Sign in to follow this  
SEAL84

Player SetIdentity "JohnKerry"

Quote[/b] ]SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A video game company hopes to cash in on the publicity surrounding Sen. John Kerry's Vietnam service by sending players on a simulation of the Swift Boat mission that won the Democratic presidential candidate the Silver Star.

Playing as a square-jawed, machine-gun-toting Lt. John Kerry, gamers lead a team of U.S. Navy swift boats up the Mekong Delta to secure the shore while facing fire from Viet Cong in the nearby brush. Players are able to drive the boat and can jump ashore to chase and battle enemy soldiers.

The game is the latest in a series of missions from New York-based Kuma Reality Games that allow users to reenact actual battles mainly modeled on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Other titles include "Uday and Qusay's Last Stand" and "Battle in Sadr City."

Another is based on the U.S. Army Ranger mission in Afghanistan that led to the death of Pat Tillman, who gave up a lucrative professional football career to join the military following the Sept. 11 attacks. The game is dedicated to but does not feature Tillman.

The Kerry game is based on military records of the Feb. 28, 1969, encounter that has become an issue in the current presidential campaign, Kuma Reality Games Chief Executive Keith Halper told Reuters. Subscription to the Kuma/War service, which incudes the Kerry mission, is $9.99 a month.

"We have created a character who is the spiting image of a young John Kerry," said Halper, who declined to say whether or not he supported the Democrat.

Kerry, whose spokeswoman could not be immediately reached for comment, volunteered for two tours of duty during the Vietnam War and won three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star while serving on a gunboat in the Mekong Delta.

A group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has criticized Kerry, who became an activist against the Vietnam War after his service, and questioned whether he earned all his decorations in televisions ads. The Bush campaign has denied any connection with the organization.

Halper said the Kerry game would allow players to learn more about the disputed events.

"Video games are wonderful teaching tools that allow people to get inside an event," Halper said. "We will bring clarity to people's understanding of the event."

I've never been interested in this Kuma War thing....seems to me like it's just a way to cash in on all the stuff going down around the world.  Anybody here play it?

Well, there is a W face in a face pack some where, but nobody's made a f-104 model for OFP yet.

Then again, we have the little PBR, and lots of Nam maps. Once again, OFP beats them all. biggrin_o.gif

The Bush equivalent would be a bar sim biggrin_o.gif with tabledance , cocaine , lots of alcohol and avoiding Vietnam by running to daddy biggrin_o.gif

The Bush equivalent would be a bar sim biggrin_o.gif with tabledance , cocaine , lots of alcohol and avoiding Vietnam by running to daddy biggrin_o.gif

Please do not confuse my President's history with memories of your childhood.

That's the problem I've noticed about a lot of crackheads, since each day is a continual trip, they're still stuck on the same day thirty years ago.

Any way, back on to off-topic.

Why didn't this mission come out a long time ago? We've known about Kerry's service for ages, is this a sign of things to come for Kuma?

I wish I had a childhood like that!

He's back. crazy_o.gif

Kuma War is a subscription, right?

I downloaded the one week trial and it is crap, real crap, i deleted it after 2 days, the level i played was like a bad single player version of counter strike.

I already posted that in the Kerry thread....Furthermore, I think gamespot said that there is going to be two versions of that mission... Kerry's and the Swift folks

Germany tried to send toddlers to Vietnam!? wow_o.gif

Germany tried to send toddlers to Vietnam!? wow_o.gif

Theyr'e still trying crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Please do not confuse my President's history with memories of your childhood.

One comment:

Prove me wrong  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That's the problem I've noticed about a lot of crackheads, since each day is a continual trip, they're still stuck on the same day thirty years ago.

You talk about W right ?

Crackheads don´t tend to have a military record like mine wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You talk about W right ?

Crackheads don´t tend to have a military record like mine

Crack was not around when Bush was in the NG...you mean cokehead... wink_o.gifrock.gifsad_o.gif

God Damn it.... crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

*Note to Self*

D'oh and never post in this thread...

What the hell I'm talking about... rock.gifrock.gif

I´m talking about this

Quote[/b] ]what will they think of next...

biggrin_o.gif

Nevermind...

Maybe I´m just too realistic with my ideas sometimes wink_o.gif

Oooookay... rock.gif

Does anyone here actually have an opinon on Kuma War using events like this as part of a $9.99 per month gaming service?

Does anyone here actually have an opinon on Kuma War using events like this as part of a $9.99 per month gaming service?

Aslong as it's fairly accurate in terms of historical facts/interpetations of historical facts I'm fine with it.

And I REALLY hope that the developers of Kuma War aren't being payed to do the "Kerry story" tounge_o.gif

i have, i have... smile_o.gif its a free world and its mostly democratic so i think you can make whatever games you want, except that you take the risc, will it sell or will it be a big flop biggrin_o.gif i haven't tried kuma wars but i saw screens and it reminded me of ghost recon wish i thought felt like a non adrenaline verison of ofp tounge_o.gif i've never been in combat but i once took a walk out in the late hours of the night and felt that i was being pursuided but i never saw anyone but when i started to run i got a big kick and felt more like somebody was behind me but that wasn't the case at all tounge_o.gif well its fun that the brain can pull tricks on you sometimes biggrin_o.gif

Well, there is a W face in a face pack some where, but nobody's made a f-104 model for OFP yet.

Then again, we have the little PBR, and lots of Nam maps. Once again, OFP beats them all.  biggrin_o.gif

G8

He flew (Don't blurt "Uhnuh he was drafting!!1!11!") a F-106 Delta Dart, not F-104... I think.

CLONEY IS BACK CLONEY IS BACK CLONEY IS BACK CLONEY IS BACK!

Don't wanna get banned so I'll say that this is a wonderful example of John Kerry's service to this country and his patriotism will be displayed in flying colors in this game!

(yeah right)