Mister Frag

OFP videography

Theres an option on fraps if you want to record the sound or not..  wink_o.gif

everytime i run fraps on ofp my fps drops to 2  sad_o.gif  banghead.gif

you need to try a lower screen resolution, I always do mine in the 640 range

LOL my game resolution is stuck on 1024-768 and when i tried to take it down ofp crashed.. my desktop runs on 1280-1024.. and i also tried ofp on that but it crashed lol huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif

any sugestions yay.gif

hey, maybe you know which programs to use for fraps video editing and which compressions to choose...

help.gif needed

what does that avi&mpeg spliter do? and what i can do to fix movie maker, it just doesn't save movies... help.gif

Quote[/b] ]Dragon Valley get it here!

gonna write in english since we r on this forum smile_o.gif))

well, unfortunately u haven't really progressed much since your last video sad_o.gif

it looks absolutely the same as the priviouse ( with my music in wink_o.gif )

sure u put more effects such as blur and flashes but it doesn't make video better if u film running units for 15 seconds and nothing more.

so ... i really expect better movie from you next time and i know u CAN do that smile_o.gif))

any way, ur video is much better then others on this forum. you have the beginning, the story and the idea line. lot of "children" think that first rambo style view is everything they need to film, u r the one who thinks more constructive wink_o.gif lol

any way, i really glad to see there one more latvian movie maker, and looks like latvians r gonna rule soon, lol

( even if we film different sides;) )

P.S. lau dzivo latvia, in your sign .. hmm .. i've seen it already somewhere .. lol

P.S.S. my new movie, not in ofp is there, watch it, i think u gonna like it - one day in riga -

http://www.luara.lv/?path=1,106,186

Great Movie smer4, liked the part.... amzz.... baby boom, sounds were funny rofl.gif

My movies arent really great becouse i make them at night, about 24.00 AM i start to make them and i finish at moring

confused_o.gif

Thats becouse i got other things to do every day, and at evenings ive got CW(clan wars) not only in OFP, but in CS...

And maybe there not so good becouse i like OFP too much i like to see the terrain the walking and other stuff...

But i know that thats not right sad_o.gif

All my movies are laggy thats beouse i got shiti pc

and only 10gb free space on HDD

crazy_o.gif

In this month am buying better pc...

And am geting DSL biggrin_o.gif

And then am going to really start making movies wink_o.gif

This is just some crap [lol]

But my biggest project is our Clan movie wich i have to make in a month or so, and it would be really great if u could help wink_o.gif

P.S we got some off our party pictures from Ronin party 2005

Links are here:

http://dc.no.lv/stream.rar

http://dc.no.lv/Zinchux.rar

http://dc.no.lv/Fallout.rar

http://dc.no.lv/Krio.rar

http://dc.no.lv/Blindog1.zip

http://dc.no.lv/Blindog2.zip

http://dc.no.lv/Blindog3.zip

http://dc.no.lv/Blindog4.zip

maybe u could make a little movie from our party...

I tried to make it my self, but i got crash all the time [im using Vegas Video] ( its probably becouse of my pc, its a crap]

help.gif

ohhh and

P.S.S LAI DZIIVO LATVIJA notworthy.gifrofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]And then am going to really start making movies

good smile_o.gif)) wiating for it

Quote[/b] ]t my biggest project is our Clan movie wich i have to make in a month or so, and it would be really great if u could help

what kind of help u want?

Quote[/b] ]maybe u could make a little movie from our party...

i have some of my projects, so, kinda a bit busy at the moment icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Great Movie smer4, liked the part.... amzz.... baby boom, sounds were funny

i love Brivibas Street part, when car goes from president castle till jugla smile_o.gif))

Quote[/b] ]P.S we got some off our party pictures from Ronin party 2005

can't open a single rar document sad_o.gif

I was going to have a go at editing them toghether, but all the links are broken sad_o.gif

Anyway,

http://files.filefront.com/OFP_MP_Part_2/;4045682;;/fileinfo.html

Appologies about the music, someone (*Cough*Gandalf) forgot to pause the radio-thing..... tounge2.gif

Their unedited, and should really be edited, but theres no really enough to edit into something worthwhile tounge2.gif

- Ben

smer4 those links dont work becouse stream.. our hoster is at

vecation...

P.S sorry for my English

sad_o.gif

by help i meen you could give me some usful tips and triks wink_o.gif

what does that avi&mpeg spliter do? and what i can do to fix movie maker, it just doesn't save movies... help.gif

Im using splitter to cut out the parts that I want and

then compress it with virtual dub to make em smaller and

then glue everything together with movie maker. Im not sure

I understand your last question? You select the parts and

save the file?(Ctrl+p)

hey

there is nothing special, simply filmed some stuff in multiplayer game. Video is about Air Moder Combats missions.

watch video trailer of aircombats - http://www.luara.lv/downloads/aircombats.zip

file will be available for downloading till the end of august.

enjoy of flights

Post Operation Flashpoint engine based movies only please.

