Sign in to follow this  
.granQ.

SFP Range

yeah, you´re right....

add a pistol range (like 50m or so)

and improve whats already on the map

or check the map. a pistol range is there already.

I suggest making moduals, a major driving course range, a tank firing range. known distance rifle ranges. You never use all theses ranges at one time in real life.. You'll fall into the pit of trying to add everyting and never complete it cause they will request you to death..

yeah.. great idea... a bunch of different small islands...

so you can choose the apropriate island for whatever you´ll test smile_o.gif

dont need rifle fireing ranges when you test a tank ;)

Yes, that's not a bad idea.

I'm in love with Zafana sense I downloaded it, and for such a little island it have alot of MP potencial, ideal for what I was about earlier to do with the beach.

@CERO.

lol, if you can make it so it pop out without the need for triggers, you'll be the man  blues.gif

I do that by creating a trigger West present, then on the on activation field I add

Quote[/b] ][t1] exec "\fig11\goUp.sqs"

and in the target init I add

Quote[/b] ]t1 addEventHandler ["hit", {[t1] exec "\fig11\goDown.sqs"; go1=true}]

Well, all I do its to modifie the sample mission that comes with the addon biggrin_o.gif

The problem is that you would have to make a trigger for every target and name every target and in the on activation fiel change the name of the target for every trigger, so if you can make a BIS one like you say it would be much better, actually, make two, one to pop out and get knoked down when hit, and another one to be up allready to use in the firing range that gets knoked down when hit.

That would be nice.

Regards.

@CERO.

yea i tested and it works. i gotta play with the script cuz ive never messed with this stuff before so the definitions are new to me. but as it stands right now, when u start out the target is "destroyed" so that its laying down, and it pops up when your standin right on top of it biggrin_o.gif i gotta figure out the range numbers for closest target and then it should work perfectly.

once i get the range numbers ill do a 5m, 10m, 15m, and 25m check. so there will be 4 differnt pop up targets for differnt distances.

the pop up targets will take 1 hit to kill.

sniper range targets (always up/respawn) take one hit to practice with differnt sniper rifels. pop bck up after 5 seconds.

rifle range targets will take 4 bulltes from a standerd BIS M16 round to kill to practic multipul /consecutive hits.

granQ i would like to reitterate my idea to send them to u when finished and u release them with the new island, or do u want me to release them seperate? smile_o.gif

I have been making a largish mission on this island which really is designed for SP moderen weapons and vehicle experience really. Not much of a test, but I am hoping, when it is done of course (if it works) to use your paintball area with the MILES stuff. (See MILES thread)

But the one thing i think it is missing is like someone said eairlier, a rolling tank course, thats is longer and more vertical biggrin_o.gif lol. Just a bit more bumpy would be good really. Or a sudden drop (a-la the canyon bit of malden, to the west by the beach)

dont hold your breath on the miles stuff. althou i have great expectations in getting the script working along with the custom ammo and weapons stuff. i fear it may take a little longer then the orginal thought of 24 hours crazy_o.gif

plus im still waiting for the rest of those invovled to contact me to work out a one time mod.

right now if i can get OFP to read this script right the pop up targets will be ready shortly then i can work more on the miles config, but it will be moot without the others help in aquiring the models and such, or my sending them the config.

It would be nice to have bouth sides weapons inbolved, not just West, so there would be more paintballing missions in OFP and more people playing them.

I found it a bit complicated to edit the BIS paintball mission call "reall paintball", to do with the cut escenes, I have the rest sorted, but I think I'm gonna have to make the intros myselfe sad_o.gif

If we can use a sistem like the one you guys are on about it would be alot easyer to make missions like that, you would see more missions, getting people more interested in playing them aswell.

@CERO.

Well granades are not functionaling with miles, grenades are simulated by, small explosive devices that are like flashbangs. A cadre follows the action with a 'god gun' and determines if it is a kill or not and shoots the players to trip their miles.

Mostly for the M16, M60, M240, M249, M47 Dragon Viper which was something that predated the AT-4, too exspensive to replace it with an AT-4 model. 50Cal, heavy machine gun. and the stinger.

Armored vehicles had there own kits, the sensore strips, and main gun simulators, and the CPU and strobe lights.

lets not jack this pretty thread about the best damn island ive seen in ages! and leave the miles stuff to the miles thread

great news thou!!!! just got done testing and with the help of mr zig on the script. i now have 4 differnt automatic popup targets. one that pops up at 5m, 10m, 15m, and 25m.

working on a readme, and a "demo mission" on this island. smile_o.gif

this mission will merely feature some empty vehicals for you to test set up targets on sniper, rifel, and pistol ranges, and a cqb targets in a house and a yard to the south of the airport. for people to test.

