ICBM upgrade

Pics:-

The real mc coy

02 created

Wish u are here mom! safest place on earth :-P

Download:-

www.geocities.com/philcommando/PCICBM.zip

Features:-

No scripts needed. Rocket can hit any target. Please read the readme file.

err...will i be jailed for copying Russian designed rockets??? I swear i did not copy anyone's green texture if u happen to see the same green in other addons! tounge_o.gif   Peace! Have fun!   wink_o.gif

Nice!

Doesn't Geocities have like a tiny bandwidth allowance?

Mirrored it just in case wink_o.gif

Mirror

Nice, will make for some good spec op missions combined with your command center thingy-maboben... smile_o.gif

In former USSR u would go to jail, in US u would win "Scrapheap Cahallange" trophy, of course if egg would survive wink_o.gif

Looks good smile_o.gif

nice smile_o.gif

please make a spatial rocket for West and East and make it possible to be sabotable tounge_o.gif

(i don't know if you understand "sabotage")

1) I couldn't define a trigger with an activation of:

yournamewatever Fire ["PC_ICBMLauncher"."PC_ICBMLauncher"]

2) Try throwing a hand grenade into the small room at the ICBM's base. tounge_o.gif

2) Try throwing a hand grenade into the small room at the ICBM's base.  tounge_o.gif

Lol, must be a safety feature to stop it falling into the wrong hands.... biggrin_o.gif

Ok Avon to launch.......name your icbm ....whatever name you want.....then insert that name in a trigger.

name Fire ["PC_ICBMLauncher","PC_ICBMLauncher"]

biggrin_o.gif

super_ruskie.jpg

The bastard survived and killed me aswell crazy_o.gif

Ok Avon to launch.......name your icbm ....whatever name you want.....then insert that name in a trigger.

name Fire ["PC_ICBMLauncher","PC_ICBMLauncher"]

biggrin_o.gif

That worked but it never came back down. It's still up there somewhere! crazy_o.gif

Yes, I named my target unit, a tank, unit1. Should that do the trick? rock.gif

Cool do the ICBM accually drop down on a target and nuke some one?

Well I named a Aircraft shelter unit1 and only placed it 1000 meters.....3 secs after I launched the ICBM....I was blown to hell....so I think it works....just need a good safe distance. In the readme it says 5 kilometer safe distance. He wasn't kidding lol

philcommando,

Is there any plans to make this multiplayer friendly? When me and Hit_Sqd_Zulu tried it out on his test server, there was no animation of the rocket blasting off. But if you try it in single player, in the map editor it works.

Thanks for your responses.

1. This is an experiment on adding features directly onto the config file instead of using scripts.

2. As we know, the eventhandler only acts on the local computer and not on servers, so the tradeoff for better features for single play vs fully scripted multiplay is a choice best left for the user. Plain english = this addon can only be used for single play!  tounge_o.gif

3. The firing upon targets are executed via a camcreate command built into the cpp file thru the 'fired' eventhandler. Once the player press command to fire, 4 things will happen simultaneously:-

a. the clasp holding the rocket ( as seen in SaturnV rockets) will open.

b. the main rocket will become invisible thru setobject texture and be replaced by a flaming rocket model shooting into space

c. A smoke grenade will explode to simulate the rocket exhaust.

d. a bomb will explode on an unit named unit1. This bomb is configured to simulate a nuke- anyunit within 3-5km ( not 300m or 500m- small squares in editor) on flat level ground will be anhilated. If  there is a hill between the target and ICBM, the destruct range will be shorter.

4. As mentioned in the readme file...all u need to do to destroy a target is to name it unit1 - anything that is on the ground, no need to use scripts or set up a trigger but for safety, place it 5km away to be safe unless u plan to destroy the ICBM site as well.

5. For remote firing, u only need to name the ICBM as perhaps tom and then on a trigger init:- tom Fire ["PC_ICBM", "PC_ICBM"]. Once fired, the eventhandler will take care of the rest as long as u have an unit named unit1 or u just want to see the rocket shot into the sky.

lol!..in short, name any unit to be destroyed 5km away as unit1 and fire away!  tounge_o.gif

For those who think this in nice..lol!..u are too kind, cos this is only slightly better than the rarely used ofp scuds!! I guess u aint seen the one by DKM..now that is really nice, even if it is just pics stage now! tounge_o.gif

PS:- for general info:-

1. Nukes on site are never armed for safety reasons and if accidents occurs, it will explode  only like any vehicle without any nuke spillage.

