo with a PC gaming magazine, and I actually remember seeing a short advert for OFP at the cinema here once.  wink_o.gif

I came from a group that used to play the Rainbow Six and Delta Force series of games at LAN sessions - once we got a taste of OFP, we've barely played anything else since.  biggrin_o.gif

"Wow, you mean you can drive the vehicles!" [/flashback]  tounge_o.gif

I dont think I will ever loose that warm fuzzy feeling of how much replayable enjoyment I continue to get from a single game.

Good choice.

If youd like to try some enhancements to this game now or later ....

I highly recomend downloading and trying out these things:

little thing called Grouplink -scripts/missions (get ready to run)

and

CoC Unified Artillery - addon/missions

CoC Command Engine -scripts/missions/addons

Cti-missions

theres more ...so much more but thats all I can think of now.

Dont get me wrong the original Campaigns are long enough for starters and there are tons of great everything out there but these are the things Im familiar with and have continued my enjoyment of this wonderful product.

OFP has got to be one of the best games of all time IMHO. If you could rate ever these things.

Hi FBI Agent 2004

Welcome to the world of OFP

Play with the editor make up any mission you can think of.

Play on line

http://www.ofp-zeus.com/nuke/

best on line play full modification is probably War Games League (WGL)

http://www.wglcti.com/Downloads/wgl.zip

and the thread here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....61;st=0

Also Finish Defence Forces is very good and Keg's effects realy improve the visuals

Chain of Command

Somone already mentioned some of our addons but here is a link

http://www.website.thechainofcommand.net/

For real Artilery, battles controling up to a small battlalion, divers, cruise Misiles, Mines, Atomic bombs etc. We are going to be putting out some updates in the very near future.

VBS1 the OFP Pro Version

Finaly you may want to drool over OFP's Big brother the profesional version of OFP: VBS1http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/

download the video

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/videos/VBS1_trailer.mpeg every bit of it is in simulation it will knock your socks off.

If you have got the money you can buy a copy in the US from this site

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystem.com/

but it is not for gaming it is a real military training simulator.

Plenty for you to do till OFP2 comes out it will take you a couple of years to play with all the mods and addons and scripts and you will never get to play all the user missions they run in to the tens of thousands possibly into the hundreds of thousands by now.

Kind Regards Walker

Welcome to the freindly Ofp family smile_o.gif

I suggest you to Fisit Ofpbase, there are loads of addons, and we are updating reagurarly.

visit us at www.ofpbase.com

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! Pm me or contact me at -mailserver4@hotmail.com-

Have a nice day m8! and again, i welcome you!

I completley agree that OFP and OFPR are awesome games. I have played a lot of them, Task Force Dagger, Black Hawk Down, Medal of Honor, Rome Total War, Call of Duty and by far Operation Flashpoint and Operation Flashpoint Resistance are the most fun. I have not seen another that you can play co-op missions online with others like Flashpoint. Especially with all the maps and addons that have been made over the years has made the game so much more realistic.

It's the one game you keep on coming back to. However many new games you get and however long you play them, you ultimately get bored and come back to Flashpoint! The only think that can ever surpass it will be OFP2.

I remeber when i bought OFP Game of the Year Edition.

Long time ago. I downloaded everything what i saw. tounge_o.gif

But everything isn't good stuff.

I recommend

all BAS stuff

FDFmod

HYK Us infranty 1.52

Sigmas tanks

INQ M1 tank

FlashFx 1.8

Or WW2 collection mod

and new anims

Llaumax sky too

Marine Assault pack

Mi-26

Russian airborne infranty

and patch 1.96 for all this stuff

I have got many more addons what are MUST have ones too.

Like C-130 hercules

And i want to say that if you play some other games you will be bored and you come back to OFP.OFP won't let you go when you start playing it.

i was first playing ofp when i was 12 and I found the game really amazing...

after about 3 months without any internet connection or addons ect... i was stopping because the editor bored me.

in 2003 with my internet connection i have discovered the tons of add-ons and co... i have buyed resistance and it was definitively my prefered game.

after 4 months i was again stopped flashpoint but i'm still here because i can't live without this game... all games i have tested (battlefield,doom3,half-life2,call of duty...) never give me the sensation of the extreme liberty, actions and the tons and tons of possibility, addons...

all times i tell to my friends flashpoint is the most immersive game ever made but they say "it's impossible that kind of game" > one friend played it in LAN with me and buyed it smile_o.gif now we play a lot

togheter

Flashpoint is like the drug when you test it and like it you never stop it

I also live in the US, and I saw a preview of it on Gamespot...bought it when it was released, but didn't find out about community/addons/users missions/etc until like mid-2003...been here ever since biggrin_o.gif.

i also found it on gamespot and downloaded the demo. Then I lost interest in the game but my friend got resistance and I decided to buy it to.