Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

Questions on unified zombie mod

Ok, that SORTA solved it - When I use "HARD" mode, there appears to be a 50% chance the humans will ressurect - I was basing my troubleshooting off of the manual, which states that humans will have that ressurection on "Medium", and ALWAYS ressurect on Hard.

This mod appears to need some work...

i want the zombies not to attack me until im a few meters away. The zombie leaders name is zombie1. i created a trigger around the zombies whioch is activbated by WEST. in the On activation i have

[] exec "zombieattack1.sqs"

in the sqs file i have zombie1 GblAllTargets = [p1]

but the message i get is that [#] gblalltargets = [p1] is not legal

How can i make zombies attack when im near? I dont want the whole city empty before i get there...

i want the zombies not to attack me until im a few meters away. The zombie leaders name is zombie1. i created a trigger around the zombies whioch is activbated by WEST. in the On activation i have

How can i make zombies attack when im near? I dont want the whole city empty before i get there...

what? well, if you know how to get the zombies to eat you the normal way you can make a trigger that createunits the zombies once activated..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"ZombieExwoman2" Createunit [getpos T1,group zgrp1,"newSold=this",0.5,"PRIVATE"]

creates a zombie near a logic/trigger called T1

and you need 1 zombie placed on an island far away (so it wont be killed) with

group zgrp1 = this

in his init field...

(to spawn other kind of zombie you can replace

ZombieExwoman2

with things like ZombieEx3 or other numbers...)

thx. i try that. but once i have gblalltargets set, wont the zombies on the island run towards me while im very far away?

thx. i try that. but once i have gblalltargets set, wont the zombies on the island run towards me while im very far away?

not if you put them on another island/lock them up somewhere wink_o.gif

what? well, if you know how to get the zombies to eat you the normal way you can make a trigger that createunits the zombies once activated..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"ZombieExwoman2" Createunit [getpos T1,group zgrp1,"newSold=this",0.5,"PRIVATE"]

creates a zombie near a logic/trigger called T1

and you need 1 zombie placed on an island far away (so it wont be killed) with

group zgrp1 = this

in his init field...

(to spawn other kind of zombie you can replace

ZombieExwoman2

with things like ZombieEx3 or other numbers...)

i get the message

group zgrp1|#|= this': unkown operaotr

i put

"group zgrp1 = this" in the initialisation field of zombie women 3 (without quotes). when i only put zgrp1 = this in it it doens do error but doesnt spawn any.

i have a trigger called T1 with in it's on activation bar ..

"ZombieExwoman2" Createunit [getpos T1,group zgrp1,"newSold=this",0.5,"PRIVATE"]

What do i do wrong?

Ok, that SORTA solved it - When I use "HARD" mode, there appears to be a 50% chance the humans will ressurect - I was basing my troubleshooting off of the manual, which states that humans will have that ressurection on "Medium", and ALWAYS ressurect on Hard.

You and I seem to have had the same problem. Specifically, I wanted humans to resurrect as zombies EVERY time, but I didn't want zombies to come back to life after they were killed, so simply putting a Hard Game Logic down wasn't cutting it. After two days of messing with this mod I've determined something that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread or the doccumentation; the Difficulty Game Logics will always override any gbl variables you specify after the fact.

For example, if I put a Hard Game Logic down, and then put another Game Logic in to try to specify gblIndestructibleZombies=0(to make them stay dead), it will not work as long as that Hard Game Logic is set down because it seems to supercede any other commands I use. I'm not sure if there is a way to change this, I haven't been able to determine that there is.

So, the solution I've found is to do away with the Difficulty Game Logics and just put a normal Game Logic down and set all my gbl variables in it's init line as follow:

gblAllTargets = units grp1;gblIndestructibleZombies=0; gblInitDone=1; gblZombieDamage = 1;(#1-My target group, #2-Makes it so zombies will stay dead when killed #3 The almighty gblInitDone which you need to specify to begin activity, not sure if I have to put this in or not but since it works I'm keeping it #4-Zombie damage output, to kill with 1 hit)

Then, I set down a Zombie Mod Resurrect Dead Targets Game Logic and put these variables in:

gblHumanResProbability = 1; gblHumanResrWait = 2;(the first will ensure EVERY human resurrects as a Zombie, the second will make them wait 2 seconds before doing so)

Finally, I set down a Zombie Mod Resurrection Daemon Game Logic.

All of these together do exactly what I need them to do - Zombies attack the group(s) I specify, kill them in one hit, stay dead when killed and any humans they kill ressurect EVERY time.

