Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Multi Gun Positions

Sorry to skip out for an hour or so, I just had chinese for tea

but its ok she's gone now.

Geez that was in bad taste  wow_o.gif

Na, not really it was mongolian beef.

Anyway this is what I use in sqs (not complete)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_ffcount = (_vehicle ammo "csjDepthCharge")

_an = (4 - _ffcount)

?_an <= 0: exit

?(_an >= 1): _vehicle animate ["ani_DC1", 1]

?(_an >= 2): _vehicle animate ["ani_DC2", 1]

?(_an >= 3): _vehicle animate ["ani_DC3", 1]

?(_an >= 4): _vehicle animate ["ani_DC4", 1]

and in cpp just make dummy ammo and dummy weapon called "Depth Charge" or whatever.

So in game you get machine Gun up in the lil box top left.

press spacebar then it says Depth Charges.

push fire and DC rolls over the side.

hmmm the cl_water in the drop command is a bit so so.

How you going with your effects Colonel_Klink?

Initial trial with the drop command and a plume texture.

depth.jpg

Had Soldiers Heroes of World war II given to me for my birthday so progress on this is a little slow biggrin_o.gif

hum it look not bad, happy Bday Col. Klink(or CK in short wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif )

and dont you ever forget the fishing boats crazy_o.gif (j/k)

birthday.gif

beerchug.gifdance.gifband.gifdance.gifbeerchug.gif

K ,a bit excessive on the smily's ,anyway nice progress keep it up.  wink_o.gif

Thanks guys.

I've updated the plume pic as well, the other was taken after I had played Soldiers and the screen was too dark when i had taken a screenshot.

Sounds like a good idea.. any idea on how to do that?

Not personally, but i know someone who does custom menus for MP maps all the time...i will ask.....it will involve drawing a menu as well though tounge_o.gif

Hi Pathy. Drawing a menu wont be a problem. I'm designing a dash control panel for the boat driver so it would be best to use that I guess.

Excellent. Do you have MSN? My adress is at the bottom, i will try and put you in touch with my Mods scripter who is the one with alot of experience of custom menus.

Just tested the pt boat with the CoC Torpedo addon. Pt boat now fully armed smile_o.gif. Although I have found the mk46, mk48, and mk50 don't seem to want to explode on impact with other boats.

I have some new beta rivers on beta Nam islands that need a good beta boat to do some beta testing with *coughs* hint hint ;)

Para

Hmmm could do with some nam rivers to test the upcoming Monitor gunboat hint hint wink_o.gif

i must show my support to Klink too, looking very good ... biggrin_o.gif

Is this a "real" boat or an imaginary one?

looking realy good.

STGN

Is this a "real" boat or an imaginary one?

looking realy good.

STGN

Based on a real one.

The Huckins Yacht Corporation (Huckins Yacht Works) built a small number (18) of fast patrol torpedo boats during WW2. Although none were used in actual combat, Huckins designed boats were assigned to the training squadron, in Melville Rhode Island, the Panama Canal zone and Hawaii.

Getting information about the Huckins PT boats has been difficult. I sent an email to the company.. yes it still builds boats.. but not heard back from them yet.

I have had to use modeller's license on a number of features, but as explained at the beginning of this thread, the model is being used as a testbed.. At the moment it has basic textures, and I have taken some liberties with the armament smile_o.gif However, when it is finished it will be released, whether it will be used by mission makers or ww2 mod makers is entirely up to those concerned. For me it has been a fun addon and it has enabled me to try a host of new things...

Just another great Milestone comming up i say :-))

Dreaming about what "our" people all can do in OFP2

Have you tested the script on tanks (for front machineguns ect.) ? If you have, is the result the same as on boats?

From what I remember you can't get the pitch positions to work properly, so if the boat pitches upwards the gun posistions wont match properly...

This ain't a huge problem with boats on flat water, but tanks on hilly terrain would be a bit of a problem i think...