Sign in to follow this  
Gordy

SPC 6.8 and stuff

Ok, I am not quite sure this link will work. First time to use this.

This is sth I did on the way while doing a serious weapon pack for GROM - Polish Special Forces. Many thing used are a part of Operation Carrot mod and made by me.

It has not beed fully tested so things may go wrong (I don't think so, but...).

Here is read me:

Courtesy of Polish Modification of Operation Flashpoint - operation Carrot.

http://www.flashpoint.pl/om/

Weapons for US SF

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance addon

Requirements:

- Laser Delta,

- OFP at least 1.96

Usage:

Extract the .pbo file into your OFP Addons or Res\Addons folder.

This Addon adds:

Several weapons for US Laser Deltas

Find it under:

- SFOD-D - 1st -> Operator (GDY...)

weapons:                     mag:

GDY_M4SPC6_8             GDY_SPCmag

GDY_M4eotech              GDY_M4mag

GDY_M4acog

GDY_M42acog

GDY_M4m68

bugs:

- really don't know

- pics in the gear field don't show up (Who knows why?)

- LODS are not optimized (not sure how)

CREDITS AND THANKS (in no particular order):

--------------------------------------------

- Bohemia Interactive Studio for producing one hell of a game we still enjoy;

- King Homer for his outstanding bipod and mag texture - Thank You

- BAS for letting me use their cool Eotech sight

- Mr Burns and Pathy for cracking the config for me

- Laser for his Deltas - They deserve more publicity

- Kuba for testing

- Zoloq for excellent Eotech pics

- everybody at the forums for their feedback and support;

- all the military people from the forums that provided me with nessessary data and resources (pics, sound and tech data)

Enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it.

Should you choose to use parts of the addon or as a whole contact me at gordy@o2.pl

Test it and give your feedback. I hope it works fine. If not we'll fix it.

Link:

http://www.freewebtown.com/gordy/GDY_M4_fixed.rar

Gordy these M4s are really awesome. Just thought I'd mention a few things I caught while trying this pack out, the first unit (Operator) with the standard M4 w/Trijicon ACOG doesn't display the iron sight view (white screen). All of the icons for magazines are not present (assumed you knew that already) and the muzzle reports seemed a bit soft. But other than that these carbines look top notch. The iron sight views are especially nice, very different than E&S ones. I think both are great, and I really liked the Aimpoint with backup rear sight, that one looked really unique. Keep up the good work and thanks for this pack!

Gordy these M4s are really awesome.  Just thought I'd mention a few things I caught while trying this pack out, the first unit (Operator) with the standard M4 w/Trijicon ACOG doesn't display the iron sight view (white screen).  All of the icons for magazines are not present (assumed you knew that already) and the muzzle reports seemed a bit soft.  But other than that these carbines look top notch.  The iron sight views are especially nice, very different than E&S ones.  I think both are great, and I really liked the Aimpoint with backup rear sight, that one looked really unique.  Keep up the good work and thanks for this pack!

U don't see the acog view?

Strange

Pic?

Favour:

- I can see the acog, can anyone look into it and see WTF?

- Pics not showing up matter. Couldn't crack it up.

And more mirrors please.

I know Munk from OFP Central is working on mirror hard. Thank you Munk.

The Special Operations Command has a mirror to download Gordy's M4s. SOC supports Gordy and we really appreciate his contribution to the OFP community. This M4 pack looks great. You can download it from the link below. Also, more links are needed and appreciated.

SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND

Good job Gordy!

SOC-Monty

Excellent weapons gordy! The texturing on these things is really top notch. You did an excellent job on the modelling, not to mention, again, awesome textures. These weapons will be exellent additions to my missions-they are very well done. The ironsights are better than E&S ones too, IMO. However I have 2 suggestions (don't take these the wrong way)

-Sounds. To be honest, I really shouldn't be talking because I can honestly say I have no idea what an m4 sounds like IRL.However, I can say that the m4SPC sounds like someone turning on their car engine. I also felt that the m4 could have a little more "oomph" to it.

-Muzzle flash. It's too big and has black outlines around it.

Other than that, this weapon pack is a great download.

EDIT: looking into the missing sight, I get that too crazy_o.gif

Sorry to say, but I don't like them.