I'm not sure if some of the GL's I'm using are redundant, but this works perfectly. Hope this helps some of the other frustrated people out there trying for the same thing. If anyone sees a problem with anything I've specified please let me know.

You and I seem to have had the same problem. Specifically, I wanted humans to resurrect as zombies EVERY time, but I didn't want zombies to come back to life after they were killed, so simply putting a Hard Game Logic down wasn't cutting it. After two days of messing with this mod I've determined something that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread or the doccumentation; the Difficulty Game Logics will always override any gbl variables you specify after the fact.

For example, if I put a Hard Game Logic down, and then put another Game Logic in to try to specify gblIndestructibleZombies=0(to make them stay dead), it will not work as long as that Hard Game Logic is set down because it seems to supercede any other commands I use. I'm not sure if there is a way to change this, I haven't been able to determine that there is.

So, the solution I've found is to do away with the Difficulty Game Logics and just put a normal Game Logic down and set all my gbl variables in it's init line as follow:

gblAllTargets = units grp1;gblIndestructibleZombies=0; gblInitDone=1; gblZombieDamage = 1;(#1-My target group, #2-Makes it so zombies will stay dead when killed #3 The almighty gblInitDone which you need to specify to begin activity, not sure if I have to put this in or not but since it works I'm keeping it #4-Zombie damage output, to kill with 1 hit)

Then, I set down a Zombie Mod Resurrect Dead Targets Game Logic and put these variables in:

gblHumanResProbability = 1; gblHumanResrWait = 2;(the first will ensure EVERY human resurrects as a Zombie, the second will make them wait 2 seconds before doing so)

All of these together do exactly what I need them to do - Zombies attack the group(s) I specify, kill them in one hit, stay dead when killed and any humans they kill ressurect EVERY time.

I'm not sure if some of the GL's I'm using are redundant, but this works perfectly. Hope this helps some of the other frustrated people out there trying for the same thing. If anyone sees a problem with anything I've specified please let me know.

You dont need all that logics to get what you want, just need one. I've noticed also that dead bodies and resurrect time is too short, that turns the mission a bit unrealistic. Paste this code to a regular game logic and try it wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gblalltargets = place_here_yourgroup_name; gblIndestructibleZombies=0; gblInitDone=1; gblZombieDamage = 1;gblHumanResProbability = 1; gblHumanResrWait = 10;gblZombieDelPause = 50; [] exec {\zombiescripts\initresurrect.sqs}

Thanks, that works great!

By the way, as an OFP player/mission maker since the day it came out, I must say that this is one of the BEST mods I've ever had the pleasure of using....keep up the good work guys and know that it is greatly appreciated.

You sir, are a god amongst men. Thank you.

well,maybe not so much.

Ok, so I'm using that single game logic trick, and I've greated a group of two civilians, named "grope" (yeah yeah I'm uncreative), and a single zombie.

The zombie will attack the first civilian, who, after being attacked and chewed upon, vanishes, never to be seen again. The zombie then attacks the second civilian, and will continue eating him for eternity without end. second civilian never vanishes, period, and zombie never stops eating him. I have a Zombie Ressurection Daemon logic in the game as well, to no avail.

Any help? what am I missing?

well,maybe not so much.

Ok, so I'm using that single game logic trick,  and I've greated a group of two civilians, named "grope" (yeah yeah I'm uncreative), and a single zombie.

The zombie will attack the first civilian, who, after being attacked and chewed upon, vanishes, never to be seen again.  The zombie then attacks the second civilian, and will continue eating him for eternity without end.  second civilian never vanishes, period, and zombie never stops eating him. I have a Zombie Ressurection Daemon logic in the game as well, to no avail.

Any help? what am I missing?

Make sure you are using the stable scripts pack: Get it Here

Now try this mission, i mean paste this into a sqm file

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"scottt_tough_zombies",

"bis_resistance"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"ScottT_Tough_Zombies"

};

randomSeed=11463171;

class Intel

{

};

class Groups

{

items=3;

class Item0

{

side="WEST";

class Vehicles

{

items=4;

class Item0

{

position[]={9729.663086,29.834999,3893.085938};

id=0;

side="WEST";

vehicle="SoldierWB";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

init="deadmeat = group this";

};

class Item1

{

position[]={9762.794922,29.692465,3828.745117};

id=2;

side="WEST";

vehicle="SoldierWB";

skill=0.600000;

health=0.900000;

ammo=0.000000;

};

class Item2

{

position[]={9666.302734,29.834999,3866.524902};

id=3;

side="WEST";

vehicle="SoldierWB";

skill=0.600000;

ammo=0.000000;

