Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

OK, people, i've decided to reconsider the contents of US helicopter pilots pack... it would include not only AH-64 pilots, but Army regular helicopter pilot and crew chief, Army attack heli pilot and weapons officer, Navy chopper pilot and 160th SOAR pilot and crew chief. There are already HGU-56P and IHADSS (the one pictured on the photos provided by DB-ERAUPilot... it seems to be the same basic IHADSS, only with different visor housing) helmets done, and i'm halfway through Naval SPH-3 helmet. SOAR seems to be wearing the same basic HGU-56P helmet, only in black and sporting some modifications (i.e. face shield, different battery pack and other small things), so it would not be hard to make it.

As for the vest, it seems that Airsave is being worn all over, so i'll make Airsave instead of the current vest. Thus, i'd like to ask a favor from all of you rotorheads (esp. Gatordev): if that's possible, could you please provide some pics of the Airsave and some distinct gear pieces that are used by Naval chopper pilots?

definately good news Laser, looks like we'll finally get some high quality pilots to fit with all these helo addons biggrin_o.gif

OK, people, i've decided to reconsider the contents of US helicopter pilots pack... it would include not only AH-64 pilots, but Army regular helicopter pilot and crew chief, Army attack heli pilot and weapons officer, Navy chopper pilot and 160th SOAR pilot and crew chief. There are already HGU-56P and IHADSS (the one pictured on the photos provided by DB-ERAUPilot... it seems to be the same basic IHADSS, only with different visor housing) helmets done, and i'm halfway through Naval SPH-3 helmet. SOAR seems to be wearing the same basic HGU-56P helmet, only in black and sporting some modifications (i.e. face shield, different battery pack and other small things), so it would not be hard to make it.

As for the vest, it seems that Airsave is being worn all over, so i'll make Airsave instead of the current vest. Thus, i'd like to ask a favor from all of you rotorheads (esp. Gatordev): if that's possible, could you please provide some pics of the Airsave and some distinct gear pieces that are used by Naval chopper pilots?

What??!?! All that and no Marine rotorheads with their MARPAT camo covers on their flight helemts??? tounge2.gif Just messing with ya, that's great that you are expanding your aviation pack.

Remember, skids are for kids tounge2.gif

Laser,

I'll see what I can do. I just need to find my vest burried in a room full of moving boxes right now. Great news, btw. One thing, though. The US Navy doesn't use the SPH-3 anymore. We use the HGU-84. I actually have to take mine in today to get it fitted for some other gear, so I won't have it to take any pics of for a bit, but I might have one or two already if you need it.

Sounds good LSR! New chopper pilots would be very nice. Since Franze and NodUnit released fantasitic Apache's and have at least two other birds in progress (kiowa and blackhawk) this pilot-pack is certainly gonna be used.

Quote[/b] ]SOAR seems to be wearing the same basic HGU-56P helmet, only in black and sporting some modifications (i.e. face shield, different battery pack and other small things)
Those 'faceshields' are just for the gunners most of the time. It's to protect the microphone against the wind and stuff, so that they can actually communicate. I'm not sure, but I think these same faceshield will eventually be supplied to every gunner, including normal units.

Note that even a private company like Blackwater has equiped their littlebird crews with these helmets with faceshield.

dwf1511433412id.jpg

Makes them look like imperial Tie-fighter pilots  rofl.gif

http://www.gentexcorp.com/PDFfiles/MFS.pdf

Sounds good LSR! New chopper pilots would be very nice. Since Franze and NodUnit released fantasitic Apache's and have at least two other birds in progress (kiowa and blackhawk) this pilot-pack is certainly gonna be used.

mad_o.gif

Whats wrong with you Kyle? Ya seem a bit mad at that comment.

Dun get so upset man it was just a bit of competition and all that matters is that people got a new apache and they enjoy it,thats all that matters right? That people enjoy it.

Glad ta hear that your extending the pilot range out Laser,this means no more overuse of the BAS pilots,finally.

And he still is makin em for ya now isn't he? I mean we didn't send him an e-mail askin for em,somebody said that they would use em with the apache's,no biggie.

