Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

THE LOST BROTHERS ADDONPACK #2 RELEASED

AI soldiers and vehicles will refuse to move on the surface of such an object.

Trees, buildings, etc. can't be usually elevated high enough so they look like they're on the fake ground level.

The object has to be less than 64mx64m size so you'll need to align a few of them together on the map. If you've ever tried to place a bridge, you know how hard it is to set them at proper elevations.

It's all little bit too complicated and not really worth it. sad_o.gif

Sad but true (stupid AI  mad_o.gif )...

Despite this, I do not find so problematic to place these kind of object (of course You'll need some good patience) and even if AI will not move over it, You can manually place some soldiers over/inside of the object to simulate units guarding an ammo depot or an hostage...

Hmmm, I'm not sure to have explained it in the right english... sorry  tounge_o.gif

Sad but true (stupid AI  mad_o.gif )...

Despite this, I do not find so problematic to place these kind of object (of course You'll need some good patience) and even if AI will not move over it, You can manually place some soldiers over/inside of the object to simulate units guarding an ammo depot or an hostage...

Hmmm, I'm not sure to have explained it in the right english... sorry  tounge_o.gif

If you think it s so easy then create your own map and your own objects. Nobody forbits you of doing it. Just don't ask others to do something like that when people say its not worth.

rock.gif?

It may be, I do not explain myself in the right way...

I've not asked anything!!! tounge_o.gif

I was just trying to suggest a way to do something...

So do not kill me for this... crazy_o.gif

P.S.:

I've already released an island

hello,

Just a question is it a MOD like FDF ? Had it a Campaigne ?

Thx in adavance  smile_o.gif

No, its not a total modifiction like FDF. Basically the Lost Brothers mod is just a bunch of addon packs and missions created to simulate a future Arab-Israeli war. Currently we have released Egyptian and Israeli units. However we are about 80% done with our Jordanian forces and eventually will create Syrian forces and Lebanon maps as well. In addition we have someone working on Iranian units and we may also make some Saudi Arabian units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Some time ago I had some tunnel-parts I got from some addons with which you could make tunnel-systems by putting them in the air. The only problem was that the AI could see and shoot throught the walls, but that could be fixed by placing walls from some other mod where they shouldn't see... Did these tunnel-sections come with The Lost Brother mod? I can't remember where I got them from and I want them again.. sad_o.gif

Some time ago I had some tunnel-parts I got from some addons with which you could make tunnel-systems by putting them in the air. The only problem was that the AI could see and shoot throught the walls, but that could be fixed by placing walls from some other mod where they shouldn't see... Did these tunnel-sections come with The Lost Brother mod? I can't remember where I got them from and I want them again.. sad_o.gif

i would like to have them too, if that is really existing then it would be astonishing, but till i see it i doubt it

Nah we didn't have any tunnels.

The only tunnel like objects I think of were the ones made by Philcommando. It actually was a cave. But it was difficult to put together into one big tunnel.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm... there was some caves that came with that afghanistan revisited map... They're pretty nice too, but not the ones I looked for. You can't make any own system with 'em. I'll try and make a map with some fixed walls.. maybe I could upload it if I succeed with something. But now I'm gonna sleep...

EDIT: Oh, sorry for double post...

Thanks, but not the ones I was looking for. Appreciate the effort though. I'll check some addonpacks and see if I can come up with something... smile_o.gif

EDIT: I found the tunnels! smile_o.gif But they wewn't as good as I remembered... sad_o.gif They were released with an unfinished objects-pack by H & W and needs both new textures and AI-paths etc. Ofcourse, You can but walls or stuff outside to simulate AI-friendly walls so they can't shoot you through them, but...

Anyway, you download the unfinished addons-pack by Wizzywig and hobbit by pressing "save as..." you know:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/@hw.rar

There are two pbos in the archive that are named tunnel-something. These are the tunnels. All seem to work but two. They are found under tower_addons, I think. Well there you are. As promised, even though it's not as good as you probably thought =/

Cheers,

Geocider

And sorry for highjacking your thread for this, Lost Brothers! Waiting eagerly for anything you might release! biggrin_o.gif

EDIT No 2: Couldn't you make a tunnelsystem somewhere in the air outiside an Island and have a telporter who take you tehre when you enter the tunnel? The transfer could be hidden by simulating that your eyes must get used to the darkness in the caves! What do you think? Possible?

In the latest release of their resistance units was a good mission.

I got a bunch of missions in the pipeline that will be released for addonpack#3. They include an Egyptian airborne assault, and IDF airborne assault, and IDF hostage rescue mission, an Egyptian anti-tank ambush/town defense mission, and I'm working on a IDF tank mission but its a little boring cuz the AI tanks always kill off all the enemy armor before I ever see them.  

sad_o.gif

OH yeah there's also an amphibious assault mission with LCM's that I'm doing that's pretty cool.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I am a great fanof your mod and still waiting for release 3.

Especially to do the old wars with shermans and so on.

A mission idea ...i have a book about the s13 flotillia and they have done some interesting raids against ägyt radar stations near eilat

or some other commandos....

Maybe its possible to put it togehter with the U boats from the spanish mod to start some diver commando raids.

Darkhans

Mr.Miles Tegs do you still have the links or the addons for the colombian mod? if so could you help me by uploading them somewhere or by giving me a website where i can find them, currently the colombian conflict doesnt work, thanks

Danny smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Last post: "July 25 2005"

icon_rolleyes.gif

Danny, I may still have some of the Colombian addons around here somewhere, but to be honest, they were not worth messing with as the units were just retextured BIS units and were not of the best quality and do not have the appropriate camoflage, uniforms, weapons, or equipment on many of them. There is also no hispanic face pack and only a M113, a partially done Zodiac, a UH-1 (crude textures), a C130, and a Mirage. So if you want to I can pack them up, but to be honest I think that if you want to revive the mod, it would be best to start over using different infantry models as a base model.

To the others, the Sho't and Magach 6 tanks are already done in our mod. Also to my knowledge the IDF didn't operate any U-boats.

We're still undecided whether or not to release our historical units with this addon pack or not. More then likely that will come as part of a later pack. But the Ishermans and M3 halftrack is ready. We just don't have a good 50s/60's/70's IDF infantry pack ready yet and work still needs to be done on some of the Egyptian historical units although we do have the T-54/55, PT-76, and OT-62/BTR-50 ready.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We just don't have a good 50s/60's/70's IDF infantry pack ready

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey, don't take offense but I think you should improve the IDF regular {modern} infantry first: better texture, also add some Vest {like DLEM ACU units, RHS motor} just an israeli one. I can give you pictures of Israeli Soldiers {A lot of pictures} also the pictures of their gear . . .

{I also have acces to www.isayeret.com }

P.S

Tzanhanim and all of the IDF Do Not use SPAS-12 Shotgun.

maybe Sayeret Matkal use them, but the regular forces are not {Tzanhanim are not special forces btw}.

greetz