Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

VBS Eos for NA

I'd love to buy it but only if it doesn't contribute to the moneypot Bohemia Interactive Australia has already made off of 300+ normal Flashpoint players (300 • $105 = $31,500).

Now, in tactical situations, could I use this "SIMULATOR" (it's not a game guys, get it through your head, even though it's based off a game, it's a simulator and it is not supposed to be fun at all for anyone) to "SIMULATE" multiple assaults on both Coalescent and Bohemia Australia? Gee, I should start a terr... I mean, a club in the US that simulates assaults on towns and such! Woo!

(end rant, adds to cart on website)

Oh, another thing. Is my terrorist organization eligible to purchase this program with a quantity discount? Anyone?

Check out the Hardware aswell.I like the Console (MTC) setup an custom keyboard.I wonder if I could get this from the US.

mtc2-2.jpg

Hey, do I get that briefcase too? I could use it to conceal a bomb in.

Does Coalescant manufacture those? Those are actually pretty nice, cool case too. Reminds me of an ammunition can I was going to put this PC into.

I'd love to buy it but only if it doesn't contribute to the moneypot Bohemia Interactive Australia has already made off of 300+ normal Flashpoint players (300 • $105 = $31,500).

Gees...that doesn't even cover one employee for one year. Hardly a moneypot.... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Gees...that doesn't even cover one employee for one year. Hardly a moneypot....

And they've been paying these employees for at least a few years. Definitely not a moneypot.

Quote[/b] ]Gees...that doesn't even cover one employee for one year. Hardly a moneypot....

And they've been paying these employees for at least a few years. Definitely not a moneypot.

peolpe always loved to count money of other ones wink_o.gif

Man you think they would break you a deal. Get the core and we will give you 2 free cds crazy_o.gif

Or a demo mad_o.gif

Most of their income comes from the military and other organisations they work for and to wich VBS was designed to, being available to the public is problably just a way to advertise the VBS1 SIM, this stunt was just to help spread and possibly entend their presence in the sim market and amongst military organisations of more countrys/potential clients. Seems like a smart move, i hope they reach their goals has we may indirectly benefit from this in the future smile_o.gif .

May sound unfair to us BIS/OPF fans, for them it could be a way to keep them in business, its problably alot more complex than we think...

Out of curiosity does anyone know what Eos stands for rock.gif .

Hmmm.....Why is the ADF module available to the american public, but not the module of your own forces?

<span id='ME'><center>Ozanzac yells "Conspiracy theory", only to be jumped by an agent of the CIA and thrown into an inconspicuous white van!</center></span>

Can't sell your military secrets to your own public, but selling the secrets of your allies.....Perfectly reasonable! tounge_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Again coa systems think we "smaller" people will boost sales by nearly 70 percent thinking they an become millionares by the end of the year.BIS I really dont know what happened.

Damn its tempting but because my life demanding soo much I cant buy a thing and school is coming back in 1 week.

You would think they would give you a deal.

Hell they should atleast drop the price A BIT because we still dont get what the austrailians and europeans get.There all happy the united states didnt get VBS1 and when it did come out they said "well still you guys cant get it because you are restricted to half of the good stuff! Blah,proud owner of VBS1 and all official addons".I have a little bit of money but nothing too large just enough to maybe get the core.I am only 15 and I dont need to buying government priced products and my father said its basicaly not for sale anyway because its not at a normal store.Its on sale but they make it look like its only for rich people and ausies.

There is a Coalescent rep on the VBS resources forum. Contact him there with any questions or comments you may have about demos and profiteering.

Remember - this isn't a game. If you can't afford it you probably don't need it.

Its on sale but they make it look like its only for rich people and ausies.

Or, you can forget about the selfish wants of the "smaller" person (read casual gamer), and realise its on sale primarily to GOVERNMENT AGENCIES.

If VBS1 was meant for gamers, it'd be on sale in your local PC games shop for Å35/$50.

But its not.