And he still is makin em for ya now isn't he? I mean we didn't send him an e-mail askin for em,somebody said that they would use em with the apache's,no biggie.

mad_o.gif

Traitor that I didn't want to make another retextured bis apache? I saw an apache out there,much more real and I went for it,I offered you to join but you didn't,besides you were going to quit it anyway,recall? You were going to send it to Marfy to try to get it back on its feet,I pretty much saw it dead and left and aside from that you were working on the nam troops,there was no use in stayin there,ya just werent committed enough to the project,I'm sorry but I prefer a team that really devote their time,all that talk of it being hard to apply the textures....whew oh man that was a laugh when I found out all I had to do was overwrite the textures,ya shoulda swallowed your pride and accepted the model when Franze first offered it.

Traitor that I didn't want to make another retextured bis apache? I saw an apache out there,much more real and I went for it,I offered you to join but you didn't,besides you were going to quit it anyway,recall? You were going to send it to Marfy to try to get it back on its feet,I pretty much saw it dead and left and aside from that you were working on the nam troops,there was no use in stayin there,ya just werent committed enough to the project,I'm sorry but I prefer a team that really devote their time,all that talk of it being hard to apply the textures....whew oh man that was a laugh when I found out all I had to do was overwrite the textures,ya shoulda swallowed your pride and accepted the model when Franze first offered it.

Actually no I don't recall... huh.gif But what the hell, I am comitted to this thing, but I couldn't finish the first one because it was a mess. And applying textures is different than replacing them, and your textures were just the BIS ones with different shades of color on them, you never created any new textures... mad_o.gif

Oooooo did you just accuse me of stealing bis textures and putting them on this apache? Sorry bud maybe you should take a run ingame and see for yourself just how wrong you wrong.

Yes I did make them different shades which is another reason I quit in the first place,I didnt get the motivated feel enough to do em,besides in this whole experiences I'v learned how to apply and make my own textures.

http://img103.exs.cx/img103/4361/ah64dcockpit4zy.jpg this could have been my future but no I took a different route,yes I remember my start http://img188.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img188ℑ=greenapach3wd.jpg but so much has changed.

Yea well like I say to everyone I'm no modeller, and the only thing close to a high quality new apache was a retextured BIS one. Maybe I would have accepted Franze's offer if the textures were better. Ah screw this, I don't think OFP will ever see a high quality AH-64 addon, at least I tried working on one, all the other good addon makers simply ignored the apache, I gave it a try and even if it didn't work I still put everything I had into it... huh.gif

can't you two take your cat fight elsewhere? Strangly enough, some people are more interested in what Laser is doing, than you to whining at each other.

You tried and thats all that matters,you have some talents in scripting,nobody is perfect,nobody can do everything by themself,all I'm sayin is next time you see an opportunity,even if it looks bad go with it,if this http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/appph3.jpg can become this can be what it is today (cant post a pic cause its been a bit edited since last release) then who knows.

edit: Messiah's right,if ya want to have a fight just make topic and I'll be there but I don't look forward to it,my job here was to make a addon people will enjoy,I'm not out to steal your pilot maker he's still there doin his job,sit back,relax. icon_rolleyes.gif

can't you two take your cat fight elsewhere? Strangly enough, some people are more interested in what Laser is doing, than you to whining at each other.

Yeah no kiddin,take ya beetch fight somwhere else.

hey, sorry Kyle. It's tough world. units made by one addonmaker are only used untill someone release something better. Life is hard, deal with it.

Your Apache is also very good and was the first apache pack I used to replace the BIS apache in missions. I just think the new ones made by Franze and Nodunit are a bit better.

A bit? there completely new and all around much improved than any apache ofp has seen yet and probably ever will see,i sure hope they do some more helicopters.

A bit? there completely new and all around much improved than any apache ofp has seen yet and probably ever will see,i sure hope they do some more helicopters.

Obviously you never saw mine...

Hey Laser, have you got any plans to make additional ground crew and whatnot? Or will that be the crew cheif?

I think you ought to look into making a FARP crew set, that would rock! smile_o.gif