Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

VBS Eos for NA

well I might as well learn to model in the next year to keep you guys around.

Remember - this isn't a game. If you can't afford it you probably don't need it.

Er.. it is a game, people can do missions for it and play SP or MP, just like OPF. Just doesnt seem enough of a upgrade from OPF technicaly so i will keep OPF until OPF2 comes out.

But i am still curious to what Eos means? Has VBS1 Eos rock.gif . It should be compatible with international version right?

Remember - this isn't a game. If you can't afford it you probably don't need it.

Er.. it is a game, people can do missions for it and play SP or MP, just like OPF. Just doesnt seem enough of a upgrade from OPF technicaly so i will keep OPF until OPF2 comes out.

But i am still curious to what Eos means? Has VBS1 Eos rock.gif . It should be compatible with international version right?

VBS1 is a tactical training simulator that is meant for Military and Law Enforcement organizations as a training tool. It was never designed with the intent of making it a "game" or as an upgrade to OFP.

For more info on "Eos" click here

VBS1 is a tactical training simulator that is meant for Military and Law Enforcement organizations as a training tool. It was never designed with the intent of making it a "game" or as an upgrade to OFP.

Never? Maybe at first it was designed with the intent of making IL expantion, we dont really know wink_o.gif . What it is we all know is, its a build based on OPF engine with new scripting possibilities and nice looking models, just like OPF its more than a game or simulation, it is a engine that alows users to build terrains, addons and MP/SP missions for it.

Gameplay wise its no more sim than OPF, seems quite the same. Shares same limitations, colision det, a.i. physics, etc.

Core=OPF "tweaked" engine

modules= quality addon packs

Observer=spectating script

etc...

I think all the OPF fans would like to have it, unfortunetly its not afordable by most, but everyone that likes OPF would like to have VBS1 has they seem quite identical for the most part smile_o.gif .

It's not a game. There's no campaigns or missions to play, only the mission editor and some training missions.

If someone released a "game" without any missions, where you had to make them all yourself, I for one would not spend my hard-earned on it.

Bear in mind VBS was made by coalescent, not BIS or BIA (BIA who were doing IL in the first place IIRC)...Coalescent picked up OFP with the intention of doing a training simulator.

But go ahead and moan about the price of it and how BIS are stabbing us loyal fans in the back, it makes for amusing reading. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Bear in mind VBS was made by coalescent, not BIS or BIA

No, it was not. It is a cooperation between Coalescent and BIS, and on the BIS side the most work was done by BIA team, who did excellent work.

Still, it is not a game, which is something we already wrote here many times, and it is not priced as a game.

If anyone demands "official" information on this subject, it was published quite a long ago, and you can still find it on our Web site.

The coa consultant says you need a licence to buy and play the game.

Well that says its not a game VERY clearly.

Quote[/b] ]Bear in mind VBS was made by coalescent, not BIS or BIA

No, it was not. It is a cooperation between Coalescent and BIS, and on the BIS side the most work was done by BIA team, who did excellent work.

Still, it is not a game, which is something we already wrote here many times, and it is not priced as a game.

If anyone demands "official" information on this subject, it was published quite a long ago, and you can still find it on our Web site.

*Eats words tounge_o.gif

When VBS1 wasn't available in the US & Canada, people complained.

Now it is available people are complaining.

I don't get people, but what else is new? biggrin_o.gif

VBS1 has music. I think it's either mostly or entirely the same as the music in Flashpoint but I can't be bothered checking.

If you're thinking of buying VBS1 and money is even slightly an issue, take BIS' advice and don't. It's 85-95% the same thing as Flashpoint and to get the most out of it you will need to buy addon packs and spend a lot of time in the editor.

I got VBS1 instead of a bunch of lousy XBox games I would have been getting to pass the time.

When VBS1 wasn't available in the US & Canada, people complained.

Now it is available people are complaining.

I don't get people, but what else is new? biggrin_o.gif

VBS1 has music. I think it's either mostly or entirely the same as the music in Flashpoint but I can't be bothered checking.

If you're thinking of buying VBS1 and money is even slightly an issue, take BIS' advice and don't. It's 85-95% the same thing as Flashpoint and to get the most out of it you will need to buy addon packs and spend a lot of time in the editor.

I got VBS1 instead of a bunch of lousy XBox games I would have been getting to pass the time.

The tracks listed are the same names but the music is different and some tracks wont plat any music at all. Also, there are no voices in it as those are all professional voice actors that would have had to been paid if their voices are used in VBS1. Stick with OFP it has much more for us gamers in it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Stick with OFP it has much more for us gamers in it.

You don't have to be Kegetys to copy & paste some music/voice files and then add a little config wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Stick with OFP it has much more for us gamers in it.

You don't have to be Kegetys to copy & paste some music/voice files and then add a little config wink_o.gif .

But you do have to be a kegetys if you want to make a program that will decrypt the encrypted VBS1 pbo's.

(moderators: that sounds like borderline on rules... but imo it's no different than ofpr's encryption on o.pbo and people discussing upon it's release on how to crack it so i dont see why i cant say it)

Quote[/b] ]But you do have to be a kegetys if you want to make a program that will decrypt the encrypted VBS1 pbo's.

That doesn't have to do with the voices/music, unless you're trying to steal music from VBS1.

voices are in a pbo (ok i could be wrongbecause fdf just has it all foldered up). but configs are pboed...

Quote[/b] ]but configs are pboed...

It would be a seperate config, not a modification of the original VBS files. No decryption is necessary, unless BIA changed something as basic as a music definition, or if VBS doesn't read standard OFP PBOs.

Edit - The Curse Of The Edit Button!

Edit2 - And I'll test this theory as soon as I get VBS1 tounge_o.gif

I'm not sure how or why it has taken me this long to click this theory together, but considering FullSpectrumWarrior, is there more VBS-OFPxbox connections than maybe we are anticipating?

Economically, there is no IT overhead for xbox'ing. Just ship a crate of xbox's, and how hard is it to find a tv somewhere in the world?

key_command_unit.jpg

Anyway, my real question is is that keyboard layout available commercially? I didn't see any link in the webstore, and Ideazon doesn't have any listing either.

While discussion of VBS news is recently welcome on the forum, discussion of VBS internals is not. There are other forums dedicated to VBS supports and discussions.