Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Skyscraper Pack

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I for one won't be downloading this addon. You don't have to have a degree in international relations to figure out what most people will be doing with it the second it's downloaded  sad_o.gif
rock.gif how about a Spanish train set, a collection of western embassys, some russian schools, tourist restaurants and the pentagon?

I cant see any good use for this addon and so I wonder if it was made in the best of taste. However I agree with wizzywig - war as a game is in bad taste so anyone who plays OFP can not speak against this addon without being somewhat hypiocritical

You guys are free to do that, but that wasn't his intent in making the buildings.  He did it as a tribute.

Already 'THEY' can put mines on roads and have Humvees or Abrams drive over them, they can sniper civilians in parking lots with civilian cars around, fire stingers into airliners, the list goes on...

For me, I appreaciate the buildings.  At least someone REMEMBERS a day that should never be forgotten.  I think it would be well for us to be periodically reminded, to see pictures of bodies falling as victims lept to their deaths rather than be burnt.  We need to confront the fact that there IS evil in this world that can't be negotiated with.

I have no control over what some hateful souls might do with these buildings.  But, it's their issue, and they will live with the consequences of living that kind of life.  When I see those buildings, my heart goes back to THAT day, THOSE images, and remembers.

Then I'll break out the mission editor with the different units that represent America's response...

That link is stupid.

"Chief of Staff Andrew Card came over and whispered in Bush's ear, "A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack." What did the Commander in Chief do? Nothing. He sat there. He sat for well over 5 minutes, doing nothing while 3,000 people were dying and the attacks were still in progress."

He makes it seem like Bush is so horrible.

As for the white house, maybey. I really am not sure what exactly I want to be making. Only major structures and a few custom ones of my own.

Politics do not belong in this thread, keep ontopic please smile_o.gif

If anyone mentions politics or Bush or anything beginning with B (or P) I will have to ban SpecOp9 as a lesson to you all wink_o.gif

When you make the interior be sure to put on the 84th floor of the North Tower an office with a sign that says "Apartments Illustrated" on the front door.

Looks cool...I guess...but why build it for ofp? Doens't make any sense what so ever.....

Who is going to build a new york?

~Bmg

Looks cool...I guess...but why build it for ofp?  Doens't make any sense what so ever.....

~Bmg

this is a pack of buildings for you to use for your own use this might get people to compleat the project with a full NY or just have it as a part of a island. Still a Great idear maybe needs some work with it but it will be cool to test and play with

If he downloaded it, it's not from me.  I never uploaded or gave the addon to anybody yet.

And Placebo you better be kidding, that's a retarded moderating decision tounge_o.gif

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I for one won't be downloading this addon. You don't have to have a degree in international relations to figure out what most people will be doing with it the second it's downloaded  sad_o.gif
rock.gif how about a Spanish train set, a collection of western embassys, some russian schools, tourist restaurants and the pentagon?

I cant see any good use for this addon and so I wonder if it was made in the best of taste. However I agree with wizzywig - war as a game is in bad taste so anyone who plays OFP can not speak against this addon without being somewhat hypiocritical

You guys are free to do that, but that wasn't his intent in making the buildings.  He did it as a tribute.

Already 'THEY' can put mines on roads and have Humvees or Abrams drive over them, they can sniper civilians in parking lots with civilian cars around, fire stingers into airliners, the list goes on...

For me, I appreaciate the buildings.  At least someone REMEMBERS a day that should never be forgotten.  I think it would be well for us to be periodically reminded, to see pictures of bodies falling as victims lept to their deaths rather than be burnt.  We need to confront the fact that there IS evil in this world that can't be negotiated with.

I have no control over what some hateful souls might do with these buildings.  But, it's their issue, and they will live with the consequences of living that kind of life.  When I see those buildings, my heart goes back to THAT day, THOSE images, and remembers.

Then I'll break out the mission editor with the different units that represent America's response...

i hope this doesnt count as polotics....

but the fact of the matter is. . .no country (minus those that attacked it) is unaffected by this tragidy. if you recall it was the WORLD Trade Center ok 3000 people died in those attacks. but. . .how many of them were german? swedish? polish? or how about english? perhaps some from canada? or how about japan, china, and india.

how soon we forget that it wasnt just Americans that were killed. it was members from all countries. it happend on our soil yes. but it was people from nearly all nations that were killed in that attack.

and if this is such a "horrible addon" for a "War game" then lets all start droping LGBs on that WWII memeorial addon.

blow up some of the british WWII memorial graves while your at it. thier in a war game too.

oh and since this is a "War game" ill just tell klink to scrap the fishin boats and police launch. their jsut civi stuff that has no place in a war game right?

this isnt a "War Game" anymore. this is a "Real Life Simulator" this is the cloest u will get to virtual reality without the $9000 suit and gloves

look there will always be one or two idiots out there that are gonna play Mr Terrorist. and if/when they post thier overly rude, and highly un-educated picture of them pretending to be a terrorist. . .a mod will delete the photo, and my guess is warn them x3 or ban if they are ticked enough

raise your hands. how many of you "accidently" tested the armor of the church building in OFP be "mis droping" 8 LGBs?

how many of you shot the civilian model the first time u saw it in the editor? just cuz it was there?

how many of you got fed up with "where are you" from your AI teammate. or the infamous "2 board car" which is a foot away from him "2, cant get there" and u get fed up and clip him.

fact is people do this shit. every last one of us has done SOMETHING like it. ill admit. i tested the church in morton on everon to see at what dammage level it would be destroyed. it wouldnt. i was curious. im not in a religous war. i dont hate god. i just wanted to see what would happen with the building. but i know at least 5 people personaly who randomly shoot civilians cuz they where there.

and ive done the AI killing cuz they pissed me off. but im not a "Self hater" i dont hate my own country's army. AI just pissed me off.

people do this shit out of spite, ange, or just cuz they think its funny. those who think its funny... annoy me... when they do it and post a picture in a public place thats the fine line between "annoying" and "asshole" and the Mods here have enough sense on how to take care of "assholes" smile_o.gif

i think this addon would be a nice tribute to that infamous day. and for those who can transform boring in game shots to near real life masterpeices. then this addon will make its worth while.

you know specop9 i wouldnt mind a second rendition of this addon which just the spot lights that leave a ghost image of what was during the night time smile_o.gif

Looks cool...I guess...but why build it for ofp?  Doens't make any sense what so ever.....

~Bmg

this is a pack of buildings for you to use for your own use this might get people to compleat the project with a full NY or just have it as a part of a island. Still a Great idear maybe needs some work with it but it will be cool to test and play with

on an island we could build a "mini-Yorkie" a minuture rendition of New York as the real thing would lag the best of us to hell and back tounge_o.gif

throw down some AGS and 3WX objects and you got yourself a perfectly self sustained island.

do NOT make the island 25x25 or whatever tonal was. those are not good for normal computers.

Well said Pappy, that shut everybody up biggrin_o.gif

I will try and make a glowing render of the WTC just for the hell of it, would look nice.

An addon like this is bound to cause some unrest within the community, the bottom line is if it will offend you then do not download it no one is forcing anyone to get it.

I think it's great that people want to make the WTC as an addon, whenever i see the skyline of NYC i always feel a little saddened but whats missing.

Anyway, about the addon itself. It would be great if you made the other buildings that made up the WTC and not just the towers themselves. If i remember correctly there were 7 building total that comprised the World Financial Center with the towers at the core.