Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Post your OFP nigglies

The Ammo Bug... god sometimes i wished this still worked sad_o.gif

with 9 magazines... it still remembered how many rounds i had in all the mags.. so by the 8th reload i had reloaded a clip with 11 rounds... next 5.. next 2 next 1.. ammo bug doesnt work in 1.96 atleast.

3 mades per grenade launcher... one word: Y2K3

changed the BIS nades to take 1 slot instead of 2 smile_o.gif

respawn with 30 rounds: with a little mission editing you can change it so that you respawn with exactly what u had when you died.

my other "nigglie" is the seagulls.... you cant killem. i think in SP and MP u should be able to kill the little bastards. so what if player1 dies 8 times.. he should stay the hell aaway from the guy that dont like him biggrin_o.gif

Just Thought of another one.

When Playing MP,You Get In a tank and get into position to kill the enemy then your AI leader orders you to disembark and it throws you out of the tank just as your about to fire,also he may order you to get out right when your taking enemy fire,so there you are thrown out of your only defense,and you get mowed down by the enemy!!! mad_o.gif

The ammo bug I'm talking about has to do with the crates. Where it empties them into little ammo packets if you put something in them (including switching weapons). Which as we all know causes the server to LAG!!! to high heaven and destroys the mission.

It is fun to blow them all up with satchels though. (Sadly this does not fix the bug, but explosions do go on for about 5 minutes).

ooooo that ammo bug

yea i remember that.

that has to do with the "transportweapons" thing. for instance if you have a crate that is configured to transportweapons=10 and you put an 11th gun in via editor addweapon command, scripting, or walking up and putting a new one in.... you have now overloaded that crate so it spills out.

Yup. And the limit is 2000 in ammo crates.

See what I'm talkin about?

MY nigglies:

1- Green fluorescent tracers! Am I the only one thats finds them really ugly and realism-killing? Plus I have a slow comp, so when I shoot(automatic fire) in first person with my AK, there is like a green rope going from my gun to the taget... mad_o.gif remove them completely for the assault rifles at least, plz!

2- Urban Combat! There are great cities on some islands (Tonal) and great Addons (OMON from ORCS, MAP, Rangers from LASER) But the engine is total cr*p for Urban Combat: Collision bugs, lame animations, no lean right/left anim... mad_o.gif

3- AI in Urban Combat: when they hear gunfire, the only thing they do is lie down. They do not get a cover, they do not try to find out who's firing, they dont return fire until they clearly see you. And the worst thing (for Enemy AI, Friendly AI and Player) when you lie down, you are moving like a turtle = slow as hell, but well thats another anim problem... oh another thing: you cant fire while moving (in lying position).

...Sometimes I even wonder why I play to this game...and this slow comp doesnt help... sad_o.gif

LoL, this thread is a major turn off, I was about to play a little but when I read all your posts...I remembered all the things that pi$$ me off about this game... sad_o.gif

well thats it for today, I'll find some more later tounge_o.gif

ever seen color pics of firefights? especialy in nam?

AK/PK = green tracers

edit: my only gripe about the tracers is they look like lasers. they should be alot shorter

like right now their this long

-----------------------

they should be this long

--

Check out DX DLL - there is an option to enable "realistic" tracers. They do look MUCH better. its not in the GUI, you have to open up the text / config file (I am on my work comp, so I can't look up the exact name, but it shouldn't be real difficult to find. You can also read through the last few pages of his topic in addons, mods complete.

Check out DX DLL - there is an option to enable "realistic" tracers.  They do look MUCH better.  its not in the GUI, you have to open up the text / config file (I am on my work comp, so I can't look up the exact name, but it shouldn't be real difficult to find.  You can also read through the last few pages of his topic in addons, mods complete.

yes i accidently found this too. and i agree they do look a hell of alot better smile_o.gif not perfect.. but much better

@General Barron

Is that "nigglies" collection something to do with the work actually made in the upcoming new version of ECP ?  

Or is this just something thought for a far away future version wink_o.gif ?

Check out DX DLL - there is an option to enable "realistic" tracers.  They do look MUCH better.  its not in the GUI, you have to open up the text / config file (I am on my work comp, so I can't look up the exact name, but it shouldn't be real difficult to find.  You can also read through the last few pages of his topic in addons, mods complete.

yes i accidently found this too. and i agree they do look a hell of alot better  smile_o.gif  not perfect.. but much better

yep True, but with my slow comp, they still look like Lasers when the Fps is lower than 10, which is, almost always.

well exept on desert island sad_o.gif

yes i accidently found this too. and i agree they do look a hell of alot better  smile_o.gif  not perfect.. but much better

yep True, but with my slow comp, they still look like Lasers when the Fps is lower than 10, which is, almost always.

well exept on desert island  sad_o.gif

join the club.

if i get 13 fps its a got damn miracle

RAM is holding me back. 256 megs.... RAMBUS none the less... which is rare.. and expensive. $300 just to upgrade to 512... cheapest i could find was $250 for a 512 set.

so im waitin til i have a full time job and im goin alienware... im not spending that much money when i could put it toward a whole new system

Physics, colision detection, damage models, paper walls and clipping, the oceans of death, better lighting, some a.i. tweaks, more stable performance with higher detailed units, the usual stuff we keep saying we want in OPF2 wink_o.gif .

so im waitin til i have a full time job and im goin alienware...

OT but read the technical reviews before you choose a gaming PC. You might be able to spend a lot less for similar performance and better support. I've been warned here on the forums about AW's lousy support. I like PC Magazine's reviews on such systems but that's my own preference.

so im waitin til i have a full time job and im goin alienware...

