Sign in to follow this  
hardrock

MMP update thread

@Mr Burns

a german would call this a "Freund'scher Fehler"

I don't know the exact english word for it, perhaps someone else does.

The new features of the Eurofighter sound really promissing.

Most of the features are really completly new. (realistic ILS, ACES, etc.)

But I still would like to get some more information.

If I can equip my plane with a script can I change my loudout while reloading? How will this work?

About ILS:

We know now it will be quite realistic. But how is that supported by OFP maps? And what if there are two or more runways? Which one will be used? Is it possible to use all?

Can't wait until the final release.

The EF will be the most advanced aircraft addon ever made for OFP with all this new features.

__

As it looks like at the moment there will be no german AA system (projects are halted)

This is very sad because you need them if you want to create realistic missions.

About ILS:

We know now it will be quite realistic. But how is that supported by OFP maps? And what if there are two or more runways? Which one will be used? Is it possible to use all?

Every addon that uses ACES (and so the EF) has to call an init-script from ACES. In this script, all necessary variables, like the current island, a path to the map, the ILS data and other things are set. So you can use ILS on all islands (as long as they are supported by ACES) and also on all runways of these islands (no matter what's their direction). When new islands come out in the future, ACES will be updated so that all aircraft addons that use ACES have access to the data and map textures of these new islands. This way the user only has to update one file, and not all addons.

I'm also planning to script that the AI can also land on all of these runways via the ILS data(also on carriers), but I'll see if this is doable.

Quote[/b] ]a german would call this a "Freund'scher Fehler"

I don't know the exact english word for it, perhaps someone else does.

Freudscher Fehler, Freud is a person smile_o.gif

Mixing up two simliar words (in pronunciation or writing) with different meaning.

Quote[/b] ]About ILS:

The mapper can define runways (more than one), and not only airports (won't go into detail about this, but I think you can guess it)

Quote[/b] ]As it looks like at the moment there will be no german AA system   (projects are halted)

This is very sad because you need them if you want to create realistic missions.

Yep, I know, but this is something we must wait for.

I really miss them in my MFCTI where the vulcan is the only american unit left sad_o.gif

did you use denoir's ai-land script for that?

Yep, I know, but this is something we must wait for.

I really miss them in my MFCTI where the vulcan is the only american unit left sad_o.gif

ok, now we know that there will be a medic in the next version of the Basic Pack

Thanks for the information.

I thought about making a CTI with german units some time ago but gave up.

There is no real attack helicopter in the German Army (the Tiger will have no machine gun (und die Grünen sind schuld ;) , the BO105 is not a very powerful weapon)

This will make a CTI very hard for german units if the enemies are armed realistic.

No AA systems in OFP would make it nessesary to use US Systems like the Vulcan or some ADATS systems and furthermore there is no german medic available at the moment.

Last but not least it would not be realistic that german units fight against an enemy without support by other contries.

___

Quote[/b] ]Freudscher Fehler, Freud is a person

one "n" too much....

where to get that script?

and, err as we are talking of scripts.

raedor, do you have some free time to spare?  tounge_o.gif

where to get that script?

and, err as we are talking of scripts.

raedor, do you have some free time to spare? tounge_o.gif

nope, sorry. give me your email, i can send it to you. it was never finished & "officially" released by CoC (denoir only said: "here you can d/l it..."), but it works.

do you maybe know where he offered this script? it would save me a lot of work

sorry, i can't find it. give me your email adress, i think i have it still somewhere on my HD. wink_o.gif

New pics of the ATF Dingo:

Image 01 (~60 kByte)

Image 02 (~60 kByte)

The Dingo is an all-terrain armoured personal carrier for up to 5 fully-equipped

soldiers and can be armed with an GMG (Grenade Machine Gun) or an MG3 which

can both be used under protection. It is realtively fast, small and maneuverable

and has been developed for use in different street and terrain measures.

The pictures show an early version of the Dingo, so far the first LOD is completed

and our texturer is creating new textures right now. Status should about 50 percent.

@raedor: Thanks, but the thing is cleared now. I PMed denoir and he gave me the script, but except some things it is rather useless for me (unfortunately)

And for information, a list of our current projects and a few details on them:

Basic Pack (Update):

- Improved soldier models (not the final version though),

- central resource and weapon file for better compability with the old BWMOD Demo

- All kinds of OFP Soldiers (apart from Grenadier)

- New Weapon models

- Stationary Guns (MG3, Milan) (don't sure if they will make it till the release)

Wolf:

Standart jeep of the Bundeswehr.

ATF Dingo:

An complete-armoured transport vehicle (ATF) for up to 5 soldiers.

MAN GL Pack (Update):

- config tweaks

Wiesel (Update / Final):

- New version (other armament)

- Model and config tweaks

(final version, sadly sad_o.gif )

Marder (Update):

EC-135

- new training chopper for upcoming pilots of the german Bundeswehr

Alouette II

- old training helicopter, replaced by the EC-135.

Motorboot 3:

A small boat to build and maintain bridges

BO-105 (Update):

- better flight simulation

- model and texture tweaks (for increased performance)

Bell UH1D:

Transport chopper of the german bundeswehr, going to be replaced by the NH90.

NH-90:

should be clear smile_o.gif

Leopard 1A5:

old MBT from the german Bundeswehr

Leopard 2A5 & 2A6:

current MBT of the german Bundeswehr

Eurofighter 2000 Typhoon:

should be clear, too smile_o.gif

For completness, a list of the halted projects:

- Gepard (AA Tank, Gun)

- Roland (AA Tank, Missiles, two versions, wheeled and tracked)

- Tiger

- Unimog Update

That's it, or better should.

Don't know if it's all and there are some other projects I shall not talk about (yet).

You can always check the projects page on our homepage (mm-proj.de), there's a nearly complete (we're completing it these days) list and more information about the projects (english and german).

Argh, NEEEEEIIIIIIIIN, the Tiger didn't even make it into the projects list!!!  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Edit: Noch schlimmer: Zhe french, zhey already have a Tigre!!!

NEED_GERMAN_TIGER!!! crazy_o.gif

mmp04.jpg

Ponton-Brigdes, which are deployable by Motorboot 3's, make it easy to get across every river.

(early beta, old soldier model and bush-test on the helmets, which have been removed)

[ZG]BUZZARD:

sorry, but currently we can't do anything about it.

Does that bridge actually work? In mp? Interesting stuff anyways.  smile_o.gif

Does that bridge actually work? In mp? Interesting stuff anyways.  smile_o.gif

It's working for players, AI still got some problems.

First we have to get it working in SP completley before making it MP compatible, but that won't be a big problem hopefully.

Why no Unimog update?

The one released is great but it needs lod work.

The creator of the addon is inactive at the moment and our other modelers are working at full capacity. But be sure that you'll get an update later.

3rd class?! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

i say "better than nothing!" ghostface.gif

@Terpentin

Is the Modell by Julian? (Ebola got it from him). Looks like our Dingo for FarCry  wink_o.gif But the texture is not from us.

When you release it please make a note that the model is from Julian.

I don't really know if the model is by Julian or someone of our team, gonna check that, but probably it's from your mod smile_o.gif

Saw the picture in our internal forums and just decided to post it here, didn't look further into it. If it is from Julian, you can be sure to get proper credits smile_o.gif