Sign in to follow this  
Wachtmeester

9 new ground textures by me

Hello all,

Working on my new Island for Lowland Warrior I found that I wanted some other textures then the ones in ofp. So thanks to google, photoshop and the tutorial from comrade in arms, I made 9 textures with lot's of transitions. I wanted them to be available for everyone, so here the are. Place the .pbo in your preffered addons folder. For Island creators; un-pbo the file and... well you probably know what to do with it. If you find any error's please let me know.

HotShot has mirrored the file, big thanks!

New textures

O, here is a pic of the 9 textures:

3397Allinone.jpg

At a transfer rate of 1.2 KB/sec, I can't wait around for over 3 hours to download a copy and then mirror it.

Freewebs! crazy_o.gif

I'm yet to test them, but i like making islands, so i'm sure these will come in handy at some point, as they look good.

Mirror here.

Nice!

Does the ground actually look like that in the 2nd picture or has someone just made a really big patio? crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif

i think there should be more blends between the different textures and blends witht he old CWC islands..

I'm working on that, at least on the resistance textures. This allows you to use a great variation between the textures.

I'll also update my own pack because the dry earth textures are a little repetitive, which doesn't look nice from the air. And I noticed that some beach transition textures are lighter then others.

So bear with me for an update, because there is some time involved in it. tounge_o.gif .

Cheers,

Wouter

Well, it's a real picture, and the planet is big. tounge_o.gif Anyway, it's a picture of rock with patches of grass on it.

Avon lives in isreal so she only knows about sand and dust. Witht he fine weather in her country why would she even want to go near that god-forsaken ever-rainy UK  wink_o.gif (edit; I live in the Netherlands, so I know what you are going through in the UK)

Good textures Wachtmeester.

Although the 'Africa' texture could be improved. It's very easy yot spot that the texture is copied all over the island. The texture has a few very dark lines and some darker areas that stand out. This attracts attention and makes the world look 'tiled' when using this texture.

These things should be removed from the texture, so you can't really tell that the island is tiled and the ground look random.

Well, the textures are nice. But if you want to make a nice island, I think you can't use just one texture on it! It would really look weird. rock.gif Anyway, good work.

The gray and green rock texture seems very weird. rock.gif

What do you mean?

It doesn't look like anything I've seen - at least not on this planet. blues.gif

I like that texture, gives moutains a more rugged feel then BIS textures IMO, it's the yellowy texture that i find odd.

The gray and green rock texture seems very weird. rock.gif

Alot of cliffsides look like that around here. The moss really likes the tiny holes in the rock-face.

Good job Wachtmeester(sp?) very nice that you are giving it out to the public to use smile_o.gif