Sign in to follow this  
Locke@Germany

New Addon

btw:material settings for CSLA units is already done in CSLA mod 2.03,which will be released soon.

Well this is simply wonderful.It is subtle but not so much you cant see what your missing without it!It has made the game have a lot more depth in my eyes.Because the changes are not smack bang in your face at first like water reflections, I feel this has been sadly overlooked, I hope more people will get this great mod.I cant wait to see what any updates will bring!Great job. smile_o.gif

@Placebo & Pappy Boyington

Thanks for the mirriors ...

I'm still working on adding new textures from most of the WW2 and NAM addons out there.

Also some feedback would be apreciated, since this was only a beta i would like to know what materials should be changed or which are looking too unrealistic.

Locke@Germany

well i use CSLA and HYK stuff in Y2K3

perhaps you look over the Y2K3 mod and include your special texture fx to those addons as well, IE: "combat"'s vehicles and sigmas tanks

would be a nice touch for Y2K3ers smile_o.gif

perhaps you look over the Y2K3 mod and include your special texture fx to those addons as well, IE: "combat"'s vehicles and sigmas tanks

would be a nice touch for Y2K3ers  smile_o.gif

CSLA MOD 2 is already supported, but will probably removed due to the anoucement that they are using materials in their upcomming release.

The Bradley & M113 Pack's are also supported in this release,

Combat!'s new vehicles like their HMMWV's will be included in the next version.

would be a nice touch for Y2K3ers  smile_o.gif

CSLA MOD 2 is already supported, but will probably removed due to the anoucement that they are using materials in their upcomming release.

The Bradley & M113 Pack's are also supported in this release,

Combat!'s new vehicles like their HMMWV's will be included in the next version.

ahh errr please leave the CSLA ones in there.. atleast the URAL, BMP 1 and 2, Mi24, Mi17 and UAZ. since Y2K3 uses those vehicles.. but ive 'hacked' the pbo down to just those models and textures needed for Y2K3

actualy.. if its not too much trouble. id like to PM you with a list of addons Y2K3 uses and would u kindly look over the list and see about making a specific Y2K3 related texture material pbo? i know a couple hundred people that wouldnt mind it wink_o.gif if its not too much trouble smile_o.gif

actualy.. if its not too much trouble. id like to PM you with a list of addons Y2K3 uses and would u kindly look over the list and see about making a specific Y2K3 related texture material pbo? i know a couple hundred people that wouldnt mind it  wink_o.gif if its not too much trouble  smile_o.gif

Go ahead...

Got plenty of free time the next weeks, so it shouldn'd be "too much trouble"

sent the PM.

as i said in the PM not ALL those addons are vehicles in need of this feature. that just happens to be a list of all required addons for Y2K3

would be easier if u just downlaoded and installed Y2K3 (you know you want to wink_o.gif ) to gain acess to all the PBO files

not entirely sure how this whole thing works.. but if some addons like INQ's M113 (used the M163 for Y2K3) and his HTTV which are 'locked' and u cant gain acess contact me via messenger and i can unlock them for ya smile_o.gif get you whatever u need

would be easier if u just downlaoded and installed Y2K3 (you know you want to  wink_o.gif ) to gain acess to all the PBO files

not entirely sure how this whole thing works.. but if some addons like INQ's M113 (used the M163 for Y2K3) and his HTTV which are 'locked' and u cant gain acess contact me via messenger and i can unlock them for ya  smile_o.gif get you whatever u need

since i've still got that crappy 56K modem of mine it rather unlikely i'm going to download the whole modification

About those "looked addons", you remenber this thread ?:

Open looked addons

would be easier if u just downlaoded and installed Y2K3 (you know you want to  wink_o.gif ) to gain acess to all the PBO files

not entirely sure how this whole thing works.. but if some addons like INQ's M113 (used the M163 for Y2K3) and his HTTV which are 'locked' and u cant gain acess contact me via messenger and i can unlock them for ya  smile_o.gif get you whatever u need

since i've still got that crappy 56K modem of mine it rather unlikely i'm going to download the whole modification

About those "looked addons", you remenber this thread ?:

Open looked addons

yup. wasnt sure if ya knew about it. and i wasnt about ready to go post hunting tounge_o.gif

smile_o.gif

well hey your in germany i assume from your user name... as soon as i hear back from burns who hears back from gamestar u can pick it up on disk in one of thier upcoming issues wink_o.gif

*|note to self: ask burns about whats goin on with that|*

This is very impressive, the light reflection from the machineguns and stuff look really good now, is this efect possible to achieve in other light sources too rock.gif , like light poles in towns and stuff like that? I would really like to see the BIS lighting improved somewhat.

Good Job Locke@germany, thank you smile_o.gif .

nice release, been waiting for something like that a little longer now  smile_o.gif

thx to lupus too  smile_o.gif

never seen the lupus file before.

But I can't get it to work crazy_o.gif

Even when I try to use the standard BIS RES without any addon except for the material addon (both lupus one and the new one). Even with alt-tabbing I don't get any new effect. Do I need hardware T&L or something like that turned on??

@Cpt. FrostBite

To my knowledge you need Hardware T&L turned on in order to make the materials work and since i also didn't had any clue about the materials from Lupus[WD] till i've released my own i assume it might be better to use only one, either mine or Lupus file, just becouse there are many textures that he had already defined in his file which are now also defined whithin my material library but with different properties on them.  

@Heatseeker

the "reflections" are influenced by any lightsource ingame, fires, lightposts and explosions ...

ok

btw, I meant 'or' and not 'and'. I didn't use the two files together. The T&L clears things up. I really need a better rig. Especially now HL2 is out.

Ver good addon, though. Keep up the good work for the guys that do have T&L. I'll just keep drooling over the pictures untill I have enough money for a new rig tounge_o.gif

..i assume it might be better to use only one, either mine or Lupus file, just becouse there are many textures that he had already defined in his file which are now also defined whithin my material library but with different properties on them.  ..

damn.. now i got to find the pbo i stuffed the first materials.hpp into and reedit it crazy_o.gif

that´s no complaint, i just dislike myself now for hiding the bad bad materials in some addon i can´t remember tounge_o.gif

Guys if you liked that mod, don't forget to check out the version Lupus made too.His is also excellent and I believe covers a wider range of things.(I could be wrong)Get it off his site, link at bottom, and click on the custom material bit at bottom also alot of screenies to show u.One question to you though Lupus, any plans on updating the ALT+TAB bug as that would be excellent!Hmm it seems the only problem now is which light one to use! biggrin_o.gif

Link for Lupus light addon.

I have GF4 card, T&L on and did not see any difference, tried both versions. mad_o.gif

Did you try alt+tab? I found this problem on both of the addons.To check if its working what I did was go into mission editor loaded up a helicopter and a motorbike and just shined the lights on the bike towards the helicopter nose you can see a difference at the way the light hits the nose.Hope this helps.