For the love of god people, its not meant for us, so stop whinging about it being too expensive...

Well its the latest official release.wtf are we supposed to do?!

BIS wont talk.I would like to know whats going on.

And when you do buy it your going to call us OFPers dead and kicking a dead horse.Why do I think BIS are like the fans band.

Like pantera always willing to talk to the fans before leaving the stage.and then talk to some fans in the back who didnt talk to them then.because pantera didnt want to be different from the fans they wanted to entertain them and have fun.

But of course BIS is not the fans people.They gave us OFP and they think thats going to keep us put.

What do I do?

I go play OFP.and hope I dont come back to these forums with no OFP fans.

I dont think its going to last 2 more years.But thats just me a normal fan.

*watches black car park across the street* ghostface.gif

When has whining solved anything? As Deadmeat said - it's not a game, you don't need it, so don't buy it and go back to playing OFP like the rest of us who don't feel the need to bitch and moan about every little perceived injustice done in the name of video gaming.

Seriously. Stop complaining. It's not going to get you OFP2 any sooner.

BIS wont talk.I would like to know whats going on.

BIS don't have to talk, contrary to common conception, they don't owe us ANYTHING. Just because we may be hardcore fans, still doesnt mean they HAVE to talk to us, it doesnt mean they HAVE to provide us with patches to suit our every whim.

Also, I'd like to point out here, that VBS1 is entirely "run" by Bohemia Interactive AUSTRALIA. It has nothing whatsoever to do with BIS, thats why VBS discussion has been discouraged from these boards for so long. (that and the fact VBS is still not being sold as a "game")

Quote[/b] ]I dont think its going to last 2 more years.But thats just me a normal fan.

So what if OFP doesnt last 2 more years? There are other games, and there are plenty of other things for people to do.

Seriously, how big do you recon the remaining core of OFP fans is?

Just take a minute to think. When OFP first came out, it sold MILLIONS of copies. Do you seriously think that the few 1000 hardcore fans left are going to make that much of a difference to the OFP2 sales?

People will buy a game in the shop because of good reviews, or pretty graphics or whatever, NOT because of the 1000-strong diehard fanbase that remains.

Just think about it this way - for every email, pm and forum post you make to BIS asking about OFP2, it delays the release date by 5 minutes. Thats because someone has to spend time reading thos emails/posts/pm's, which means they're not working on OFP2.

Just chill out, play some OFP, or any other game for that matter. BIS will speak when they want to.

No I would like to rant some more about bullshit that you people see dont matter.I am saying I dont want OFP clans terning into VBS1 clans and leaving everyone in the dust.

If I dont need it.

Then thats ok I can sit down and play OFP.

Ok done ranting. wink_o.gif

Pity them, if they want to make VBS clans they can spend $150-500 on a video game. I bought OFP for $39.99. smile_o.gif

Man if VBS1 was 100 dollars and you got another cd for free i would probably buy it.

Also everyones top bitching about other people bitching. icon5.gif

Just take a minute to think. When OFP first came out, it sold MILLIONS of copies. Do you seriously think that the few 1000 hardcore fans left are going to make that much of a difference to the OFP2 sales?

People will buy a game in the shop because of good reviews, or pretty graphics or whatever, NOT because of the 1000-strong diehard fanbase that remains.

I'll have to disagree about the die hard fans. These fans keep up sites and generate addons, tools, missions etc. as well as spread the word about the game. Basically having these fans around as soon as OFP2 is hitting the shelves will create a slightly bigger hype and a much better and established community. It will be more attractive to new OFP players who have just purchased OFP2....

So it's not like this ~1000 you speak of do not count, they count a lot actually. smile_o.gif

VBS1 does not have 1 single thing that is not already out in the OFP community. You can't play campaigns with it and if you want to edit you will only get a small audience to appreciate your work.

Stick with our beloved OFP until OFP2 is out and don't fret over something thats not meant for individuals to have.

But that case looks pretty sweet, i wonder how hard it was to make it?