OT but read the technical reviews before you choose a gaming PC. You might be able to spend a lot less for similar performance and better support. I've been warned here on the forums about AW's lousy support. I like PC Magazine's reviews on such systems but that's my own preference.

i applogise for getting off topic...

AW possess' a uniqe and wonderful cooling system.. yes i know i can buy 14 million cooling kits.. but i like the sound of the AW one the most.

as far as support.. yea they got one year in home support default. u gotta pay for anymore then that... i honestly dont care, becuz by the time i purche the PC, ill be in the middle of my first of 2 years of Computer & Network Service Technican. so who needs tech support... when you, yourself are a tech support guy (or girl if it were u)? wink_o.gif

besides $1700 isnt that expensive for a new computer. considering everything you get "by default"

@General Barron

Is that "nigglies" collection something to do with the work actually made in the upcoming new version of ECP ?  

Or is this just something thought for a far away future version wink_o.gif ?

For the most part, just collecting a list of little things to fix in some later version. Mainly because I was making a little list of my own, and I decided to ask other people as well. smile_o.gif

Autocenter in planes and choppers.

Ammo-bug

That you can run at full speed without slowing down when tired if you strafe at the same time (maybe needs an explanation.. If you sprint you get tired after a while and you run slower, if you strafe at the same time as you sprint you never slow down).

If a radiomessage is playing your orders must wait. I have missed many targets because my AI-gunner get my order too late...

If a radiomessage is playing your orders must wait. I have missed many targets because my AI-gunner get my order too late...

I think that most OFP players have learned that you can never trust the AI. When I have to hold a village for example, I always give orders to my men to board machine guns, or take postions. They always get shot after they shot three enemies by themselves.

It would be better if you have a map, with all kinds of signs, where you can select a soldier for example, and drag a "Defend" waypoint to a house. A bit like Close Combat.

I'd like to see machine guns have a suppressive effect on the enemy. It seems like current MGs focus on engaging point targets rather than suppressing area targets.

I'd like to see machine guns have a suppressive effect on the enemy. It seems like current MGs focus on engaging point targets rather than suppressing area targets.

I'm not sure if it is possible at all because current AI are real men. They dont afraid to die. They just follow their orders the best way they can. I'm showing them respect. biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

The secondary weapon proxy; any launcher sticks way to high over your head, moving even further up when you kneel.

AI can see through bushes / trees. I think they can anyhows.

Quote[/b] ]sea of death

As you've all highlighted there is a lot of stuff.

I still think the game is the best one arround.

1) BMP1 firing sabot!!!!

Generally sabot and HEAT are unforgivably and embarrassingly modelled and configged.

Sabot is shot that pokes holes in things and doesn't explode in itself. AI should use it against AFVs. HEAT (and HESH for us that use it) is 'shell' - primarily AT but the HE bit is what's used against soft[er] targets, so AI should use it that way too. Tracer on main gun rounds would be nice.

1a) BMP1 specifically, the 76mm 'gun' is not much more than a tube-launced RPG - slow, inaccurate and weedy. It's too powerful in game. Sabot is not an option.

2) Tank rates of fire ought to reflect the differences between 'human' and autoloaders (unmodelled loaders don't worry me too much, that's a reasonable compromise). Typically, ammo loads are/were 60/40-ish split HEAT/Sabot

3) Carl Gustavs are not guided missiles, they're not even missiles - it's a recoilless gun.

4) Suppression, or lack thereof - couldn't soldier units be modelled with an invisible halo around them that AI could 'see' and 'target'; hits on the halo producing a reaction but no damage?

5) Trenches - flogged this dead horse on OFPEC but so necessary IMO to take advantage of what OFP can do.

6) Clipping and collision detection.

7) Linked AI skill and accuracy - would be nice to have intelligent AI who can't shoot too straight.

8) Unbuttoned AFV crews engagable by AI infantry.

9) AFV weapon/armour modelling

10) Grenades too powerful and 'impact' fused.

11) Hit/Indirecthit effects configurable separately from damage values.

12) One-shot LAWs that throw themselves away.

13) Means of rearming and also redistributing ammo within a group. Ammo for section weapons can then be spread around.

14) Loss of night vision simulated at night? And off-centre-vision for serious anoraks.

15) Voices seems to carry a bit too far.

16) The default minimum engagement time is too long (20 secs for infantry) This seems to be one of the biggest factors in the rather final natuire of OFP firefights. I believe that threat priorities are reassessed after this period - if it was shorter we'd have moore inconclusive and inaccurate (thus realistic) engagements as AI would tend to snapshoot at many targets instead of concentrating on one while his mates shoot back.

That'll do for tonight. Believe it or not, there's more thing's I'd keep in OFP than change! Most of the above just strike me as achievable within the framework of what we've got.

Pretty much everybody here has said what was on my mind during the game.

However, maybe their next game the interface can be a little more attractive. The current interface is alright, but it could be better with a smoother transaction.

unclesam.gif

Oooooh and have rag doll effects please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a must! If you shoot them at different angles they should fall according to physics.

EXAMPLE:

If you have a helicopter and are blasting them with bullets/mm, their bodies should basicly explode (body parts, yes gruesome a bit but must since this is war) due to the fire rate and sheer strength of a larger bullet/ammunition.

Same goes for sniping enemies. Their bodies should fall appropiately according to a real shot. The physical appearance after a sniping shot should be accounted as well.

PLEASE DO THIS ON THE NEXT VERSION!!!! unclesam.gif