Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

THE LOST BROTHERS ADDONPACK #2 RELEASED

We also have access to the isarayet.com website... or at least we did until recently.  The SPAS-12 is actually not used by any IDF units.  We just have it in there as a placeholder until we get a SPAS-15 shotgun made (which most likely will not happen before Addon pack#3 is ready to be released).  As for whether or not shotguns are used at all by regular IDF infantry and paratroopers, I have no idea, but I would assume they would be as they are useful multi-purpose weapons (riot control, cqb, lock busting, etc...) that are widely available.  

So until one of our IDF advisors says for certain that no regular infantry or airborne unit uses shotguns they'll likely remain in those units.  

As for the extra gear, our IDF units that will be in Addon pack #3 did receive new helmets courtesey of Heyal.  However he got busy with real life stuff and hasn't had any time to work on new gear.  So for right now, there won't be any new vests or textures as we want to get Addon Pack #3 released as quickly as possible.  

I think that there will be enough new stuff to keep everyone fairly happy.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok no problem, I just think that maybe you could take some existing vest/gear and put them on the soldier.

---

IDF uses the following shotguns:

Spas-15 Franchi

Mossberg 695 Bolt Action Shotgun

Remington 870

Beneli M4 Super 90.

The IDF tank crew members use "Glilon" Assualt rifels {the 5.56 version of the Galil}

----

The usage of the shotgun is limited to the IDF SF units {Sayarot/PALSAR},.

IDF Sayeret YAHALOM {Enginner special forces} with Remington 870:

yahalomshotgun7qx.jpg

IDF squad engineer {if theres any} will probebly will be equiped with carabine weapons {m4 etc.}

----

For riot control we use rubber bullets and tear gas, sometimes snipers also. the shotgun is used for those things by the Police/b]

I can also provide you with pictures of IDF combat gear.

Greeting

Actually now that I think about it, we did use exhisting ammo pouches and rucksacks to update the field packs and ammo pouch layout on some of our IDF units.  Now for example many of the IDF soldiers have more appropriate small assault packs rather then huge rucksacks on their backs.  Most of the MG gunners also have appropriate ammo pouches as well.

So overall our IDF regular, airborne,special forces, and police forces now look alot closer to the real life units.  We also do have Mossberg and Remington shotguns on some units as well.

No Beneli shotguns yet however.  

Some units now also have goggles, but they are not moveable for various reasons.  However they are in the up position.  Myself and Calm Terror had long and heated arguements over goggles and which units should and shouldn't have them.  

At any rate, when we get Addon pack #3 released you'll be able to see how we've updated the units and then give some feedback on them (along with the rest of our IDF advisors).

If you look on the LoBo thread in the discussion section, if you flip back through the pages you can see lots of pics of some of our newer units were are putting into Addon pack #3 including pics of some of the updated infantry units.

That thread can be found here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=525

Its perhaps best to continue this discussion on that thread in the "Addon: Discussion" section.  

Pic below of new Egyptian Marines (note the PASGT helmets and M16A2 rifles as used by some of these Marine units in real life).

LoBoEgyptMarines_1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Are you guys making a Tavor for the specops?

hey miles teg , remember me, im the one that asked you for those colombian addons you use to work on , do you still have them icon_rolleyes.gif , could you please upload them , please!!!! whistle.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Tavor is not "exclusivly" for spec ops and it is not consciderd as a spec op weapon. It is used, but the ise of him is limted, I mean theres not much of them - it supose to replace the m16 rifles . . .someday icon_rolleyes.gif

Tavor is not "exclusivly" for spec ops and it is not consciderd as a spec op weapon. It is used, but the ise of him is limted, I mean theres not much of them - it supose to replace the m16 rifles . . .someday icon_rolleyes.gif

I know that they intend to replace the M16 with it in the future, but I said for SpecOps cause thats whos using it atm.

No, we still have not found anyone who is willing to make a Tavor for us.  A few people have said maybe, at least one said they were working on it but we never heard back from any of them.  Another one of our members also was going to work on it, but real life issues forced them to stop working on OFP stuff for now.  

So basically no, until we find a weapons maker who wants to make it, we will not have a Tavor rifle in addon pack #3.

Aside from two bugs I found yesterday, I am just finishing up missions to be released with the pack including updated versions of Demo missions 1 and 2 that will work with the updated Sinai map that will be in the pack.

There also may be some surprises in the pack as well that we have not mentioned.

smile_o.gif

But overall its in the final stages.   I just need to finish up one more mission and finish writing the credits and scripts and stuff for the readme files.  I will also release one or two more LoBo movies before the pack is released. It will include one mission showing off our aircraft doing strike missions and intercepts and possibly one more showing our armored units in action

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looking forward to the new pack! I've recently made a custom Y2K3 config with the terrorist unit's and have also replaced every thing into desert theme.I have also converted all the island's into their desert equivelent.Now playing the mission "LoBoTerroristDemo.Noe" is like a dream come true for me inlove.gif

Hi action man, could you give your work to the communitie ?

It would be great i think.

Darkhans

@ darkhans, sorry i couldn't do that! That's because non of it was my hard work to begin with.All credit go's to lobo team and pappy boyington and all the other addon makers to which i am erternaly greatfull inlove.gif

I just wanted to let you all know that I released some new screenshots of an Israeli Lebanon airstrike mission that should be in Addon Pack #3.

The thread is in the Addon:Discussion section of the forum here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

good work, damnit when i saw this post i got so happy i thought addon back #3 is released lol welp good work notworthy.gif

sorry to be the one to bring bad news, but i think those screenshots are a little insensitive, to both sides of the current situation, however i like ur mod and look forward to playing with it

bootneckofficer

I saw nothing wrong with those screen shots. GOod work you guys cant wait.

I was wondering and made a seperate thread about it.

But is there any chance that you guys are going to make the small home made ketusha launchers. And maybee also the qassam and raab launchers? That is a nice target for arty or chopper missions...

Hey Mile's Teg when i click the link to view the screenshot's you posted i get this message "Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

You are currently logged in as action man " Now with all the stuff that's on our news in England about what's hapening in that part of the world i would love to be able to veiw them. I am also getting more interested with these addons by the day!

Hey Mile's Teg when i click the link to view the screenshot's you posted i get this message "Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

You are currently logged in as action man " Now with all the stuff that's on our news in England about what's hapening in that part of the world i would love to be able to veiw them. I am also getting more interested with these addons by the day!

indeedy i'm wondering if some sort of makeshift launchers will be included in the pack for rockets and such. Though i doubt it lol.

Looking forward very much to these addons!

That topic was deleted.

Here are those screenshots.

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloa....ck1.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloa....ck2.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloa....ck3.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloa....ck4.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloa....ck5.jpg