Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Bushfires Mod

i dont know if they used smoke to mark hot spots (in this conflict) before airstrikess, but it would be cool feature to be able to drop smoke grenades from it :-) (usefull for missionmakers)

i dont know if they used smoke to mark hot spots (in this conflict) before airstrikess, but it would be cool feature to be able to drop smoke grenades from it :-) (usefull for missionmakers)

I hope to include markers if it isn't too much scripting work wink_o.gif

Yeah, that or smoke markers would be awesome.  Didn't someone make some Vietnam era recon aircraft with smoke rockets?  If so ya might try to check out the scripts they used for that.  But if not, yeah if you can do the scripting, then yeah, a smoke grenade drop option would be good.

It basically just needs a camcreate script with a menu option or fire option to trigger it.

But other then that its all looking very good!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Things are going a bit slow lately, with only 3 active members. But at the moment we are working towards a release for this summer. A demo/beta (however you would call it) will be released this summer and a full mod will be released for Armed Assault. We also have a modified game config in the works which will have a lot of new features like bouncing grenades, tracers, realistic explosions and a lot of other stuff.

At the moment we have a new internal beta out which only needs some tweaking, units added and missions added for the release of this summer.

Here are some pics:

bf17pj.th.jpg

Buccaneer with "Wild Weasel" loadout waiting on the Tonalese runway

bf21yl.th.jpg

Canberra's on Tonal's airport

bf39oq.th.jpg

Allouette's ready on Tonal's airport

bf44hm.th.jpg

Ratel's in the Tonalese desert

And some more:

bf57ey.th.jpg

Ratel 90 waiting for some tanks to pass by

bf68lo.th.jpg

Command Ratel lost in the desert

bf75rg.th.jpg

Moffel logistics convoy guarded by a Ratel

amazing!...and it sounds good,too... smile_o.gif

Great update Iron

Raptor

You will need to redo textures on BRDM to fit yours, at least colour :-)

Did you do any model changes to the troops or are they still the same as the original pics way back?

They looked a bit thin before (civi policeman model i think it was)

Did you do any model changes to the troops or are they still the same as the original pics way back?

They looked a bit thin before (civi policeman model i think it was)

Still the same models, so many work, so little time, unfortunately confused_o.gif

Looking good. I was afraid that another promising mod is forgotten.

I am relly looking forward to this as iam interested in this conflicts and africa.

Will you use some of Che Guevaras stories about his war in Kongo?

I really would like , he has written a diary where he describes some of his expierences in combat and what they did there. Or is this just South African stuff?

Will you use some of Che Guevaras stories about his war in Kongo?

I really would like , he has written a diary where he describes some of his expierences in combat and what they did there. Or is this just South African stuff?

The idea of the mod is to cover all major conflicts in Africa. But because we are just a small team we focus on South Africa, for now smile_o.gif

At the moment we are working on a side project besides South Africa, this project is a Military contractors pack. Here's a WIP shot:

contractors8yl.jpg

The pack will be released as a standalone addon and will contain modern military contractors including some vehicles.

Inquisitor did some mercenaries but they are from aages ago, before resistance was out and they were just retextured BIS models, but they are the only other ones I can think of

nice stuff Iron, al always, but what can we do with these contractors?

Repair Vehicle or lamps? smile_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

In my 1981 SOF issue, they show pictures of SADF troops out in the bush, in the tan uniforms, but much more ragged looking, with sleeves rolled up and some wearing just t-shirts. I'm sure ya'll have got that covered though. BTW, the contractors look nice. thumbs-up.gif

looks nice :-)

il try to send you some stuff tommorow, that we were talking about via pm's ;-)

maybe when they will be done, you will let me use them as opfor for my mod ;-)

In my 1981 SOF issue, they show pictures of SADF troops out in the bush, in the tan uniforms, but much more ragged looking, with sleeves rolled up and some wearing just t-shirts. I'm sure ya'll have got that covered though. BTW, the contractors look nice. thumbs-up.gif

These guys are more modern day contractors like you see in Iraq or in Sierra Leone.

Quote[/b] ]nice stuff Iron, al always, but what can we do with these contractors?

Repair Vehicle or lamps? smile_o.gif

They are military contractors, mercenaries wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]maybe when they will be done, you will let me use them as opfor for my mod ;-)

That shouldn't be a problem whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]In my 1981 SOF issue, they show pictures of SADF troops out in the bush, in the tan uniforms, but much more ragged looking, with sleeves rolled up and some wearing just t-shirts.

Sorry, I was talking about the South African soldiers in some of the pics way back. Sorry I didn't specify.