Sign in to follow this  
raedor

T55 MBT v1.20 / Red Hammer release

Hello,

I would like to turn off the T55 smoke effects in a mission I am making, but I can't make it happen.

The readme says 'Cast this line in global space' (RHS_SmokeOff = true), but I am unsure of what that means.

I have tried the RHS game logic, triggers, the INIT file etc but the effect will not turn off. Could someone please explain where I am supposed to put that line?

i think they mean you put the line in the init field of a tank wink_o.gif

all soldiers , and vehicles , stuff you place in the ofp mission editor has a initalization line or initline. you can commands there like tell a a.i soldier not to flee by typing in this allowfleeing 0 ,or maybe it was = 0 at the end.. im getting old crazy_o.gif so i think you put the line in the tanks initfield.

i think they mean you put the line in the init field of a tank  wink_o.gif

all soldiers , and vehicles , stuff you place in the ofp mission editor has a initalization line or initline. you can commands there like tell a a.i soldier not to flee by typing in this allowfleeing 0 ,or maybe it was = 0 at the end.. im getting old  crazy_o.gif so i think you put the line in the tanks initfield.

No its a variable not a command, you can't make new commands, variables can but put anywhere, they are simply variables, nothing more, nothing less, call them a series of letters and numbers assigned to anything, and I mean anything. I mean, depending on the scripters desire, RHS_SmokeOff can be equal to anything, even a series of command lines, and the even better part is that, its all absolutely MEANINGLESS, untill the script reads the part after the = sign, and then determines what to do.

Oh sorry about that meaningless rant about variables, if that variable isn't working for you then its not your fault, blame either the scripter for getting it wrong in the script or the person who wrote/translated the readme for messing it up.

Also, its not in the mods' best interests when people dig up year old threads...

Quote[/b] ]Also, its not in the mods' best interests when people dig up year old threads...

Well if the guy made a new topic for his question they would yell at him for not using the existing thread. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

It's nearly pointless to ask for help here sometimes.