Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

World cup 2004

@ Sep. 10 2004,21:39)]Yesssssss take that US M***********S

rock.gif

What's up with that?

Well, it's sports we're talking about.

It's not about the victory, but seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing lamentation of their women biggrin_o.gif

bananadance.gif

Heh, well put, but I think you dudes are taking your hockey a little too seriously wink_o.gif

And what I meant about the NHLers is that we can't see 'em play, but you will - I know your leagues are already awesome.

VICTORY!

Outstanding game "Lions"!

Good spirited fight that brought those 'older chaps' to their knees ;) This was so nail-biting it was almost unbearable to watch, hopefully I will survive that final on tuesday night somehow...

Surprisingly clean game though it was tight, couple of brawls and Koivu being sticked in the ass while going to the bench that got him also penalty and a tripping on almost breakaway situation with no penalty given. And some wrestling by Jason Blake. Elbowing by berg in the end made this match really dramatic but despite worst fears it ended up nicely. I was fearing that audience still was going to rally them with terryfying 'USA! USA!' cheers in the end as earlier in the game when players instantly electrified into action after hearing it.

It was spectacular game despite some uneventful broken gameplay sometimes on 1st and 2nd period. Tactically looked quite mature game by the Finnish team as puck control seemed more restrained and risk-avoiding than usual. And most remarkably: more physical game by the Finns than I've seen for ages. They went in with a rought attitude. Some spectacular saves by Kiprusoff especially. USA's 1st line was great but Finnish 1st line was mostly uninspired for the first 2 periods. Jokinen's line with T.Ruutu was unarguably best and really fought fiercly for the puck. Good show though it seemed the US team flashed it's remarkable 'carousel' only a few times and were pretty stiff overall and somewhat lacked the hunger. Anyway great game - now onwards to finals!  unclesam.gif

Agreed, even though USA lost i still enjoyed watching the game, it was the first one of the tourney that the team who scored first didnt win. I am looking forward to the last 2 games as well although Canada looks like an unstoppable beast. 4-0 15GF - 3GA thats impressive.

The Czechs did a great game and they propably deserved a win. The referees were quite biased in the end of the game but it's World Cup/Canada Cup so that's what it has always been.

Let's see what Finland can do against Canada.. Noone expects them to beat Canada in Canada with Canadian referees so they got nothing to loose.

Quote[/b] ]The referees were quite biased in the end of the game but it's World Cup/Canada Cup so that's what it has always been.

Noone expects them to beat Canada in Canada with Canadian referees so they got nothing to loose.

Isn't that what "flame-baiting" is?

<span style='color:red'>Go Canada smile_o.gif</span>

I thought it was a american refferie? But damn Canadian... Finns don´t have a chance.

More than you do. blues.gif

Sweden left last week, humiliated. But Im certain that Canada will win, but I hope that Finnland looses smile_o.gif

/edit Changed from wins to looses after seeing an avtar

But Im certain that Canada will win, but I hope that Finnland does smile_o.gif

Take a closer look at EiZei's avatar tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The referees were quite biased in the end of the game but it's World Cup/Canada Cup so that's what it has always been.

Noone expects them to beat Canada in Canada with Canadian referees so they got nothing to loose.

Isn't that what "flame-baiting" is?

<span style='color:red'>Go Canada smile_o.gif</span>

You have to be blind not to see it.. It's not as bad as it used to be when Soviet was on top but the Canadians were allowed to do almost anything in the end of the game against the Czechs. The world cup is a NHL production and it's unthinkable with a final without Canada.

Yep that´s it, well second place is also a very good achievement.

@ Sep. 15 2004,04:02)]Yep that´s it, well second place is also a very good achievement.

Yes as at least five teams had better players than Finland. It was just Germany I felt that Finland should beat for sure. But they were so close so I'm not gonna go and celebrate the second place. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You have to be blind not to see it.. It's not as bad as it used to be when Soviet was on top but the Canadians were allowed to do almost anything in the end of the game against the Czechs. The world cup is a NHL production and it's unthinkable with a final without Canada.

Shit man, cool it.

Canada is a great team, obviously *one* of the best.

The final game was a good one though, close.

smile_o.gif

Well, it looked to me like Canada had the superior players, that's all I can say. tounge_o.gif

It's for the better, Hockey really is everything to Cannucks. Finland I am sure is quite happy with second place. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You have to be blind not to see it.. It's not as bad as it used to be when Soviet was on top but the Canadians were allowed to do almost anything in the end of the game against the Czechs. The world cup is a NHL production and it's unthinkable with a final without Canada.

Shit man, cool it.

Canada is a great team, obviously *one* of the best.

The final game was a good one though, close.

smile_o.gif

Yes they are for sure the best team and without a team as good as Soviet they shouldn't need any advantages. They could put up two teams and go all the way to the finals with both of them.

Quote[/b] ]It's for the better, Hockey really is everything to Cannucks. Finland I am sure is quite happy with second place.

I think it's just Canada and Finland were hockey is the biggest sport so we had the right teams in the final.