Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Bushfires Mod

I'm actually teaching myself 3d modelling in O2 for it right now. biggrin_o.gif

Nobody wanted to make one for me, so I have to take matters into my own hands. tounge2.gif

Great news! Will there be just SADF troops or opfors like angolans/cubans in the beta?

Great news! Will there be just SADF troops or opfors like angolans/cubans in the beta?

I am trying to get some SWAPO and FAPLA done in time for the demo smile_o.gif

All infantry units are getting a major upgrade right now. More info (and pics) coming soon wink_o.gif

Any updates? Really looking forward to this mod!

Well at the moment we are getting the new Libyan soldiers out of the door. After that we will concentrate on South African stuff which will be quite soon.

We have a whole set of new infantry in the works including 32bn soldiers you can see in my avater.

Furthermore we are working on a map which represents the Owambo area as you can see on the pics below:

owambo18me.th.jpg

owambo20fb.th.jpg

So we are still working hard on it but things are a bit slow right now as I am supposed to graduate from highschool within a few months tounge2.gif

Haha that island looks kind of boring but I guess that's what it looks like smile_o.gif

At least it allows you to increase the view distance a lot.

This mods sounds like a great idea so I can't wait to try it.

Haha that island looks kind of boring but I guess that's what it looks like smile_o.gif

Well, it's indeed pretty boring terrain. Mostly graslands, desert area's, bush here and there and totally flat wink_o.gif

Description of Owamboland:

Quote[/b] ]Owamboland has three major towns – Oshakati, Ondangwa and Ruacana – and many smaller ones. All are busy and atmospheric with a fair number of shops, bars and take-aways. Away from the towns, the land seems to go on forever. Feathery clumps of palm trees and the odd baobab tree break the even horizon.

Hi Ironsight,

the Palms in the Screens (OWAMBOLAD SECTOR 10) looks really nice. From which Addon are they, where can i find them. I need it for my Campaign.

Please tell me where can i find them.

Special Thanks from

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

Hi Ironsight,

the Palms in the Screens (OWAMBOLAD SECTOR 10) looks really nice. From which Addon are they, where can i find them. I need it for my Campaign.

Please tell me where can i find them.

Special Thanks from

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

They are unreleased yet. Made by williec.

We have a whole set of new infantry in the works including 32bn soldiers you can see in my avater.

I was wondering if that bloke in ur avatar was South African, sweet stuff!

Just a quick thought which may or may not be realistic in a desert. Maybe you should sink the ground a bit where the tree is. First off it would break the ground a bit and would make it look like water would naturally go there thus allowing for a tree to grow.

Just a thought though so if it isn't realistic then don't worry bout it.

I bet those Ratels are all rusted out by now. biggrin_o.gif

Where I come from, we'd kill and eat you for such blasphemous statements. mad_o.gif

tounge2.gif

The Bushfires mod will hopefully, eventually cover several African conflicts from modern history. Our initial focus is on the creation of a generic African OPFOR inspired by and designed to compliment and expand upon Ballistic Addon Studio's Tonal/Tango OPFOR.

Almost in concurrent development is a portrayal of South Africa's various wars with it's neighbors. We currently have several high quality models for South African vehicles and most everything else is available in the community - and we hope to obtain permission to use them. We'd eventually like to expand to cover the Rhodesian War, the Biafra War, the Chad-Libya conflict, and Sudan. Plus, country-specific OpFor packs are in the works.

Africa is a continent of extreme diversity, confusing politics and widespread violence. We hope through our mod that some understanding of the who, what, when, where and why of modern African history will be obtained. Our scenarios will be based upon historical battles or fictionalized "what if" scenarios. Multiplayer missions will be co-op in nature, with some adversarial missions possible.

There is absolutely no timeline in place. We are looking for anyone who would like to join as a modeller or texturer - even if you can just contribute a small amount of time. The more people we get working, the faster we can spit stuff out.

URL=http://img80.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img80ℑ=GroupBuffel.jpg]img]http://img80.exs.cx/img80/7770/GroupBuffel.th.jpg[/img][/url]

URL=http://img7.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img7ℑ=BuffelMPV.jpg]img]http://img7.exs.cx/img7/6091/BuffelMPV.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Buffel APC plus '80s style SADF soldiers.

URL=http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/hellfish/pic%202.JPG]Ratel-20 (click me)[/url]

img]http://img17.exs.cx/img17/1773/Olfant_2.jpg[/img]

(Olifant Mk1 tank in development, base model courtesy of T-Animal and the Lost Brothers mod)

img]http://img17.exs.cx/img17/1927/G523.jpg[/img]

G-5 155mm howitzer. Will be CoC UA compatible.

