Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

Group Link II ver. 1.90 released

Hail "O" Master Scripter.... wink_o.gif

Have been using your GL2 1.9 and its amazing.

The Helo/Para work superb. Have 42 support elements including 3 helos w/ Para in present mission. Each a diffrent ge# . Due the random selected support I found myself looking up to view 2 Helo Loads of Inft. dropping on my pos. What is really funny is that a Lone Kord outpost spotted me and that was the support selected.... crazy_o.gif (yep I forgot I had placed a manned Kord in that area) Altzhimers !

Having a bad memory makes it fun playing my own missions ... tounge_o.gif

Keycat i got to try my mission in LAN with a friend today and out of 8 objectives we barely managed to finnish 2 and we died 6 times or something like that tounge_o.gif

Your script really rules

any progress made on the new version? I have been checking out the script files a bit more detailed as i have been adding custom vehicles to the params like crazy biggrin_o.gif

Im very much looking forward to using aircraft as transport or as assault roles, would be cool to have the enemies being able to call in su-25 or A-10 or the c130 gunship addon plane flying in and messing up everything.

I'll try to add some custom params to the thread for people to use by saturday or sunday with some custom vehicles.

Quote[/b] ]

any progress made on the new version?

Not really, having an "OFP break" at the moment...

Quote[/b] ]

I'll try to add some custom params to the thread for people to use by saturday or sunday with some custom vehicles.

Looking forward to it.

Will repeat the request below...

If someone adds support for vehicles in mods like FDF, CLSA, RHS, BAS, CBT! to name a few of them, please share the arrays here in the forum for all to benefit. I will try to collect them and include them in the docs.

BTW, the same goes for weapon class arrays...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

okay here is some params from bas rusopfor pack

KEY_EastVehicleTypes = ["UAZ","BAS_RUSUAZ_DShK","BAS_RUSUAZ_PK","BRDM",&q

uot;BAS_RUSBRDM_DShK","BAS_RUSBRDM_PK","Ural","Scud"]

@Keycat

Hi!

I have a question.

Does supressive fire works if more than one soldier is firing at the AI?

The readme wasn't clear about that. Great script anyway smile_o.gif

Hi Kaveman,

Quote[/b] ]

Does supressive fire works if more than one soldier is firing at the AI?

Yes, but due to it's randomness you will have a hard time to tell whom actually is suppressing the AI.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

hey Keycat i got a super crazy idea that would be "uber great!" biggrin_o.gif

there is a post in addons and mods complete that aef mod released their train addon with tracks and all that biggrin_o.gif

my idea is that if its possible to make group link groups that would be transported by train close as possible to the zone / area of detection tounge_o.gif and then disembark and start chasing wink_o.gif that would probably mean that group leader of train group would be needing to drive train i can imagine. My internet is down stupid glocalnet says that i have to get new router or something tounge_o.gif so i post this from school wink_o.gif

when i get internet back or if i cd-r down the addon i'll maybe try some experiments myself maybe with adding train to script somehow but i guess i need to do more than that to get things to work better. tounge_o.gif

Haven't tried the AEF train yet but someday I will.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Hi Keycat ...great script...I was wondering can you adjust the ai skill level or is it done with the dummy groups?? biggrin_o.gif

Hi hitsqdzulu,

Sorry but I don't really understand your question? If you mean the AI skill level on each soldier you can easily change this with the standard slider in the editor... The script does not alter their skill levels.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Sorry Keycat ....I was doing to many things at once ...I posted on wrong script ..I was thinking the spawnman script.

oooops crazy_o.gif

Hey Key !

Any news about the GL Plus Status

Especiality the reuse of Gunner positions

THX

MCPXXL

MCPXXL,

I'm sorry to say that there's been no progress on the GL II Plus pack. I'm currently having a small OFP break to enjoy some of the other simulators I've purchased...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Amazing progress since the last I used, was 1.54 or so!.

This is the only script one should have running!. Its the best.

Only one simple suggestion, add more target groups, or let the AI react to ANY group on the target site.

Johan

Johan, glad you likes it!

Quote[/b] ]

Only one simple suggestion, add more target groups, or let the AI react to ANY group on the target site.

As I said before this is not a simple thing to do and would require a complete re-write of everything. Sorry to say it but I doub't it will happen...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

oooo...umm...is there any chance you can have several hunted groups sometime in the next version(s)? biggrin_o.gif

You may want to start a mission depository. I think it'd be interesting what the community will do with your scripts.

Also, I never saw 1.90, but 1.91 seemed dead on. Those who believed the arty was too accurate may need to rethink their tactics. Remembering that artillery is the biggest killer on the modern battlefield means that its better to assualt and objective and move the hell out. Proper ambushes and raids now mean players need to quickly leave the objective before the sky starts to rain steel.

Anyway, great work!

Sure the arty is really good.

But the shit OFP Bug makes me a little bit angry.

So if U place some stachels and fire it ... not the position of the stachels is the traget... no the person who had fired it.

The only way is fire and RUN ! RUN ! RUN

smile_o.gif

Yeah its all about running away biggrin_o.gif

no but missions you make with the script gets way more intresting and builds more tension when you got more patrols

and stuff, i added two t72's in the script , mission and it gets really evil then when they start patroling around tounge_o.gif

Sure and I have includet the respawn script from Jörgf so that only your teammate can reanimate you.

Is it then to raining "steel" ... its really a little bit like sports-tv.

hehe

wink_o.gif

ive been using these alot in my missions

but lately i've been having trouble on getting the ai to respond to calls when they are on a vehicle.

they seem not move.

don't knoiw why

can anyone help?

iv'e even used triggers and waypoints to get them to move to no avail.

anyone have any solutions?

solved it

i just used waypoints and triggers and removed movin"" command still using the script still.