Sign in to follow this  
Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX

Ghost In The Shell - IRL

(dear god dont let him be a pilot  crazy_o.gif)

I ain't too thrilled about him being a cab driver, either! crazy_o.gif

Is that a compliment? smile_o.gif

(dear god dont let him be a pilot  crazy_o.gif)

I ain't too thrilled about him being a cab driver, either! crazy_o.gif

Is that a compliment? smile_o.gif

To cab drivers, it is! tounge_o.gif

I really doubt anything as simple as this can work. The "image behind" is nice, but actually what is "behind" depends on where are you viewing the "invisible guy" from, therefore by using this technique you will be invisible only from one direction.

If you are able to predict where the viewer is (like when taking a press photo of this technique smile_o.gif, or perhaps in some combat situation, it can work quite nice), but if the viewer's position is arbitrary, the results will be bad.

Surely... its good enough in Woodland area's..

I want this suit! crazy_o.gif

I'd hate to be the soldier with one of these cloaks on when the battery-low LED goes on.

I read somewhere that the U.S, Air Force was working on an aircraft skin that used electromagnetic energy to warp the path of light emissions. The effect is that anyone staring at the aircraft from any angle sees blue sky from refracted light around the actual aircraft and the light bouncing off the skin of the craft bends away from any would-be observers.

I don't know how well it works, but I don't suppose we'd be told if it does. wink_o.gif

I read somewhere that the U.S, Air Force was working on an aircraft skin that used electromagnetic energy to warp the path of light emissions.

The question would be how the pilot is supposed to see anything when the 'light is warped' around his ship... rock.gif

I'd hate to be the soldier with one of these cloaks on when the battery-low LED goes on.

06there.gif

'Aim at that light!!! biggrin_o.gif '

05watch.gif

'What's that light over there??'

the concept is pretty useless for uniforms or vehicles.

War is dirt. Things get terribly dirty during war.

So even if the surrounding could be displayed on the vehicle or uniform it would be useless.

I think a Chameleon camouflage that adopts colors from the surrounding and forms shapes to loose the sillhouette would be much more efficient than a walking mirror with dirty boots on tounge_o.gif