Muzzleflash looks highly unrealistic:

m4dingens1.jpg

Scoped view of muzzleflash while shooting:

m4dingens2.jpg

On one weapon I only get a completly white screen when toggle to scoped view.

And the textures of the weapons? Are they different from the one suchey and earl made? (I remember they said, those textures are not what they wanted to be final.)

---

Or is something going wrong with my ofp so I'm missing something?!

MfG Lee rock.gif

- Sound was recorder on the shooting range. Differrent M4s.

- Muzzle flash was a try out. I didn't like the default one. I have to tone it down.

- I don't know what is happening to acog view (It works for me) - I really need help here.

- textures are different from S&E believe me.

MFG Lee, you don't have to be sorry. One either likes it or not. We don't discuss the tastes here. One might like Volvo other BMW. That's life. wink_o.gif

To Lee

Its good to see that some people can still be professional with their criticism and comments. Post like yours are always welcome. I'm sure Gordy appreciates the feedback.

Thanks,

Monty

I checked the acog again.

From the pic I can say that there is sth wrong with the flash part of the view. Is the texture missing? Did it fail to binarize? Is the face wrong? Why I don't see the same thing?

Can anyone check in O2 how is the acog.p3d looking like?

Glad you got it out the door Gordy, good work! tounge_o.gif

I'll download when i have more time, the 56k is getting tired atm wink_o.gif

I'm sorry what I meant was the optic's view. All of the external views of the optic and carbine are present, just in the optics view for the first unit. Thanks

Not to bash your work in any way (of course, it could still use some improvement wink_o.gif ), but why does everyone insist on making the same addon over and over again? crazy_o.gif

There are so many good M4A1's already. It's just such a waste of time. The community is constantly remaking the same addons over and over again. With a little bit of coordination, we could have made just about every army in existence already.

I will agree that a lot of the same addons in the community are made by a lot of different people. For example, there are several SFOD-D and Ranger addons. However, each one of them brings something unique to the table. Gordy's M4s have scope views like no other, the sounds are different, etc. I think it's nice to have a variety of the same category of addon to choose from. If I want to play with Laser's Deltas one mission and BAS' the next, then that is a choice I am happy to have.

Monty

I said it once somewhere. Creating one thing (M4 in this case) provides us not only with variety of accessible models but gives room for healthy competition thus quality and functionality improvement. Many of the M4s u mention were created in the different era of army technology. It grows with us as is our awarness. Few years back there was M16 and M4.

Today, we have M4 in xxxx modifications effectivly used by military. M16 gave birth to M4, SPR, SPC and many other abreviations. Today a M4 weapon is a flexible military applicaton that is used specificaly for a single mission. That is what I want to achieve with this. Because this is just the beginning. OFP represents a reality of battlefield. Let them have the proper tools.  smile_o.gif

BTW, when (If) OFP2 comes out, you can exect some more, unless the army change their mind and start using XM8. So shall we.

Please, let's not argue about the M4 case here. Comment on the addon itself and/or help me deal with the issues.

are these

the m4s i saw at the ofp photography?

Looking pretty good! Although there are many M4 addons out there I have to say this is one of my favorite ones. I cannot wait to see more of your addons, especially GROM biggrin_o.gif

There is nothing against redoing an existing addon.

To the contrary, this is the reason why the quality of the addons has so much improved! And an addon that we found great only a year ago may seems outdated in comparaison of a recent work.

By playing with this game since it came out I have been amazed by the outstanding work of the addonmakers;their creativity and their talent for details is the reason why I still play this game. I would certainly never tell somebody that he (or she) is wrong to try to enhanced this game, but I would give them all my support and gratitude.

Good work, keep it up and thank you!

Great addon!

But I got a same error with Lee_H._Oswald.

Muzzle flash is same as him.

and "operator(GDY -M4)" scoped sight are completely

white in my pc screen.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Great addon!

But I got a same error with Lee_H._Oswald.

Muzzle flash is same as him.

and "operator(GDY -M4)" scoped sight are completely

white in my pc screen.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

That would be eotech.

This is what u should see.

holo.jpg

I have taken this now. No change in file.

rock.gif???