Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

My first addon Attempt, the M548...

I finally took time to dive into my O2 smile_o.gif

Im attempting the M548 Ammo Carrier

M548

Heres what I got so far Wish me luck biggrin_o.gif

My M548

good luck. this wouldnt be the easiest first addon. i made a crate. so far it looks promising. took me weeks to get buldozer running

Maybe you need a better diet...

Anyways, interesting idea! smile_o.gif

If you finally make it, I'll play with it. tounge_o.gif

CBT has made these already just not released yet if you just want one, if making it for shits and grins carry on..

Thats cool. Im just doing it to learn and because it looked like a semi easy vehicle to do. smile_o.gif

But I would like to compare the finished products to see what I did wrong and what not. If possible.

Click Me

Hah I just went to a Military museum today and saw a tracked vehicle just like it. Good job on the model so far.

Somebody finish one,

<it's the base chassis for the Chapperel ADA missile system, something lacking from Cold War scenarios>

I could really use some driver compartment shots and in the cargo bed if anyone can dig some up. biggrin_o.gif

Other than that things are moving right along.

Hey keep it up, its looking good (esp for a first addon!) no matter what anybody says, because you are bound to get some prick thinking that your 1st addon should be Earl and Suchey quality tounge_o.gif

Practice makes perfect smile_o.gif

OK its 3 am here Im spent

Here is the Fruits of the nights labor...

Click Me

*stumbles off to bed*

Looks nice, I've got some pics I took at Tankfest of a British M548, including an interior shot if I remember rightly, I can post if they'll be of any use.

From memory you've got the shape of the loadbed spot on, I'll dig out my pics when I get home from work (7hrs to go  sad_o.gif )

In the meantime, I've had a quick scout about on the net (quiet day workwise  wink_o.gif ) and so far I've found these:

http://www.roscommonequipmentcenter.com/projects/rec60.pdf - Figure B-2 on page 9 gives a good idea of the loadbed shape, plus all the extra bits they've added are convieniently painted red  smile_o.gif

Tank Museum, Bovington article on the modification of their M548s

I thought about making one of these a while a go and at the time I found a site with loads of detail pics of either a French or German one, but I'm buggered if I can find it again now  sad_o.gif  will keep looking though.

*Edit

French site with pics from all angles and plan views

maybe create this out of it?

m072.jpg

wink_o.gif

looking good so far man...

Hey Meathead,

You are making remarkable progress on the model and wish you well with the rest.

PH

yep that's the "chicken chucker" (long story)