Sign in to follow this  
ThudBlunderQ8

Laser's latest over on Flashpoint.ru

Not in A&M Complete, there isn't - I always search before starting a new post.  There's an old thread which finished here about v1.00 - is that what you meant?  Or are you referring to the one in A&M Discussion - to which I referred in the subtitle - which wouldn't be seen by folk who only browse for complete addons?

(As this probably doesn't make sense on its own, I'll add that it was a reply to someone who thought the thread should not have been opened. Apologies if it upset anyone, least of all the addon-makers. TBQ)

This thread is fine where it is - I was going to make one myself, but TBQ beat me to it. smile_o.gif

Gordy leave it mate. smile_o.gif

I did and ain't commenting it.

I felt Laser set up a "Laser Addons" thread for a reason, but Hey I'm just browsing.

Oh please give me more US special forces, we don't have enough!!! I want M4s. I love M4s!!!

The OFP community is going downhill.

*Jinef pukes*

Oh please give me more US special forces, we don't have enough!!! I want M4s. I love M4s!!!

*Jinef pukes*

Download it or leave it, thats one easy way, ain't it?

why such a post? An addonmaker can do whatever he likes, and this is "just" a new version of an addon that he did before...

As for Rangers, I like 'em, have to play with them a little more to do any constructive criticism smile_o.gif

An addonmaker can do whatever he likes, and this is "just" a new version of an addon that he did before...

I agree and it's good to know that Laser is always striving to better himself by improving his great work.Hats off to you laser for a great job well done... biggrin_o.gif

*Jinef pukes*

WHAT!?!??! there're million M4s

All addonmakers and their dogs made M4 pack. tounge_o.gif

But M4 from Teh Crap Studios is the best out there biggrin_o.gif

@void_false.That post is what some people call "Sarcasim".Basically he was dissin the addon as it is yet another special forces.

*Jinef pukes*

Download it or leave it, thats one easy way, ain't it?

why such a post? An addonmaker can do whatever he likes, and this is "just" a new version of an addon that he did before...

As for Rangers, I like 'em, have to play with them a little more to do any constructive criticism smile_o.gif

Ok, my friend Jinef might have lacked diplomacy... But i am sure it was nothing against the author but maybe it's more directed to the whole addon makers community. And altho i am downloading these addons right now, expecting some good quality work by Laser, i have to agree with Jinef : Diversity did not, does not and will not hurt !

Everyone is free to make whatever his heart dictates but still, the brain is a good thing to listen to sometimes too. Again, this is not aimed at LAser but more generally, think of what the community is lacking too and what we're flooded with.

If you're new to addon making for instance at least make something original because anyway there's chance that if you're the umptieth m4 or us ranger addon you wont even be noticed no matter how good.

;)

Diplomatic reminder : this is not a criticism of Laser's work : End of doplomatic reminder

i for one believe that we do need lasers rangers and hopefully his upcoming delta update. The BAS one when you compare the two, just wasn't as good as this one. Granted the BAS one had the most kick ass original weapons package to first come out that really got everyones fire started, this new rangers from laser has really hit hard with its awesome clean textures, excellent models, and thoughtfullness. I for one know that Laser could have done better, but I am comforted to know that this is THEE best ranger addon to date. I stand by my word on that one. Only negative side is that, some of the sounds and textures could have been better in only two or three instances.

I have one question.How do i use the "prc117new Radio".Is it for mp or can it be used like BAS Satcom with there Dap helo.. crazy_o.gif

I can't seem to find any info on this subject and i don't like this radio guy doing nothing when he must have been made for a purpose...

well when i used to have a purpose for a radio man in a mission, id simply have broadcasts coming off his body. Now, thats all we can do for now till someone creates a really good script for radios.

I assumed you could actually do something with it as you can select it as a weapon and it makes the "hiss" noise when you right click.I thought it would have inbuilt scripts being able to call for Evac and Cas.If that is not possible i like the sound of your use.How did you go about doing it.pm me please.

@void_false.That post is what some people call "Sarcasim".Basically he was dissin the addon as it is yet another special forces.

Then my post was advertisement of Teh Crap Stodios biggrin_o.gif

Got it? tounge_o.gif

The radio does the same as the BAS and a bunch of other radios, there mostly detected in scripts.

Check the readme if you dont normally, cause there are 3 versions of the M14, a benelli and an xm377 that I dont think any of the units use.

The radio does the same as the BAS and a bunch of other radios, there mostly detected in scripts.

Check the readme if you dont normally, cause there are 3 versions of the M14, a benelli and an xm377 that I dont think any of the units use.

Those weapons are all in use, or are being eval'd for use with US SOCOM units.

@Lupus[WD]:

Well, there was no need to emphasize that your reply's not a criticizm of my work. I'm always open for criticizm (as long as it's well put and makes sense). Also (this one goes for everyone out here) - if someone has posted a comment and i haven't answered it, it doesn't mean that i've let your comment slide.

And as to the originality... well, i just felt like making my Rangers and Deltas, that's all. Needless to say, I had no intention to put any other addonmaker down by releasing them... just tried to make'em as real as it gets. Again, the community is to judge whether I had success in this or not.

The weapons pack... well, i just wanted one single pack compatible with my US addons without the need to resort to other packs. And those texes on desert M4s... (sigh)... I guess i'll just ditch them as long as i can't do any better (and believe me, i've tried). Would save some hardware space BTW smile_o.gif

P.S. Just a suggestion... what if we move all constructive criticizm and other sensible stuff to LSR ADDONS topic? No pressure, but it's hard for me to track two similar topics at once.

P.P.S.

@kerosene:

These weaps you mentioned are used by LSR Deltas.