Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Jail break in Sweden

Update

One captured last night.

One captured in the morning.

One captured in the afternoon.

The cop killer Tony Olsson is still on the run.

Can you give us details? Where were they hiding? Were they armed? Any shooting? Will they take away their horseback riding priviledges? tounge_o.gif

The three captured were all hiding by a lake in the woods not too far away from each other, couple of 100's of meters maybe, also close to where the getaway car was found.

They're searching for the cop killer around the same lake too.

None of the first three were armed, at least no one shot. But I'm hoping Tony Olsson (the cop killer) will be armed so that the cops will have a reason to shoot the fucker. Grrr.

8dd199a3.jpg

Edit: Nope they weren't armed and they didn't really do much resistance to fight their capture. Some think they were "decoys" or something, to give Tony the chance to escape from the area. He's probably not even close to that lake. Don't know, we'll see.

Can you give us details? Where were they hiding? Were they armed? Any shooting? Will they take away their horseback riding priviledges? tounge_o.gif

459beb98.jpg

NYHETER-28s06dragareNY_368.jpg

1. They were hiding under a tree.

2. They were unaramed.

3. I think they'll be charged for taking two guards hostage when they did their escape. Probably it will also affect their future rights for unsupervised leave and stuff like that. Their horseback riding priviledges will most likely not be affected.

Anybody want to make a wager on how many more hours of freedom Tony Olsson has left?

Anybody want to make a wager on how many more hours of freedom Tony Olsson has left?

And the answer to that was some 18 hours. The last fugutive Tony Olsson has been captured.

He was trying to hide in a haystack at a farm house (sic!). He was armed, but didn't put up a fight and the capture was not dramatic.

Very nice job of the police.

And the answer to that was some 18 hours. The last fugutive Tony Olsson has been captured.

He was trying to hide in a haystack at a farm house (sic!). He was armed, but didn't put up a fight and the capture was not dramatic.

I was looking forward to a reenactment of James Cagney in the final scene of "White Heat".

white.jpg

"Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"

Jimmy Cagney turned into a red x? Freaky wow_o.gif

Jimmy Cagney turned into a red x? Freaky  wow_o.gif

It was that hot! wow_o.gif

I'll fix it faster than you can say "Yankee Doodle Dandy". unclesam.gif

that guy looks like he's only a kid.... err, where are his pants? rock.gif

Even convicts get lonely sometimes. wink_o.gif

Tony age 26 (1999)

Tony age 27 (2000)

He was most likely sleeping when the police approached, so he that's probably why he isn't wearing any pants.

Here's the police car that was shot at when Tony and his friends killed 2 cops in 1999, for which he's in jail:

malexbil.jpg

As I was growing up my dear Mama always used to say to me "Paul be sure to wear clean underwear each day in case you break out of prison and are recaptured in front of some cameras" smile_o.gif

Even convicts get lonely sometimes. wink_o.gif

And this convict has an internationally known lonely past.

Isn't it obvious?!

bef49e0e.jpg

0274.jpg

LMAO, this is becoming an epidemic:

New Jailbreak (Dagens Nyheter) (Swedish)

Three men broke into the prison in Norrtälje and set free three other guys. Armed with assault rifles, they cut open the fence surrounding the jail at the point where the three other guys were. They got into their getaway vehicle and well.. got away.

The criminals that were liberated are considered to be dangerous. One of them is convicted for firing a gun at two undercover police officers. One is convicted for attempted murder and for narcotics related crimes. The last one is convicted of armed robbery.

Anyway, I give them a max of 72 hours. They always get caught. There was one case a couple of years ago when a guy actually managed to keep out of sight for several months. In general however they get caught within hours or days.

Edit: One interesting thing is that the prison staff are in general not armed. They have a small number of lightly armed guards, but they are under strict orders not to interfere if they are outgunned.

Again?! where any police killed during the jail break?

Again?! where any police killed during the jail break?

No, of course not. Police killings are very rare. In the last 104 years a total of 30 cops have been killed in Sweden. All of the killings, except one have been resolved and the guilty party convicted.

well that's good at least, did the article mention anything else of interest in the article? anything about who the men where and why they were sprung from prison?

Yeah, they are pretty fast to get the pictures, names and sentences out in media (http://www.expressen.se/). One is considered dangerous, the other two potentially dangerous.

They were busted out by two friends armed with AK's. They drove a car through the main gate, then used power tools to cut through a fence. The three convicts were at the time idling in the prison kiosk area. Since the two guys breaking them out were armed with automatic weapons the guards retreated and called police. All five then got into a second vehicle and drove off.

Wonder if sweden now would be interested in buying ĺland for setting up a penal colony escape from new york-style. tounge_o.gif

He was most likely sleeping when the police approached, so he that's probably why he isn't wearing any pants.

Either he was sleeping or....well, you know rock.gif

I doubt they'll be killing or stealing more stuff after breaking out. After all it would only increase media attention and such and eventually screw them over...

Aside from the fact that they already got caught, criminals don't think that way, thats why they are criminals.

Only someone who is "Law Abiding" would think to lay low after escaping from jail, but then again if you are law abiding you wouldnt be in jail in the first place.

I think these lads will try to keep it cool to avoid being caught. And then when they have evaded capture for long enough (probably won't happen though) they will go back to their criminal ways.

Although I have to say criminals in Sweden seem alot "nicer" than in the US and other countries wow_o.gif

Doesnt quite work that way. They will be caught eventually, the police knows everything about them. There is literally no place to hide for any grater length of time. Thats why its all about getting out, doing a deed and then partying as much as you can until the cops come collect you.

And yes, most criminals are nicer than their US counterparts. With that said, some are still pretty evil buggers.