I'll assume since this isn't like the OFP CP thread (Where you can only post videos) that your allow to discuss stuff.. So..

I'd guess it's been talked about before, but what programs do people use for editing the videos once their recorded?

For the few (Filmed using a video camera) films, I used Studio 8 and 9, mainly because my brother had the program, they were easy to use and by brother has used it a fair bit before.

I also tried Adobe Premier, but I never done much with it, there were some really annoying things about it, mainly..

The title creator was f***ing awfull, and I didn't really want to have to use Photoshop to create something simple like a word on the screen, or credits (having to make 100 induvidual images speratly, then import them and line them up.. Njet)

I didn't like the way the transitions were put in.. On the multi-track view, it's hard to tell what ones are being transitioned etc..

The interface was far to to shoved into the File menu (I'm guessing you could bring up toolbars, but I didn't use it for very long..)

What I did like about it is..

- When using two monitors, you could strech the window and place the media-bin thing (Where the video clips are listed), the transition etc toolbars, the video-monitor thing on the second monitor, and have the timeline fullscreen on the first monitor.

- Things like exporting each frame to a file was easy

- There were a lot of tutorials on the internet for it (As it's such a well knowen program), also lots of plugins etc made too

Studio 9 was almost the oposite..

- The interface was very graphicy, everything was easy to find. But it's a very home-film-making program..

- (Because of that..) There was no way to seperate the monitor window etc to a second window, the program window seemed stuck at the screen-res (couldn't maximise it, but you could move it about which was a little bugging, but this was fixed in v9).

- The effects being applied in real-time slowed the computer down a lot (Not tried it since I got more ram acctualy..)

- One thing I hated, I'd bought (well, brother bought tounge2.gif) the full program, yet still over half of the effects/transtitons were only avalible IF YOU PAYED FOR THE "Premier Edition" mad_o.gif

I (didn't) download Avid Xpress Pro, but it required higher-system spec than I had (For the minimum requirements I had at the time.. scarey.. It needs at minimum, a 1.6GHz P4, "System Memory: 1.5 GB minimum"!wink_o.gif, my PC specs are around the right spec (they should run, just), but it needs Windows XP Pro, and I only have Home... So that loads, but it's unsuable (Things are randomly not visible, it responds a minute after you do something etc)

The PC that I could easliy put Windows 2000 on is.. slightly under the recommended spec (It has 256mb ram for example tounge2.gif)

Or the laptop, but I dont really want to put Windows2k on that, besides, it's hardly ideal for video editing tounge2.gif

So.. any suggestions on video editing programs? (Also other people's thoughts on any video editing programs would be intersting to read)

A side note, I'm stating a college course in a few weeks that is centered around video editing ("Media production" is the proper title tounge2.gif), which has very recently been updated to use newer technology, so that'll help a hell of a lot. Not really directly related to this post (but it's one of the main reason I want to get back into video editing), but it's there anyway icon_rolleyes.giftounge2.gif

- Ben

{Edit : made it a bit easier to read, still fairly long though tounge2.gif}

to DBR_ONIX

lol, nothing personal but u've spent so long time typing all this in really not right forum. It whould be smarter, i guess, to copy your text and paste in somewhere another forum with video specific stuff if u've already got a little expirionce in use of the programs ( u've listed above ) and u can compare it smile_o.gif

any way i use adobe pro and i like it.

Good point, but it didn't take that long, and I was bored tounge2.gif

It was more I was interested in what programs other people here used than anything

Not really related to the original question, but I tried the demo of "Digital Fusion 4", and it's the most fecking great program I've used biggrin_o.gif

The way you use it takes about 5minutes of getting used to, but after that it's nice to use, very intuitive smile_o.gif

From looking at a few videos, I could colour correct two clips perfectly, do basic motion tracking (Need to play about more). It's just a great program, till you look at the price tounge2.gif ($US4500 dollars I think)

Anyway, I'll stop going of topic to random video editing programs that are of very limited use to OFP video editing tounge2.gif

When you say Adobe pro, you mean Adobe Premier Pro?

- Ben

Sonic vegas video is very easy for a beginner to learn and make cool stuff in. Theres tutorials how to make that bullet came script in there, but stuff like that u need to goggle to get.

i havent got any response, i have asked confused_o.gif

And we have to pay 30ls for server and 4 ls for homepage

sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i havent got any response, i have asked

And we have to pay 30ls for server and 4 ls for homepage

well, in this case i can advise u to unite with me in making movies and flashpointzone will host us wink_o.gif