Sign in to follow this  
MiG2003

FML_Research Complex version 1.0

Lol yeah, we need cientist.

Can somebody post a pic, the one posted by Mig its not working.

Thanks.

@CERO.

what did not work on you cheyenne mountain, something with the objects or a basement problem

Quote[/b] ]Lol yeah, we need cientist.

Can somebody post a pic, the one posted by Mig its not working.

Thanks.

@CERO.

Are you talking about this two mad guys @CERO tounge_o.gif

scientists.jpg

Quote[/b] ]what did not work on you cheyenne mountain, something with the objects or a basement problem

The fact is that it was a big addon inside of a moutain. I've started to do it but i soon face several kinds of problems i could not fix like AI behaviour on the complex, the mountain outside itself. It wasn't like i want, player and AI were falling all the time and die. The geometry didn't work cause of the size of the addon, real too complicated. I have decided not to invest time on an addon that could not work (sorry for my bad english tounge_o.gif )

Okey dokey... Now the pics are working biggrin_o.gif

I haven't seen them jet, yes something like that, actually, they will do very well biggrin_o.gif

Are they included?

I can't download, well, I don't want to download anything right now cos I'm off to bed before my missus smack my bum, and I just realized 5 minutes ago that a reinstall of OFP would do me some good crazy_o.gif I messed it up a bit too much lately I think.

Thanks Mig, U Da Man, gosh, I sound like a teeny crazy_o.gif

@CERO.

nice job there, mig.

Something u may wanna take note perhaps?

Soldier firing thru the roofs - possible cause - no roof geometry. U will need a roof geometry, i know Brsseb's tutorial say no need, but the soldiers will shoot thru the roof if there is no collision object.

Soldier falling thru stairs - u'll need a roadway LOD as well as a pathway LOD for the stairs. Without a roadway LOD, soldier will slip thru the stairs cos no walking surface.

Soldier firing thru walls - not only must u find components, u will need to component convex hull on the walls and roofs for Geometry LOD..otherwise there will be no bullet collision detection.

Ai paths must also run in sequence, eg..in1,in2, pos1, pos2, pos3 and cannot be pos1, pos4, pos5, pos8, etc...it will confuse the AI. Also u must have a view geometry of your building cos AI sees the layout of your building in this LOD. Without it, it will bump his way thru the interior.

Building size:- take note that if your building is more than 100m length, only certain parts will have GEO lod working. Safest and surest way to ensure GeoLod working is to keep the building below70m length, cos sometimes ranges of 70 -100m, geolod is only a probability and not an exact science.

This would be good for cutsences/intros/outro

But ill wait for when the bugs are worked out in a later version.

tounge_o.gif gr8 addon it reminds me kind of the base from stargate(it would be so kl to have a stargate for flashpoint(how do u get the ai to move about the buliding?

Quick! Someone make a Black Mesa mission! biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Hey Mr. Freedman , catch me later i'll buyu you a beer!

Nice ghetto stolen sounds from hl smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]nice job there, mig.

Something u may wanna take note perhaps?

Soldier firing thru the roofs - possible cause - no roof geometry. U will need a roof geometry, i know Brsseb's tutorial say no need, but the soldiers will shoot thru the roof if there is no collision object.

Soldier falling thru stairs - u'll need a roadway LOD as well as a pathway LOD for the stairs. Without a roadway LOD, soldier will slip thru the stairs cos no walking surface.

Soldier firing thru walls - not only must u find components, u will need to component convex hull on the walls and roofs for Geometry LOD..otherwise there will be no bullet collision detection.

Ai paths must also run in sequence, eg..in1,in2, pos1, pos2, pos3 and cannot be pos1, pos4, pos5, pos8, etc...it will confuse the AI. Also u must have a view geometry of your building cos AI sees the layout of your building in this LOD. Without it, it will bump his way thru the interior.

Building size:- take note that if your building is more than 100m length, only certain parts will have GEO lod working. Safest and surest way to ensure GeoLod working is to keep the building below70m length, cos sometimes ranges of 70 -100m, geolod is only a probability and not an exact science.

Thanks Philcommando, this base was strongly inspired, mainly in the animations by your excellent PCHQIgor.

I've read your post very carefully and i think that most of the aspects you point were respected in the addon, (if you want i can send you a MLOD copy or you can open it yourself using ODOL_Explorer and check, np). I just binarize it to reduce file size. I didn't check it yet but i think that i forgot to place some components in the geometry and view geometry lod. Never heard about using the component convex hull with geometry lod but with the fire geometry lod but you might be right, and it could works. I didn't add fire geometry lod to the addon so geometry lod takes that function. Thanks for the tip Philcommando

wink_o.gif

Hi MIG2003 :-)

Maybe next bug:

If you are inside HQ Building >>> you can't shot down men. rock.gif

.. but great work !!!

fighter

smile_o.gif

Im wondering if the secret part could be added as well. Perhaps the true entrance to it is a switch in the office, which when pressed, opens up the door? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hi MIG2003 :-)

Maybe next bug:

If you are inside HQ Building >>> you can't shot down men.

.. but great work !!!

fighter

Thanks Fighter, i'll check that bug too, and next version will be clear of bugs, i hope wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think it should come with the scientists.  i downloaded it and didn't find them.

Sorry, but the scientists are in another pack  smile_o.gif  

Check   this topic  wink_o.gif