2. Nukes although proffessed to be aiming at certain countries, are actually targetted to fire into oceans for safety reasons.

3. But these safety conditions can be changed within seconds upon approval from the one who gives command. Have fun!

we need some WMDs that will wipe out Montignac, but not kill ya if your standing off watching through binoculars. These huge nukes while totally sweet, are just a tad bit to powerful to use during missions.

hehe..yeah, i agree its powerful..but on some missions, damn when things go very wrong and the enemy seems to be winning, i sure as hell wish i had a final option to gottermerang with the enemies. Thank heavens i aint a general cos i believe in 'better dead than red"! crazy_o.gif

not sure why it happens...could it be cos u are using it thru a MP server?

not sure why it happens...could it be cos u are using it thru a MP server?

Nope. Mission editor. Here's the relevant mission.sqm snippet:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Item1

{

side="EAST";

class Vehicles

{

items=2;

class Item0

{

position[]={1576.624268,23.900166,3521.272949};

special="FLY";

id=1;

side="EAST";

vehicle="PCsam";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

text="myicbm";

};

class Item1

{

position[]={1576.944824,23.572941,3512.730957};

id=3;

side="EAST";

vehicle="SoldierEB";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

skill=0.600000;

};

};

};

class Item2

{

side="WEST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={1143.151245,16.814993,4906.707031};

id=2;

side="WEST";

vehicle="M1Abrams";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

text="unit1";

};

};

};

};

class Sensors

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={1533.551147,24.818090,3476.307373};

a=500.000000;

b=500.000000;

activationBy="EAST";

age="UNKNOWN";

expActiv="myicbm Fire [""PC_ICBMLauncher"",""PC_ICBMLauncher""] ";

class Effects

{

};

};

};

For what it's worth, the mission is on Nogova.

From what i can see in the config:-

1. u have the icbm, named myicbm

2. u have an abrams named unit1

3. u have a East soldier somewhere on the ground.

4. u have a trigger to be activated by east side.

question is:- how is the trigger to be activated?

from the sqms it seem to be doing nothing - no radio, no waypoints, perhaps u can tell me more then i will try and see how i can help. I did a similar test ingame on Nogova and it seemed to work fine as i made the abrams enter the trigger area, activated by West instead.

another test u might wanna try perhaps just put it on desert island and named another tank unit1 and fire away?..a function test of sorts to see that the addon works before moving into missions?...I aint a Mr know it all, but i will help as far as i can. All the best. smile_o.gif

From what i can see in the config:-

1. u have the icbm, named myicbm

2. u have an abrams named unit1

3. u have a East soldier somewhere on the ground.

4. u have a trigger to be activated by east side.

question is:- how is the trigger to be activated?

from the sqms it seem to be doing nothing - no radio, no waypoints, perhaps u can tell me more then i will try and see how i can help. I did a similar test ingame on Nogova and it seemed to work fine as i made the abrams enter the trigger area, activated by West instead.

another test u might wanna try perhaps just put it on desert island and named another tank unit1 and fire away?..a function test of sorts to see that the addon works before moving into missions?...I aint a Mr know it all, but i will help as far as i can. All the best. smile_o.gif

Simple fact: trigger is activated by my presence. And it works because the ICBM launches.

I will play with a west activated trigger and see what happens.

I even started up OFP with no unofficial addons except for the ICBM in \RES\Addons. And I created a new but same simple mission on Everon. Same thing.

lol!..sorry avon, must be frustrating for u. In any case, if the rocket launches and the rest of the animation works with only the targetting not working and i hope not many have the same predicament, perhaps u might wanna try this code in the trigger too:-

PC_ICBM="PC_ICBM" Camcreate getPos unit2;

This code will make create a ICBM rocket with its overbearing destructive power to the enemy tank u named unit2. The trigger will look like that then:-

init:- myicbm Fire ["PC_ICBMLauncher"."PC_ICBMLauncher"]; PC_ICBM="PC_ICBM" Camcreate getPos unit2;

so when u step into the trigger, ICBM will auto launch into space and an explosion will occur on the unit marked unit2.

Do not use the name unit1 anymore as it might confuse the ICBM config.

I am sure u know the commands, no worries, i wrote it here so others who might  not know will benefit from it too. Thanks. Have err....a blast!!!  smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

PS:- Personally i would prefer the nuke blast created by other talented addonmakers released recently. Its more visually stunning than my err..thin air blast.