Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

Custom CQB M4

Talented addon maker SASR Sabre from ADF and Nightstalker put together a custom CQB version of Earl's M4. Let us know your thoughts about this. With so many M4s out there, would you be interested?

MISC10.jpg

Development pic.

MISC12.jpg

In game pic, notice my name he put on the stock for me.

SASR SABRE CUSTOM CQB M4 WALLPAPER

IN GAME PIC 1

IN GAME PIC 2

it kind of sort of doesn't even look like earl's work.

its got lighting issues (sharp and smooth edges) is why wink_o.gif

If you make it look better and makes it like a CQB M4 so it is more inaccurate, has a lower muzzel speed and so I see no harm I might even use it.

STGN

Couldnt it just be added to the nightstalker US SF pack? I dont think it would get used as a standalone addon to be honest.

You can never have enough M4's

sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Offcause not none of then look(completly) like a M4 yet so please keep making them.

STGN

Hey Monty,

I can make co-witnessed Iron for you if you like.

Earl don´t use sharp edges on his CQB...try sharp some parts of weapon,I think it will be looks better...

make a whole big pack

m4 commandos sopmod kit

acog, aimpoint, eotech

earls weapons deserve to have more sopmod kits

earls m4 with mk

i wish bas weapons were updated using earls m4

jam compatible

and everyone hu hates the jam sounds

ask permission to update it

i dont believe they would mind as long as the wavefile name stays the same

Offcause not none of then look(completly) like a M4 yet so please keep making them.

STGN

Due to your ideal being higher than anyone seems able to produce why do you not try and make one yourself ?

STGN

Due to your ideal being higher than anyone seems able to produce why do you not try and make one yourself ?

To look completely like M4 they would have to be high poly, which is too scary for most of you.

On the other hand, explain completely M4-like.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't responded sooner. As some of you know, I am in the U.S. Army and we have been out training the past two days.

The first thing I want to make sure everyone knows, is that I have done absolutely none of the work with this M4. It was done by SASR Sabre for me. Once he got into it, he asked me to make a post and see if anyone was interested. I will do my best to reply to your post, however, the more technical stuff will be up to SASR Sabre.

@Bugkill

I think you were joking, but just in case, the Monty on the stock was just something Sabre threw on their for me. If he released this to the public, it certaily would not have that.

@Blackdog

As far as I know, these are just Earl's weapons, just modified and retextured. I will double check with Sabre on that.

@STGN

What kind of visual improvements are you talking about when you say "make it look better"? As far as the config of the weapon goes, I will look into it.

@Munk

I know that the Nightstalker SF are going to have a new set of M4s along with some other weapons. Including the CQB M4 sounds like a good idea to me. I will discuss that with the Nightstalker guys.

@Gordy

As you know, I think your sights are awesome. I will let Sabre know that you have made this offer. I appreciate it.

Alrighty, I think that's about all I can respond to right now. I appreciate the interest and comments. You guys take care and I will post more info when I get it.

Thanks,

Monty

STGN

What do you think I am duing, Im currently working on my Black op pack which will contain some SOPMOD M4A1's(I have now been working on them for about 1,5-2 yuears now don't think I been working on the same model all the time I have made meany changes the biggest moves being whitin the latest month's) and M4 SPR's whit the wanted quality being over VBS it will also include soldiers so it takes time when you are not a texture god and go to school.

@Monty: the thing that would improve earls most would be if you moved the forward bolt assist back to the end of the upper reciver(not the lower reciver) where it belongs hope you know what I mean and remember that you also should make the bolt assist and the case deflector have paint too.

@Gordy: I dident mean very high poly, but you will see what I mean later.

STGN

@STGN

I am in the U.S. Army so I know exactly what you mean. I agree that the case deflector and foward assist do need camo if everything else is going to be camoed. The foward assist is almost exactly where it needs to be. If it did get moved back, it would be a very small amount.

Thanks,

Monty

BTW, when do we get to see pics of your work?

STGN

What do you think I am duing, Im currently working on my Black op pack which will contain some SOPMOD M4A1's(I have now been working on them for about 1,5-2 yuears now don't think I been working on the same model all the time I have made meany changes the biggest moves being whitin the latest month's) and M4 SPR's whit the wanted quality being over VBS it will also include soldiers so it takes time when you are not a texture god and go to school.

@Monty: the thing that would improve earls most would be if you moved the forward bolt assist back to the end of the upper reciver(not the lower reciver) where it belongs hope you know what I mean and remember that you also should make the bolt assist and the case deflector have paint too.

STGN

If you are making realy detailed M4,it will have something about 7000-10 000 poly(with aimpoint+mount,m203 and other stuff)

btw,curently in free time I also working on m4 (blabla...yes another),but this time a little bit more detailed then other M4 from CS etc...maybe I´ll finish it and make some pack,but i don´t beleave it,´cause I am to lazy tounge_o.gif ,anyway it will propably only for personal use.

who´s interested,here is pic

@ Status_cz

Hey bro, your M4 looks good to me. Who cares how many M4s are out there. At least you're working on something. It's all about fun right? I enjoy mission editing, and if there were millions of missions, I would still do it. Don't let anyone tell you another M4 project is stupid. As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters. If they don't like it, then they don't have to download it. Good luck with it.

Monty

STGN

STGN

If you are making realy detailed M4,it will have something about 7000-10 000 poly(with aimpoint+mount,m203 and other stuff)

btw,curently in free time I also working on m4 (blabla...yes another),but this time a little bit more detailed then other M4 from CS etc...maybe I´ll finish it and make some pack,but i don´t beleave it,´cause I am to lazy  tounge_o.gif ,anyway it will propably only for personal use.

who´s interested,here is pic

no no its only gonna have less than 1000 and more than 900 for a M4 whit RIS only no sights or enything els its now 910 or somthing whit RIS and 816 whit out. My is just very accurate more than yours actualy it just don't have shouch round shapes. I could make one whit that high poly count but then it wouldent realy be playable.

STGN

@Monty

Thnx...I think you have true...addonmaking is only about fun,the same like missionmaking...anyway now is so many addons and no good missions sad_o.gif

Enjoy with missions ;]

@STGN:

Well,there is a question if you want beauty or playable addon...some people wants realy nice model & textures and some wants just playable addon and they dont cares how that addon is nice/realistic...

If you want playable addon,it doesn´t care only on polys but also on count of textures,one 1024x1024 is better then four 512x512...that´s what I know from good "source". smile_o.gif