PS: Y2K3 uses will find this particualry fun sinc eht ehumvee does better offroad and such but will use onyl default, non-y2k3 units so everyone can play it smile_o.gif

brb while i make it

ok im making the release post here rather then a new topic as i hope the creator of this possitivly perfect island would be as so kind as to include it in his next release, since he has hinted at a future installment of the island.

Quote[/b] ]Range Targets by Pappy Boyington.

Types:

Rifle & Pistol Range Targets

Sniper Range Targets

Kill-House Targets in 5,10,15, and 25m sensors.

General Info:

*Model-Texture by BIS

*Script for pop-up targets by Mr Zig.

*Script for Respawn Targets by Pappy Boyington

*Config by Pappy Boyington.

*Found Under- Empty> Range Objects> (target name)

*** Rifle and Pistol ***

Rifle and Pistol Range targets take several shots to kill

Respawn- 5 Seconds

*** Sniper ***

Sniper Range targets take 1 shot to kill

Respawn- 5 Seconds

*** Pop-Up Target ***

Pop-Up Targets take 1 shot to kill

Comes in 4 Types.

5m = Target pops up when you are 5m or closer

10m = Target pops up when you are 10m or closer

15m = Target pops up when you are 15m or closer

25m = Target pops up when you are 15m or closer

Pappy Boyington's Range Targets

i ask only one this of this target, that you dont tell me what i did, and didnt do right. what should and shouldnt have been done. i did this for the mere fact that it needed done.

but, i am willing to allow anyone to modify the pbo and config to include a new target model / texture or even use the script for thier own. please give credit where credit is due. the respawn script is mine, the pop-up script is Mr Zig's.

Enjoy smile_o.gif

Kinda busy with my true project (the swedish forces addons), and of couse work. But will try to make a some small updates and sure will include your mission, kinda pointless with a island without missions ;)

For paintball area i was working on some addons too, by making a real small grenade launcher (in code) that didn't go to fast and didn't explode, then i changed the model from a 40 mm grenade to a red "paintball". Was also gonna make soldier models that only could be hit in the head (since thats the only thing that counts if I am correct).

But time isn't always enough, maybe could have that for the next version.

well for the mission you need the targets addon (which is included) tounge_o.gif

seriously thou its a great island and really does have the "Training" feel to it. not just a wanna be "oh hey this is a cool island for training yea" it really has some real feling to it. add in the respawn/pop up targets and u have yourself the perfect training place.

oh by the way i know you said u didnt want to do names, but in the mission i used markers to name the areas would suggest that IF you do name anything that the suggested feilds of the mission should suffice. just so you can find your way around the map smile_o.gif of course after you play it a bit you know where everything is.

small note about the pop up targets. they will work once for each player. so if bob goes thru kill house and kills all the targets, and then jon goes thru the kill house the targets will pop back up for him.

this was a mistake on my part forgetting to set the thing to run on server only, but then i realized its actualy perfect/better this way because now each player can take their turn in the kill house and not have to restart the mission each time smile_o.gif

if you are on a listening server (user hosted MP) then whoever the server/host shoudl go last, once the server/host activates the script, the script is done.

tested your mission (had to depbo it and such, missing addon)..

anyway, liked your markers and but still don't really want to make names on the map.

The off road track really needs some better markerings i agree and i need make small "ramps", or more like bumps..

tested your mission (had to depbo it and such, missing addon)..

anyway, liked your markers and but still don't really want to make names on the map.

The off road track really needs some better markerings i agree and i need make small "ramps", or more like bumps..

rzn_pilot. my bad i thought i deleted all needed addons out i missed that one in teh sqm. i applogise sad_o.gif

Now, that's what I call a little addition, I clik download and before I toke my finger away from the return key it was downloaded.

I'll try that tonight, I got to go to work in a bit.

Thanks guys.

@CERO.

its updated (the mision) i forgot the rzn_pilot was still in teh addons list (unused addon)

"bis_resistance",

"range",

"rangetarget",

"HMMWV",

"LaserGuided",

"Bradley",

"editorupdate102"

is all that is needed now. all BIS addons (cept eu)

Now, that's what I call a little addition, I clik download and before I toke my finger away from the return key it was downloaded.

I'll try that tonight, I got to go to work in a bit.

Thanks guys.

@CERO.

couple scripts, one small config. thats all it is. its the BIS target model and texture smile_o.gif

9kb counting the mission included tounge_o.gif

Well I hope the first island will be retained. its pefect for beta testing addons. The update be a seperate pbo to not overwrite the old island. Seeing its initial usage is going to be ruined for community messing round..