Hi Everyone,

Name's Llwellyn, Flashpoint fanatic, used to be a professional soldier until the War ran out on us. Couldn't miss to notice the term "Racists" always connected to South Africans. I know it's not allowed on this site, but just to assure you, we were only under an old Law but fought a bitter war alongside our black Comrades, which were and still are our Brothers till the end.

I would love to become involved in this project. See, I spent 5 years in the Angolan War with the South African Defense Force with extensive knowledge on all the vehicles and terrain. All the East Block equipment is already in place, maybe one can ad SAM 6's and 9's and ZSU 23 AA guns etc. Please advise how I can be of assistance, I have zillions of operational photo's. I do Graphics as a living and if I had a little guidance on what programs to obtain I could help with new drawings etc.

I am trying to get some SWAPO and FAPLA done in time for the demo  smile_o.gif

All infantry units are getting a major upgrade right now. More info (and pics) coming soon  wink_o.gif

Hi Bud,

Please allow me to post you some photos of uniforms, kit etc. that SWAPO used. Also the Cuban stuff, we fought the Cubans for almost 2 years during the Cuito Cuanavale Campaign. I have nice snaps of the Campaign. I wish I had m ore knowledge on this 3-d modelling thing since I can draw, but don't know how to help.

Hope to hear from you.

Llwellyn

Well, it's indeed pretty boring terrain. Mostly graslands, desert area's, bush here and there and totally flat  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Owamboland has three major towns – Oshakati, Ondangwa and Ruacana – and many smaller ones. All are busy and atmospheric with a fair number of shops, bars and take-aways. Away from the towns, the land seems to go on forever. Feathery clumps of palm trees and the odd baobab tree break the even horizon.

I have plenty of photos of Ovamboland to post. It is as flat as a table with plenty of Makalani Palms and dense bush, with hundreds of pan-like clearings called Shonas filled with water in the rainy season, will post some pics. You might want to add a Casspir to the vehicle fleet if not yet done. It was the most used troop transport apart from the newer Wolf Turbo version.

Man, am I looking forward to this mod........ Like the old days. I shed many sweat in that arena.

Well, it's indeed pretty boring terrain. Mostly graslands, desert area's, bush here and there and totally flat wink_o.gif

I have plenty of photos of Ovamboland to post. It is as flat as a table with plenty of Makalani Palms and dense bush, with hundreds of pan-like clearings called Shonas filled with water in the rainy season, will post some pics. You might want to add a Casspir to the vehicle fleet if not yet done. It was the most used troop transport apart from the newer Wolf Turbo version.

Man, am I looking forward to this mod........ Like the old days. I shed many sweat in that arena.

Please do! Our own forum is down at the moment but you can email, PM or add me to MSN. They are all listed in my profile. Photos and stuff like that will be very welcome smile_o.gif

BTW: Don't quote images wink_o.gif

Well, it's indeed pretty boring terrain. Mostly graslands, desert area's, bush here and there and totally flat  wink_o.gif

Please do! Our own forum is down at the moment but you can email, PM or add me to MSN. They are all listed in my profile. Photos and stuff like that will be very welcome  smile_o.gif

BTW: Don't quote images  wink_o.gif

Actually it decreases your line of sight. Bush is very dense irrespective of the waterpans, you walk slap bang into ambushes anywhere since there is just trees and more trees...

SWAPO nused to dissapear within metres from you, luckily same applied for us, works for all..

Please do! Our own forum is down at the moment but you can email, PM or add me to MSN. They are all listed in my profile. Photos and stuff like that will be very welcome smile_o.gif

BTW: Don't quote images wink_o.gif

Actually it decreases your line of sight. Bush is very dense irrespective of the waterpans, you walk slap bang into ambushes anywhere since there is just trees and more trees...

SWAPO nused to dissapear within metres from you, luckily same applied for us, works for all..

Yeah. Where there is bush it's thick. There's bush on the map but it's not featured in the screenshots since they are still far from done. Only the desert-like areas are featured in these screenshots.

And please email me. We could really use the photos and your advise wink_o.gif

Eventually, yes. Ideally we'd like to have the 76mm, 105mm, 35mm Cavalry and 35mm AA versions. I'm getting new blueprints for them, so hopefully that'll accelerate the process.

Overall I think we're just waiting for some updated infantry and a small island and then the beta will be released.

Overall I think we're just waiting for some updated infantry and a small island and then the beta will be released.

Pfff small? Far from that rofl.gif

Regarding the Rooikat. A model was already made a long time ago. It's not that accurate but it's a start. With the new blueprints we should have a beautifull Rooikat riding around in OFP:

gcs03370dl.th.jpg