Mister Frag

OFP videography

I love the music, what is that from?

Sounds like a Bill Brown type of score

It´s from Hans Zimmer "Gladiator"-OST.

Are there no credits in the zip-files?

There might have been, just didnt remember seeing it

I have finally decided to enter the realm ot video making/editting now to get started i need help.

I got FRAPS/GAMECAM two video capture tools but i wanna know what you guys use , ive seen some people use tools other then FRAPS probably because their file sizesa re quite low and quality good too with fraps thats impossible upon encoding the movie in DIVX with Virtualdub it becomes crappy quality. With gamecam it seems it encodes the video itself live unlike FRAPS and its codecs are even crappier then FRAPS atleast in fraps the original is good with gamecam it comes out quite poor quality.

So whats the solution to this?

Plus how can i record sound with my videos i was able to do it in a few trials i did sometime ago with FRAPS but now both gamecam and fraps DONT record sound for some reason and i did checked the option in the controlpanels sound options.

Any help/suggestions/advises appreciated.

Game Cam is your best bet to use only that, because it was specifically made for recording video in game.

So you can balance performance and quality to however your cpu can handle...

As for the sound issues, I have no idea

heres a bug ive been messing around since 2003 i think

m1a1 bug

no setvelocity thingamabob here

nice movies all! Filming in OFP is much more difficult than taking your random Combat Photography screenshot, but movies catch the OFP atmosphere so much better. Keep them coming!

does eny1 know where I can get some jibd of video capture program?

I'd never heard of GameCam before, but downloaded it yesterday, and having trouble running it. I set up a Flashpoint profile, and run GameCam and Launcher the OFPprofile, and Flashpoint starts, but its in a window, and several seconds after starting it, Flashpoint closes down, AFAIK without even loading Flashpoint, just a black screen.

Currently i use Fraps 2 (wanted to use GameCam to see which is better), that runs well, and records the sound (including TS/Vent and music playing as well however).

Just to add on, i dont think i've posted this move here before, so here is one i made a while ago (before i had a good GFX card - so its alittle choppy) whilst playing with my squad.

RCIR movie (WMV format, 10MB)

Used Fraps2 for that, but like i say, it was with an old card, and with that one recording made it choppy (but playeable still). New GFX card, Fraps2 runs alot better though.

can some1 gimme a link? I need (if there is 1) a program were I can record movies that are more than 3 minutes long.

fraps for me was laggy as hell, serious fps drop made it unplayable so using it to record ingame shananigans was right out of the question sad_o.gif but its ok if you just wanna record cut scene type stuff .

gamecam i could get running without any performance hit at all but i did have a lot of trouble getting it to work with OFP. main reason was DXDLL ,it is not compatible with gamecam as they both directx thingymebobs

i couldn't get GC to accept any target parameters -nosplash -nomap -mods sad_o.gif but eventually got it to work by ignoring the instructions, setup a profile to your flashpointbeta.exe or whichever you use but dont launch the game thru GC launch it thru a launcher program like kegetys launcher 2.18 with GC running in the background,it then worked with all the mods active

to get sound with GC you have to pay but gamecamlite is very cheap and its a one off payment and you get it for life i believe.

i haven't used either a lot but from a bit messing about with both gamecam seems to come out top for me

Quote[/b] ]All of that stuff was in-game

.... excuse me .... but space !?

Made a promo video of my next campaign: H E R E

4.20 minutes

9.15 MB@200KB/sec+

Click on "Free" at the bottom of the page and wait for 60 seconds. sad_o.gif

When the download is ready click on "RedDragonRising.wmv", again at the bottom of the page.

smer4, very nice. I'm a bit confused though: are the water effects all in Silent Hunter or where can I get these water effects for OFP boats?

Image23.jpg

I released my movie announced above: "OFP1: A Tribute to Variety"

---------------------

I made the "OFP1: A Tribute to Variety" movie out of the cutscenes that I have been creating over the past two years. Due to a lack of time the actual missions they preface may never see the day of light, but I thought I could make them available this way.

There are multiple settings, featuring a WW2 airborne mission with heavy FLAK, a Middle-east rebel leader being eliminated by a helicopter, some jungle stuff and an attempt at SCI-FI.

OFP is much more diverse than I can show it to be, but I (pre)release this video in order to encourage others with more powerful PCs to (continue to) explore the undeniable cinematic possibilities of the OFP engine.

Credits to all who have enhanced and expanded the engine. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, keep those videos coming!

Download location[ (right click = save as) (ftp takes a while to start; the file is 30 Mb. and .wmv format)

The promo pics:

guard2.jpg

Enjoy!