};

class Item3

{

position[]={9816.702148,26.730000,3892.125732};

id=4;

side="WEST";

vehicle="SoldierWB";

skill=0.600000;

ammo=0.000000;

};

};

};

class Item1

{

side="LOGIC";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={9689.202148,29.834999,3928.258057};

id=1;

side="LOGIC";

vehicle="Logic";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

init="gblalltargets = units deadmeat; gblIndestructibleZombies=0; gblInitDone=1; gblZombieDamage = 1;gblHumanResProbability = 1; gblHumanResrWait = 10;gblZombieDelPause = 50; [] exec {\zombiescripts\initresurrect.sqs}";

};

};

};

class Item2

{

side="EAST";

class Vehicles

{

items=9;

class Item0

{

position[]={9693.746094,29.834999,3800.464600};

id=5;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieEx1";

leader=1;

rank="LIEUTNANT";

skill=0.600000;

};

class Item1

{

position[]={9685.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=6;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieEx2";

rank="SERGEANT";

skill=0.466667;

};

class Item2

{

position[]={9687.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=7;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieEx3";

rank="SERGEANT";

skill=0.466667;

};

class Item3

{

position[]={9689.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=8;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieEx4";

rank="CORPORAL";

skill=0.333333;

};

class Item4

{

position[]={9691.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=9;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieEx5";

rank="CORPORAL";

skill=0.333333;

};

class Item5

{

position[]={9693.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=10;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieExWoman1";

rank="CORPORAL";

skill=0.333333;

};

class Item6

{

position[]={9695.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=11;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieEx6";

skill=0.200000;

};

class Item7

{

position[]={9697.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=12;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieExWoman2";

skill=0.200000;

};

class Item8

{

position[]={9699.746094,29.834999,3797.464600};

id=13;

side="EAST";

vehicle="ZombieEx7";

skill=0.200000;

};

};

};

};

};

class Intro

{

randomSeed=12713987;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroWin

{

randomSeed=5922307;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroLoose

{

randomSeed=10694147;

class Intel

{

};

};

Hope it solves your prob wink_o.gif

That worked - just downloading the STable Scripts thing fixed it. Thankee much. smile_o.gif

That worked - just downloading the STable Scripts thing fixed it. Thankee much. smile_o.gif

Glad to know that you solved your prob m8 smile_o.gif

Hey guys biggrin_o.gif

With my sudden return back on the OFP scene and mission making i encounterd an unsuall proplem!

In one my missions im a useing a simple trigger to detect when all east units in the trigger are gone it activates. But it seems the zombies (on east side) do not activate triggers set on Activation 'East' not present. or any other form of trigger activation that involves East (present,not present,etc..). I did some testing and it seems the only time a trigger is activated by the zombies is when the Activation is set on 'Anybody'. Which is not very useful for my trigger as i have civillians in the trigger radius that need to not activate the trigger, just the zombies.

I presume this is somthing related to the addon its self. Most properly in the way that the config for the zombies is written. Then again im not very experienced at addon making.

Any way i hope this can be fixed in next release, or maybe some clever mission scripting might solve proplem.

Also if you was woundering these zombies are Spawned. so grouping them to the trigger in the editor is out the question.

Hey guys  biggrin_o.gif

With my sudden return back on the OFP scene and mission making i encounterd an unsuall proplem!

In one my missions im a useing a simple trigger to detect when all east units in the trigger are gone it activates. But it seems the zombies (on east side) do not activate triggers set on Activation 'East' not present. or any other form of trigger activation that involves East (present,not present,etc..). I did some testing and it seems the only time a trigger is activated by the zombies is when the Activation is set on 'Anybody'. Which is not very useful for my trigger as i have civillians in the trigger radius that need to not activate the trigger, just the zombies.

I presume this is somthing related to the addon its self. Most properly in the way that the config for the zombies is written. Then again im not very experienced at addon making.

Any way i hope this can be fixed in next release, or maybe some clever mission scripting might solve proplem.

Also if you was woundering these zombies are Spawned. so grouping them to the trigger in the editor is out the question.

That's real wird! I'll check wink_o.gif

Same prob here D.murphy man. Can't understand what causes it sad_o.gif

is this mod finished now mig?  sad_o.gif

No sir, it has resurrected itself....

I'm back. wink_o.gif

This sounds great. I'd love to give it a try. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any working links for the mod and its updates. I checked the website, but the ofpcentral.com download links are down for me. Does anyone have a working link?